Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138833

Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:14 pm

I've overheard someone talking about starting over. Now, it matters not who, but it just gave me an idea, if there was a way to keep our heroes but send them on an adventure in a different world, a world they could rescue without.....

Without you know what. You reading these words. Think about it for a second. Yeah, that.

This actually has an influence on the RP canon already, more or less. Like why Bookman couldn't join the heroes for the Collective Saga? Simple, Bookman is away with other stuff to do. Another world needs him. And this is that world, and the RP will describe those adventures.

It's a fantasy reality with several kingdoms of different races, spread out on the map, and Bookman (with Elie) arrives there to restore peace among the races. There'll be court dramas and politics, daily life of the aristocracy, (murder) plots and mysteries to solve, plus traveling, treasure hunting, and MAYBE an occasional battle. The countries aren't at open war - but they are conflicted, both internally and with their neighbours, and somebody has to talk sense into them, which isn't necessarily simple.

So we have a new setting. Now I'm getting to the part about 'starting over'. There's a reason why the heroes can't, say, conquer the entire planet and force the races to cease fighting (or to unite against them for independence <<). That same reason is also why the heroes joining won't enter with their full arsenal of powers. I don't say no to anything YET because I haven't decided on a target power level - but I'll share the mechanism with you, ie. the reason why not?

The world exists in its own dimension, and within the dimension, outside the world, there's a pantheon of gods and goddesses. They keep the world safe and balanced and also check on every visitor that stumbles into the dimension by accident. Anything that falls under their specialties, any power listed as an attribute for one of them, needs divine permission to exist in the fantasy world.

To use an example, Fire magic draws power from the Fire God - not the environment because fires in the environment already draw power from the Fire God, and not from the user because the Fire God lays hand on that firepower, or it can't enter the world. It's that simple. But Gods give permission to using powers, only those and within the limits that don't threaten world balance. You negotiate this IC when you meet the pantheon of gods, and OOC here while I try to figure out what should and shouldn't be allowed.

And there's no communication between this dimension and others. You can travel into it, but you can't, say, telepathically message someone inside or summon something from other distant worlds. Ryuuki, if he entered, would only ever exist in one incarnation (not that Ryuuki has any chance of joining this RP though) and messages back outside to family and friends, including cries for help, are shut.

All this for the simple reason of making a stable environment for a specific adventure and the starting over feel without abandoning our heroes as such, only certain powers they had. When you think about it, giving up on blowing up mountains means that no random villain will blow up the mountain you're crossing as you travel - this is that kind of balance.

It's vacation time and plenty folks are away but I've no rush to start this RP so you can take your time planning for it. I've LOTS of decisions to make still... and I'll drop tidbits here to update you guys when I do decide on factors like which races, what countries, what attributes there are in the pantheon etc.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60458

Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 am

hey that might not suck, though it depends on how fantasy your fantasy kingdom is...though there'd be no real place for kieran.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:45 am

Hmmm...... think Zelda level? I dunno. >>
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:50 am

Maybe....but like..fantasy races and stuff? well, either way...not the cartoon haha..that thing is quite shitty...

"well EXCUSE ME PRINCESS"
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 am

XD Well, as far as races go...... there's one race per god/goddess and there's 12 of those so far... I can give you the list of races since that's something I have now.

Taurens (Bull-Men and Cow-Girls), Mermaids (and Mermen), Angels, Demons, Ursa (Bearfolk), Elves, Nikons (Catfolk), Humans, Dragons, Arachni (Spiderfolk), Lamia (Snake-Girls), Bunnies (Bunnyfolk)

More if I get the ideas, but no dwarfs, gnomes, or goblins.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 am

nikons should be camerafolk.

man if you're gonna have elves though you could at least include goblins who are funny....
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:23 am

......... this one sure took forever with no updates. And two months worth of vacation are nearly over. But since I was without the Internet for around a week, guess what, I had the time to sit down and plan this.

...... I wish that more people actually posted in reply here, cause it looks like nobody cares.... buuut this was initially about Book and Elie's adventure, and that'll happen whether or not others tag along. 2 or 3 others would be plenty, and move at their own pace as heroes could split up.

I'm giving this preparation post another try before I next post a topic where heroes negotiate with the gods before arriving in the new world proper.

As for the list of 'attributes' that the gods will rule over.... hmm, it won't hurt to give you guys more details by now. In fact this info is long overdue I guess. >>

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42626

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:46 pm

If you are planning to attempt politics then, although I might regret this, you should try playing Echo Bazzar. It's a browser game linked to Facebook, but it might give you an idea about non-combat gaming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)   Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preparation topic - Fantasy setting, our heroes (and power limits discussion)
Page 1 of 1