Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)

Go down 
+3
Cybeast Worshipper
Xellious Noon
ThomasWindar
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:25 pm

If your STR drops below half of what you need for the armor.......... man that'd be a heavy debuff.

I think the body slots are a good idea, and 'Weapon Attack' might work out, although no attack/damage stat is counter-intuitive. The benefit you aim for, 'freedom of customization'.... myself I preferred the good ol' Final Fantasy's setup (R-Hand, L-Hand, Head, Body, sometimes Gloves, and two Accessory slots). It has nothing in terms of 'freedom of customization' but it was natural and intuitive.

I think that to pull this off you need to design some classes that really take advantage of specialized weapon/armor placements, then it'll be incentive enough for players to think "should I just take the standard class or that other class and adjust equips accordingly". The ability to wield tons of weapons on every bodypart in itself.... just MIGHT be attractive enough to lure the players.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:22 pm

If you want to know, Engineer and Dancer will be based on equipment heavily, while Magic Knight also has a small impact on equips as well. The rest of the classes are rather free of customization if someone prefers the good'ol FF approach.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 38735

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

So now with the Extera, do we get to choose what kind we have when we start? And if we do, do they have to be the basic type, or can they be one of the combined Extera? (Magma as opposed to Earth or Fire)
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:30 pm

I will add the Scenario Rules later. Although I got one awesome idea for the book. XD

When we'll start the RP.... I will let you choose the type and element. Just remember that the egg cannot have a modern element. It can be "Machinery" but it cannot be "Cartoon" or "Manga" or "Internet" element. OK?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 pm

I already asked about Cartoon, that was my first instinct. Now, Oscar is supposed to have Juice (a sort of Water + Plant Extera. Water in better taste. XD) .... Nike will have Metal or Sound, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:35 pm

So what do you guys view Plasma as? I'm used to the Sci-Fi definition of an almost jelly-like substance with great heat and destructive power. (just because I remembered there being a weird combination to get it in Master Gear)
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:29 pm

Plasma is ok. I guess it would be a combination of a Magma/Heat/Whatever Extera with a Lightning Extera. But it can occur so yeah... I guess it fits.

Previously I also wanted to roll the dice for your egg rank, but I discarded that idea. Although I will add that option to the rules, luck is a bitch sometimes and some of the players could feel bad when everyone has a Rank I egg and one rolls an S rank egg.

Alright now, good night everyone. Tomorrow I will try making another ST. Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm

For technical reasons, I cannot post combat rules, item rules and such now on the forums. I am actively changing and updating them everyday so they will come after their final version arrives. The STs however will still appear.

Similar technical reasons do not allow me to post the possible to learn extra skills, the bestiary, artifact weapons and a few other things. No worries though, when the RP starts, they will be ready.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:02 pm

After a long wait, here it is folks! The Dancer ST is ready to be seen. Next up is Magic Knight ST, and so far I must say it is definitely nice. Btw..... when I post all STs, we're going to actually start the RP, since I need to test a few things "on-the-run" and of course the storyline we will use will be the one added as a Scenario to the final Book. You can already start choosing your Extera. Additional additions shall be added soon.

Dancer -> Actor (Adds weapon conceal abilities) or Combat Dancer (Increased weapon combination abilities)
Actor -> Performer (Adds weapon conceal abilities + counter abilities) OR Deceiver (Adds weapon conceal abilities + feint abilities)
Combat Dancer -> Juggler (Increased combination abilities + ranged attacks) OR Blade Dancer (Increased combination abilities + increased damage)

Class: Dancer
Stats:
- Strength 14
- Endurance 8
- Magic Defense 6
- Wisdom 4
- Vitality 18
Skills:
Quick Draw - None - Passive - Drawing a weapon from a sheath does not cost an action. Similar putting a weapon back into its sheath does not cost an action. - You think your sword *blink* can.... er... hammer?
Spoiler:
Flexibility - 15 VIT - Passive - Negates 25% penalty for equipping an item in a not suited body slot. - I can defeat you using my feet only!
Spoiler:
Dance - 15 VIT - At Will - If declared so, the character can start dancing. Grants +1 attack action. Dancing can only be active if the character can keep balance. The dance lasts until the character stops or is knocked down. - One, two, three! One, two, three! One, two, *crash*...ouch.
Spoiler:
Sense of Rhythm - None - Passive - While dancing all damage is boosted by 5% and received damage decreases by 5%. - Step, step, stop, turn, turn and sweep!
Spoiler:
Combination Mastery - None - Passive - When dealing more than 1 attack, your next attack damage is boosted by +10% and +10% for each additional attack in the combo. - Whack, wham, smack, slam, SMASH!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Combat Dancer
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9)
- Endurance 8 (+3)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2)
- Wisdom 4 (+1)
- Vitality 18 (+10)
Skills:
Power Song - 20 VIT, Dance lvl 3, Sense of Rhythm lvl 3 - At Will - Sings a song that boosts all ally damage by 10%. The song lasts until the user gets knocked down or stops singing. The bonus does not work on you. Only one song can be sang at a time. - La, la la la, la, LA!
Spoiler:
Enchanting Song - 20 VIT, Dance lvl 3, Sense of Rhythm lvl 3 - At Will - Sings a song that increases all allied Extera Mana regeneration rate by x2. The song lasts until the user gets knocked down or stops singing. Only one song can be sang at a time. - La, la, la, LA LA LA, la la, la, LA! LA LA!!!
Spoiler:
Irritating Song - 20 VIT, Dance lvl 3, Sense of Rhythm lvl 3 - At Will - Sings a song that decreases enemy damage and END by 20% and all enemy spells have a 20% chance of failure. The song lasts until the user gets knocked down or stops singing. Only one song can be sang at a time. - Ahem...*cough*....la la la, SCREEEEEEECH!!!!
Spoiler:
Combat Dance - 20 VIT, Dance lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Grants +2 actions for the current turn. Can only be used while dancing, changing the dance a bit. If you get knocked down, you are stunned for 2 actions. - Here comes the dance of death!
Spoiler:
Symmetry - 20 VIT, Sense of Rhythm lvl 3 - Passive - If both left and right side weapons are the same (no matter in which slots) your damage increases by 25%. In case of two-handed weapons they need to be in the same-type body slots. - My art is perfect SYMMETRY!
Spoiler:

Class: Juggler
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9) (+17)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+6)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2) (+2)
- Wisdom 4 (+1) (+1)
- Vitality 18 (+10) (+24)
Skills:
Deadly Juggle - 40 VIT, 20 STR - At Will - If your hands are free, you can juggle around yourself up to 6 items of whatever nature if your "Carrying Capacity" is enough to hold each item separately. You can start the juggle with 3 items and add 1 each action. While juggling you can only make movement actions. You can upkeep this ability for as long as you wish to carry items around with you. Whenever attacked, all of these items will drop at the enemies and allies around you. If they are weapons, they deal their weapon damage to the people they fall on. If they are potions/liquids in bottles, they are used at the targets they fall on. If they are armors, they deal damage equal to x10 their STR requirement. If you end the juggle, you can remove 1 item per action from the juggle when trying to end the juggle OR drop all of them at once on the ground. - Come on everybody, welcome to the show!
Spoiler:
Boomerang- 30 VIT, 25 STR - At Will - Allows you to throw a melee weapon at an enemy and make it come back to you. The distance is very short. Deals weapon damage to the enemy. - Here and back! *bonk*
Spoiler:
Catch - 40 VIT - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to catch a full action of projectiles launched at you if your hands are free. - Heh, you hit but still failed!
Spoiler:
Dirty Surprise - 30 STR, 30 VIT - At Will - If the target is not aware of your presence, allows you to take off one of his armor pieces from the body slots and put it on a lower slot. That item will restrict movement of the chosen body part until the opponent wastes 1 action to put it back on. - PANTS! OFF! NOW!!!
Spoiler:
Gold Rain - 30 STR, 30 VIT - At Will - Throws coins into the air. This attack deals as much damage as you sacrifice gold for it. 10 gold = 1 damage. The amount of damage from this attack is divided equally between all targets on the field. - It's raining money!
Spoiler:

Class: Blade Dancer
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9) (+26)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+6)
- Wisdom 4 (+1) (+1)
- Vitality 18 (+10) (+15)
Skills:
Elemental Seal - 40 STR, 30 VIT, Combat Dance lvl 3 - Once per Day - During one action, attacks with up to seven weapons. Each weapon must be different and delivers its weapon damage x2 + 50% of it's damage is enchanted with an element. The Elements are delivered one by one in order of Fire, Water, Lightning, Earth, Wind, Holy and Darkness. Delivering a strike from Holy will recover 20% of your Max HP, while a strike from Darkness shall cast Panic. - This is the dance of the Seven Elements! FIRE! WATER! LIGHTNING! EARTH! WIND! HOLY! DARKNESS SEAL!!!
Spoiler:
Dancing Weapon - Symmetry lvl 3, Enchanting Song lvl 3 - At Will - Sings a song that causes one of your weapons to come alive and attack. The weapon receives one movement action and one attack action per turn. When attacking, your STR bonus is not added for the weapon. Only one song can be sang at a time. This works until you are knocked down or cancel the song.- ~Dancing blades of the wind, striking with the force within.
Spoiler:
Balancing - None - Passive - All items equipped in body slots have weight -2 STR. - What do you mean "Walking Armory"?
Spoiler:
Sidestep - 30 VIT - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to step to the side to evade a melee attack. You do not waste an Action to perform this. - Oops! So sorry...
Spoiler:
Endless Strikes - 40 STR, 30 VIT, Combination Mastery lvl 3 - Once per Day - Unleashes all weapon attacks held on the body on the enemy. Each weapon delivers all of its attacks. After this technique ends, you are stunned for your whole turn. To use this technique, Dancing Weapon must be active for at least 2 turns without the weapons attacking (but they can move). All weapons become unequipped from the user. - This is the end! The ultimate attack of all Dancers, ENDLESS STRIKES!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Actor
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9)
- Endurance 8 (+3)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2)
- Wisdom 4 (+6)
- Vitality 18 (+5)
Skills:
Concealment - 10 WIS - Passive - Weapon sheaths for small weapons can be modified for 50% of their cost to make the weapon not noticeable. - This necklace on my neck is not a beautifully ornamented sun with a ruby, but a two-handed heavy combat axe!
Spoiler:
Draw Style - 10 WIS, Quick Draw lvl 3 - At Will - Allows you to stand in a special pose. All damage dealt from weapons freshly drawn from their sheaths increases by 10%. When using this style, you cannot dance or perform any other poses. This style remains active until turned off. - Now let me just take my pen an-SURPRISE ATTACK!!!
Spoiler:
Fake Tears - 10 WIS - Once per Encounter - Allows you to fall into a tantrum and cry loudly for one turn. This will focus the attention of all enemies on you. (they are targeted by allies as "unaware") This action can be taken immediately after receiving any damage and if so, shall skip all enemy turns at once. - WAAAAAAHHH!! HOW COULD YOU!!! YOU MONSTER!!! YOU BEAST!!! OH HO HO HO HO!!! *CRIES*
Spoiler:
Sweet Talking - 10 WIS - Passive - All NPCs will have a higher chance of believing that your praising is made out of true intentions with no ulterior motive. This will only work if the character tries speaking in a way to convince the target. - No, seriously, you are fabulous! Your nose, pose, beautiful hands and face! Why, my dear Lady, if I wasn't gay, I would definitely fall for you.
Spoiler:
Rising Kick - 15 STR, 15 VIT - At Will - When using an action to get up from knock down, all enemies around you will be hit with a spin kick that will cause knock down. - He's down! Let's get hi-WHACK!
Spoiler:

Class: Performer
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9) (+11)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+3)
- Wisdom 4 (+6) (+20)
- Vitality 18 (+5) (+14)
Skills:
Mirror of Pain - 30 VIT, 30 WIS - Once per encounter - If hit by an attack, this effect can be activated as a free action. All damage and effects of attacks are also suffered by the enemy that hit you. - You share my pain I see.
Spoiler:
Role play - 30 WIS - Once per encounter - Copy all buffs, debuffs and status effects of the enemy on yourself for 3 turns. - Why, I would feel better in your shoes right now.
Spoiler:
Extra Script - None - Passive - Adds an extra slot for learn-able skills. - I have prepared for this role specifically!
Spoiler:
Voice Changer - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows the user to imitate a voice of his gender that he/she previously heard. - Can't you hear my voice? I am your lord and master!
Spoiler:
Social Knowledge - 30 WIS - Passive - If asked about Royalty, the GM provides the correct answer. - But of course I know! That is common knowledge after all.
Spoiler:

Class: Deceiver
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+9) (+28)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+3)
- Wisdom 4 (+6) (+3)
- Vitality 18 (+5) (+14)
Skills:
Light Sheath - None - Passive - Weapon weight is decreased by 25% when in sheath. - I have millions of weapons on my coat!
Spoiler:
Feint Attack - 30 VIT, Draw Style lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Wastes an action to fake an attack. Your next attack action cannot be stopped in any way. - I come from the left! Oops, I meant my left, so sorry!
Spoiler:
Sneaky Flurry - 30 VIT, Draw Style lvl 3 - Passive - Grants +1 attack action if at the start of your turn you do not have any weapons in your hands. - SURPRISE FACE STABBING!!!
Spoiler:
Mind Crush - None - Once per Encounter - 25% chance to cause Panic on the target for 3 actions. - I AM THE MIGHTY SOUL DEVOURER!!! GIVE ME YOUR FREAKING SOUL!!!
Spoiler:
Play Dead - Fake Tears lvl 3, Sweet Talking lvl 3 - Once per Encounter - Whenever receiving a hit, you can pretend that it killed you and that way make all enemies completely ignore you for 1 turn. Afterwards the enemies will notice that you are still breathing. - I'm dead. Keep walking!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:49 am

Just reading over the Thief (which is what I plan to use) and it's like the Death Bringer class isn't really... 1 vs 1 material. I thought it'd be things more centered on degrading an enemy, putting mass amounts of power into attacks, and things like that. It just seems... not 1vs1 oriented.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:00 am

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad wrote:
Just reading over the Thief (which is what I plan to use) and it's like the Death Bringer class isn't really... 1 vs 1 material. I thought it'd be things more centered on degrading an enemy, putting mass amounts of power into attacks, and things like that. It just seems... not 1vs1 oriented.

Death Bringer so far has increased 1vs1 skills. He has a passive that can increase his Critical rate by up to 20%, Has a skill that can ensure your next attack is a critical hit (and unlike other classes, this can be done at will) that will stun an enemy (stun means 2 actions are lost). He also has an ability that can ensure the enemy will die and an ability that disables enemy Extera from fighting at all, which is a terrible hit for the Linker class. (That skill was modified lately by me, just didn't update it yet)

Now degrading enemy stats... that is actually the specialty of Rune Edges so you see... Death Bringer can only focus on dealing huge damage. Remember though that you have all the skills of Assassin as well, so if I would give a rough estimate of a Death Bringer ability it would be:
- Critical Up
- Chance of granting more attack actions
- Damage increase on low HP
- Poison Chance in all weapons

And that is speaking sheer buffs.

But enough about me defending the class. If you have a suggestion, I will look into it. What would you change in Death Bringer? (It doesn't have to be a detailed skill description)
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 4:41 pm

I'll take another look at it when I've got time but I didn't realize that the Assassin's skills would carry over as well so maybe there's no need to add much of anything. But I'll get back to you on it.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 pm

Don't rush yourself. The game isn't starting anytime soon. XD
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 4:47 pm

And finally it is here, the most anticipated ST of all.... the Magic Knight! With it also comes the Dark Affinity system, however it will be not revealed before the game starts. As a surprise for the players. >:3

Magic Knight -> Holy Knight (Better Support Spells) Or Dark Knight (Better Damage)
Holy Knight -> Dragon Knight (Better Support Spells + Dragon Magic) OR Divine Knight (better Support Spells + Protective Spells)
Dark Knight -> Demon Knight (Better Damage + Demonic Magic) OR Chaos Knight (Better Damage + Better Crowd Control)

Class: Magic Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10
- Endurance 10
- Magic Defense 10
- Wisdom 10
- Vitality 10
Skills:
Magic Glove - R or L Hand+Forearm - Passive - A glove with a magic crystal occupies the users left or right hand fully. The glove is treated like a Magic Amplifier item. You can hold something with the hand in glove, however when you do, it loses its Magic Amplifier ability and all bonuses granted by the arm are cut in half. - I could take it off. But I don't want to!
Spoiler:
Defensive Swing - 10 WIS - At Will - Allows you to sacrifice an action to swing your weapon around yourself. All magic projectiles are negated while swinging. - Hmph, where did you learn magic?
Spoiler:
Sword Force - 10 STR, 10 WIS, any Magic Amplifier - At Will - Allows you to send a ranged wave of energy at the enemy from your weapon. Deals weapon damage, but does not carry status effects, STR boosts nor damage type (wave counts as magic). - Feel the power of sword magic!
Spoiler:
Astral Veil - 10 WIS - At Will - Casts a spell on your weapon that changes it into an ethereal one. It's damage type is changed into magic. This buff works for 3 turns. While the buff works, you cannot recast the spell. - With this weapon I can slash spirits themselves!
Spoiler:
Magic Barrier - 10 WIS - Once per encounter - Creates a barrier around the target that has 100 HP and absorbs magic damage. The barrier stays till destroyed and follows the target. Until the barrier is destroyed, magic attacks cannot inflict status effects on the target. Normal attacks still pass through the barrier. When hitting the barrier, it has no END nor MDEF. - Protection!
Spoiler:

Class: Holy Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+2)
- Endurance 10 (+8)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5)
- Wisdom 10 (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5)
Skills:
Holy Glove - Magic Glove lvl 3 - Passive - Adds additional effects to Magic Glove. All Holy spells deal 10% more damage. Can touch Holy items with the glove without desecrating them. Treated as a Holy Magic amplifier. - The Holy Light shall lead us!
Spoiler:
Holy Light - 15 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per encounter - Restores 2x WIS of HP to target with Holy energy. - The Holy Light shall heal us!
Spoiler:
Holy Shield - 15 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per Encounter - Increases MDEF by 2x WIS for 3 turns. - The Holy Light shall shield us!
Spoiler:
Holy Weapon - 15 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per Encounter - Adds 2x WIS Holy damage to your attacks that is delivered as magic damage. This effect lasts 3 turns. - The Holy Light shall strengthen us!
Spoiler:
Enhanced Stamina - None - Passive - HP Multiplier for Vitality is x12 instead of x10 - The Holy Light shall....er...It's just body training this time.
Spoiler:

Class: Dragon Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+2) (+5)
- Endurance 10 (+8) (+10)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5) (+20)
- Wisdom 10 (+5) (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Dragon Claw - Holy Glove lvl 3 - Passive - Replaces the Holy Glove with a permanent Dragon Claw. Keeps all effects of Magic and Holy Glove. Cannot be taken off. All elemental spells except for Holy and Darkness deal 20% more damage. The hand is now Fire-proof and can touch fire and even lava with no penalties or damage. - The power of ancient dragons is in the palm of my hand!
Spoiler:
Dragon Breath - 20 VIT - At Will - Allows you to spit fire on the enemy that causes your STR in damage and 50% chance for burn status. - Now that is a bad case of heartburn.
Spoiler:
Dragon Slasher - 15 STR, 20 VIT - Twice per Encounter - Only if your Dragon Claw is not occupied. Deals your weapon damage x2 + STR x2 and causes bleeding. - Behold the power of a Dragon Knight!
Spoiler:
Dragon Raid - 20 VIT, 20 WIS, any magic amplifier - Once per Day - Summons a fire dragon to raid the field with a fire breath. All enemies receive WIS x3 damage and burn status. - Come forth my brothers!
Spoiler:
Dragon Skin - None - Passive - All magic damage is reduced by 10%. - Your spells are weak!
Spoiler:

Class: Divine Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+2) (+5)
- Endurance 10 (+8) (+20)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5) (+10)
- Wisdom 10 (+5) (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Divine Glove - Holy Glove lvl 3 - Passive - All Holy damage increases by 20% and decreases Darkness Spell damage by 20%. Can touch and use Sacred items with no penalties or desecrating them. - You dare face the power of the Gods?
Spoiler:
Divine Warrior - Holy Weapon lvl 3, Holy Shield lvl 3 - Passive - +50% stats of sacred items. - I am the one, chosen by the Gods!
Spoiler:
Sanctuary - 20 WIS, Holy Shield lvl 3, any magic amplifier - Twice per day - No damage or effects can be dealt for 3 turns including healing and buffs. Poison, bleeding, regeneration etc. are still in effect. - No one will touch those protected by the Gods!
Spoiler:
Holy Smite - 15 STR, 20 WIS, Holy magic amplifier - Once per Encounter - Deals your weapon damage + WIS x2 in Holy damage. When striking an evil or dark creature, that creature is also paralyzed for 1 turn. - Begone, evil spirit!
Spoiler:
Divine Protection - None - Once per week - If the user dies, he is revived with 50% Max HP. - The warriors of light shall never die!
Spoiler:

Class: Dark Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+8)
- Endurance 10 (+2)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5)
- Wisdom 10 (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5)
Skills:
Dark Glove - Magic Glove lvl 3 - Passive - Adds additional effects to Magic Glove. All Dark spells deal 10% more damage. Can touch and hold cursed items with no penalty however using them will cause the curse to activate. Treated as a Dark Magic amplifier. - The Dark Power shall conquer all!
Spoiler:
Sword of Death - None, any dark magic amplifier - At Will - Sacrifice as much of your HP as you wish. Your next attack will deal that much more damage in Dark Magic. - My pain shall be yours!
Spoiler:
Dark Power - None - Passive - Your element is now Darkness. - I have averted from the path of light...
Spoiler:
Dark Blast - 15 WIS, any dark magic amplifier - Twice per Encounter - Deal damage to everything around you and knock them away. Deals 2x WIS in Dark Damage and causes Knock Down. - Begone!!!
Spoiler:
Dark Blood - none - At Will - If the player wishes to do so, he can gain Additional Dark HP and Dark Usage of skills. The amount of usage and Dark HP is infinite and can be used as long as he wishes so. However whenever using this ability, the player receives "Dark Affinity Points". Each 20 Dark HP counts as 1 point, each encounter skill is 2 points, each daily skill is 4 points. - He he he.... you thought this is the end?...he he he....not it's not.... he he he... why can't I stop laughing?
Spoiler:

Class: Demon Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+8) (+25)
- Endurance 10 (+2) (+5)
- Wisdom 10 (+5) (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+5)
Skills:
Demon Arm - Dark Glove lvl 3 - Passive - Replaces the Dark Glove with a permanent Demonic Arm. It cannot be taken off, but keeps the bonuses from Magic and Dark Glove. Dark spell damage increases by 20% and adds 10 STR. When grabbing something with the Demon Arm, your STR value is x2 for the hold check. - Wanna arm wrestle?
Spoiler:
Death Slam - 30 STR - At Will - If you are holding an enemy with the Demon Arm, you can slam him to the ground to deal 3x your STR value in damage. Causes Knock Down. - Gotcha! *SLAM*
Spoiler:
Demon Blood - Dark Blood lvl 3 - Passive - Resists all Darkness commands up to +10 affinity points. - I am not that easy to command.
Spoiler:
Demonic Radiance - Dark Power lvl 3 - Once per Day - Allows you to enchant permanently an item with dark power. The GM can decide how the item changes and what curse is added. - I shall create myself a new weapon.
Spoiler:
Demon Affinity - Dark Power lvl 3, Dark Blood lvl 3 - Passive - Demons and Dark creatures are not automatically hostile towards you. Instead they are rather displeased with you. - I have slowly become one of them...
Spoiler:

Class: Chaos Knight
Stats:
- Strength 10 (+8) (+10)
- Endurance 10 (+2) (+5)
- Wisdom 10 (+5) (+20)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+5)
Skills:
Chaos Glove - Dark Glove lvl 3 - Passive - This glove counts as a Chaos Magic amplifier. All spell damage increases by 10% and adds +10 WIS. When wasting an action on focusing on the glove, all enemies lose 1 movement action. - I am the one that bends time and space!
Spoiler:
Chaotic Presence - Dark Power lvl 3 - Passive - Fully cancels the skill "Dark Power" and its props. Grants you "Unknown Presence" and +20% damage from Magic Spells. - I am everything, yet nothing at the same time!
Spoiler:
Chaos Void - 35 WIS, Dark Blast lvl 3, any Chaos Magic Amplifier - Once per Day - Throws an enemy into a void of chaos for 3 turns. While in that void, he receives random effects with each having a 10% chance of occurring. Every turn a dice is rolled to determine the effect (1~10 50% Max HP damage, 11~20 50% Max HP healing, 21~30 Grants Death Sickness, 6 turns of Paralyze, Burn, Poison and 6 turns of Confusion, 31~40 Full Status heal and Status Guard for 3 turns, 41~50 All stats -50% till end of battle, 51~60 All stats +50% till end of battle, 61~70 Takes down all HP to 1 and throws out of the void, 71~80 Grants 200% Max HP fully healed and throws out of the void, 81~90 Grants 3 turns of invincibility, 91~100 Disables all attack actions for 3 turns) - And the wheel of fate spins yet again!
Spoiler:
Reality Manipulation - 35 WIS, any Chaos Magic Amplifier - Twice per encounter - Allows you to switch positions between two targets of any kind (character, enemy, player, obstacle, etc.) on the battlefield. - This goes here, that goes there and this one through the window!
Spoiler:
Worlds Collide - 35 WIS, Dark Blast lvl 3, Dark Power lvl 3, any Chaos Magic Amplifier - Once per Day - Deals 10x WIS in magic damage to all enemies on the battlefield and grants a barrier to all allies for 10x WIS that absorbs all damage but has no END nor MDEF. This attack can be used even during enemy phase. - (info)
Spoiler:

Last edited by ThomasWindar on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:13 am

I think I want Demon Knight now. And I think I also soiled myself with the badassery.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:19 pm

I really lacked time lately with all the stuff going around.... Anyways, I finally finished this one, and personally so far this is my favorite class. Comments, Reviews perhaps?

Rune Edge -> Soul Edge (More debuffs) OR Space Edge (Warp magic)
Soul Edge -> Kingdom Edge (Summon and Unity skills) OR Ancient Edge (Rune skills)
Space Edge -> Chaos Divider (Improved Warp magic) OR Soul Divider (Improved debuffs)

Class: Rune Edge
Stats:
- Strength 8
- Endurance 8
- Magic Defense 10
- Wisdom 16
- Vitality 8
Skills:
Rune Force - 10 WIS - At Will - Recharge 1 of your runes. - Ready in a moment.
Spoiler:
Weaken - 10 WIS - Twice per encounter - Decreases enemy damage by 10% for 3 turns. - What's the matter? That didn't hurt at all!
Spoiler:
Barrier Breaker - 10 WIS - At Will - Deals your weapon damage. If the enemy has a magic barrier on him/her, destroys the barrier and deals twice the weapon damage. - You think that wall wil save you?
Spoiler:
Dispell - 10 WIS - Twice per encounter - Remove 1 enemy buff of your choice. - Your magic will not aid you.
Spoiler:
Magic Seal - 15 WIS - Once per encounter - For 2 turns, targeted enemy cannot use any magic spells. - I sealed away your power!
Spoiler:

Class: Soul Edge
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5)
- Endurance 8 (+3)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3)
- Wisdom 16 (+9)
- Vitality 8 (+5)
Skills:
Spell Breaker - Magic Seal lvl 3, Barrier Breaker lvl 3, 15 WIS - Passive - Whenever attacking with your weapon, there is a 10% chance the enemy will lose one of his buffs. Magical enemies also take 10% more damage. - My weapon shall strip you of your magic!
Spoiler:
Cursed Mind - Magic Seal lvl 3, 20 WIS - Once per encounter - Decreases enemy WIS by 20 for 3 turns. - And suddenly you look dumber...no wait, there is no change actually.
Spoiler:
Poison - 20 WIS - Twice per encounter - Casts poison on a target. - You are feeling weaker and weaker.
Spoiler:
Cursed Body - 20 WIS, Weaken lvl 3 - Once per Encounter - Decrease enemy END by 20 for 3 turns.- Now you are as though as a jelly.
Spoiler:
Cursed Stamina - 20 WIS, Weaken lvl 3 - Once per Encounter - -2 to enemy HP modifier for 3 turns. - Health problems, eh?
Spoiler:

Class: Kingdom Edge
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5) (+14)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+12)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3) (+4)
- Wisdom 16 (+9) (+6)
- Vitality 8 (+5) (+14)
Skills:
Rune Blaster - 25 STR, 20 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Draw a runic circle in the air and attack through it to deliver your weapon damage + WIS modifier x2 and additionally choose one rune of yours that will activate its effect immediately. - This is the ancient runic magic!
Spoiler:
Enhanced Stamina - None - Passive - HP Multiplier for Vitality is x12 instead of x10 - A true warrior will not die from a mere scratch!
Spoiler:
Unity of Spirit - None - Passive - While everyone in the party has over 90% max HP, all damage dealt is increased by 25%. If at least one party member drops below 90%, all players lose this boost until HP returns above the required value. - For our Kingdom, we shall fight!
Spoiler:
Kingdom Force - 25 STR, 25 WIS, Spell Breaker lvl 3 - Once per Day - An attack that unleashes huge force on the enemy. Deals x5 weapon damage + STR and WIS in damage. If you serve for a specific kingdom, you are also supported by its Guardian Deity. The Guardian Deity attacks differ between kingdoms. - I am but a humble servant of a powerful country!
Spoiler:
Curse Breaker - None - Twice per Encounter - Removes all negative effects and statuses from target. - I release you from your curse!
Spoiler:

Class: Ancient Edge
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5) (+6)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+6)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3) (+10)
- Wisdom 16 (+9) (+22)
- Vitality 8 (+5) (+6)
Skills:
Rune Creation - 40 WIS - At Will - Allows you to create a rune of one of your skills for a small fee. The rune is of common class and has 1 charge. You can only create runes of "At Will" skills. Rune Creation cannot be turned into a rune. - Now this is a delicate process, so if you could just not shake the table too much now...
Spoiler:
Rune Breaker - 30 WIS, any rune - At Will - Allows you to use a Rune for x4 its power, however will destroy the rune afterwards. In case of Passive runes, their effect will last for the turn they were broken in. - This is a sacrifice I must take!
Spoiler:
Ancient Guardian - 40 WIS - Once per Day - Consume 5 rune charges and any amount additionally of any of your runes for no effect to summon an Ancient Guardian from beyond time and space. The Guardian will stay for 1 turn + the number of rune charges you consumed extra for the spell. Each turn the Guardian will attack with one of his 6 attacks at random. After the turns end, the Guardian will vanish. The user cannot move nor act while this spell is in effect, however he can be attacked, but that won't interrupt the spell. - I shall summon a creature from beyond your worst nightmares.... SERVE ME!!!
Spoiler:
Runic Absorption - 40 WIS - At Will - This effect can be activated and deactivated at will by wasting one action. If you have any rune charges used up, all magic spells, yours, enemies or allies will be absorbed as Rune Charges. This effect does not work if all your runes are charged. - I can feel your energy flowing through my runes.
Spoiler:
Rune Impact - 30 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Use 3 runes at once during one action. - A technique from the ancient times!
Spoiler:

Class: Space Edge
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5)
- Endurance 8 (+3)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3)
- Wisdom 16 (+9)
- Vitality 8 (+5)
Skills:
Space Warp - 20 WIS - At Will - Places a target ally up to 3 spaces from his current position. Can be used on oneself. - Teleport!..... wait a minute, your hand is still here...
Spoiler:
Slow - 20 WIS, Weaken lvl 3 - Once per encounter - Decreases enemy movement actions by -2 (can reduce to 0) for 3 turns. - Woah there, slow down!
Spoiler:
Pocket Dimension - None - At Will - Allows you to store up to 3 items into a private dimension. Storing or taking out the items takes 1 action (counts as drawing from a sheath). While in the other dimension the items do not grant any effects but also do not count against your weight limit. Upon the users death, the stored items will appear near him. - Oh but I DO have a weapon with me.
Spoiler:
Zone Shift - 20 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to make an ethereal creature material and vice versa for 1 turn. - So, you ghostly bastards think you are safe, eh?
Spoiler:
Distance Skip - 20 WIS - At Will - Allows you to create a portal through which a weapon can be thrusted. The weapon will appear through another portal within up to 2 panels away. This skill is linked to an attack, counting as a free action. The weapon will always appear in a straight line from the thrust. - My sword is actually a ranged weapon!
Spoiler:

Class: Chaos Divider
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5) (+12)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+8)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3) (+5)
- Wisdom 16 (+9) (+17)
- Vitality 8 (+5) (+8)
Skills:
Plane Cutter - 40 WIS, Distance Skip lvl 3, Zone Shift lvl 3, Space Warp lvl 3, Pocket Dimension lvl 3 - At Will (10 turns daily) - Allows you to detach one line on the battlefield from reality for as long as you want or until you use up all your turns of time. While detached, nothing can pass through, including sound and image. Stepping into the space will transport you to the nearest location attached to it. (If line 2 is cut, Line 1 and 3 are now connected). The detachment can be canceled at will. - We won't need these soldiers here for a while.
Spoiler:
Hyper Gravity - 40 WIS, Slow lvl 3 - Twice per encounter - Increases the weight of all items on a target by x5 for 1 turn. Also all flying targets will immediately crash to the ground for x5 the falling damage. - Wow that blanket is heavy. Seriously, check it yourself.
Spoiler:
Reverse World - 40 WIS, Zone Shift lvl 3 - At Will - By wasting a full turn, you can make everything on the battlefield work in a reverse way. This stays in effect until you use 1 turn again to turn it off. While in Reverse World, the user takes 10% Max HP damage per turn. - Logic is backwards here.
Spoiler:
Life Keep - 40 WIS, Pocket Dimension lvl 3 - At Will - Choose as much HP as you wish and store it in a private dimension (does not count as an item). Whenever during combat you wish so, you can reclaim that HP at will (even when your HP drops to 0, however it has to refill more than the damage that was dealt and remaining when killing you). The HP stored in there will vanish within 1 day. Storing HP again there will cancel the first amount making it disappear into nothingness. - Hm.... I might need some life later I guess.
Spoiler:
Danger Zone - 40 WIS, Pocket Dimension lvl 3, Zone Shift lvl 3 - At Will - Allows you to store attacks by capturing them into a special dimension. You cannot store more damage than your Max HP and cannot capture non-damaging attacks. The attacks captured can be released at will. You can only capture or only release attacks during a battle. (It's impossible to capture and release attacks during the same battle) The damage is returned as a beam of sheer energy. - Nice attack! I'll borrow it, thank you.
Spoiler:

Class: Soul Divider
Stats:
- Strength 8 (+5) (+8)
- Endurance 8 (+3) (+8)
- Magic Defense 10 (+3) (+5)
- Wisdom 16 (+9) (+21)
- Vitality 8 (+5) (+8)
Skills:
Exhaustion - None - Passive - Every enemy that uses a skill has to waste another charge of that skill for no effect. If he cannot do that, he needs to waste a use from one of his other skills. - Yeah, people keep telling me I am tiresome, he he.
Spoiler:
Forced Action - 40 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Choose one of the opponents skills or possible actions to perform. The enemy has to perform that action (but he chooses on whom he uses it and when during his turn). - Hey you! Do that again!
Spoiler:
Drain - 40 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Absorb 3x your WIS of HP directly from your opponent and add it to yours. - Your life will serve me better!
Spoiler:
Health Ruin - 30 WIS - Twice per encounter - Casts Bleeding on the target for 3 turns. - You gotta switch to a more healthy diet really.
Spoiler:
Soul Rend - 45 WIS - Once per Day - Enemy MDEF is now a negative value of its original one for 6 turns. - I shall crush your soul.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Chaos & Soul Divider are so OPed. In two different ways, they make good buddies though. <v<
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:32 pm

I can't believe it is almost done! Archer ST is here, bringing in a whole new level of stats and parameters. Now just Linker and I can start revising the STs. Do not worry, everyone will receive a revised ST. If anything changes, it is mostly likely either just one skill, or their damage factors will go up or down. No major changes, so expect the final class to look as the prototype STs.

Archer -> Crossbowman (Melee skills) OR Sniper (Better ranged skills)
Crossbowman -> Arcusis (Focused on ranged with melee) OR Ensus (Focused on melee with range)
Sniper -> Hunter (Focused on AoE and nature magic) OR Doomeye (Greater damage and Dark Attacks)

Class: Archer
Stats:
- Strength 14
- Endurance 6
- Magic Defense 6
- Wisdom 12
- Vitality 12
Skills:
Aimed Shot - 10 WIS, any ranged weapon - At Will - Sacrifices 1 action to increase hit rate by 30% for the next attack. - Now just hold still...
Spoiler:
Mighty Arm - 10 STR - Passive - ER of all ranged weapons increases by 1. - Puuuuuuulllll *snap*....@#$&*!!
Spoiler:
Trap Sense - 10 WIS, 10 VIT - Passive - If right about to activate a trap, gives a danger sense. - I think that is a bad idea...
Spoiler:
Enhanced Quiver - 10 STR - Passive - Increases the number of arrows/bolts in a quiver by 50%. - Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!.....DANG!
Spoiler:
Scatter Shot - 10 STR, 10 WIS, any ranged weapon - At Will - Shoot 5 arrows at once to deal 50% your weapon damage to the closest enemy line in your ER. - I don't have time to waste on shooting you down one by one!
Spoiler:

Class: Crossbowman
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+10)
- Endurance 6 (+3)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2)
- Wisdom 12 (+2)
- Vitality 12 (+8)
Skills:
Impact Shot - Aimed Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Fire a high-power bolt that will deal your weapon damage and push back the enemy 2 lines and knock him down. This attack can be used in melee range. - Get lost!
Spoiler:
Crossbow Mastery - Mighty Arm lvl 3 - Passive - Allows you to wield a crossbow with one hand for no penalty. - I am an EXPERT, you remember that newbie!
Spoiler:
Crossbow Rush - 20 STR, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Slam into the enemy with your elbow, crush the crossbow hilt into the enemy face and duck to shoot the enemy from below. This is considered a melee attack and deals your STR + Weapon damage and launches the enemy into the air (1V). - A crossbow is deadly in close range too!
Spoiler:
Upkeep - 20 STR, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Shoot an enemy in the air from below in a straight line, to launch him up (+1V if the enemy is in the air) and deal your weapon damage. - Shoot! And stay up!
Spoiler:
Rapid Shot - 20 STR, 10 WIS, Scatter Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Consume any number of bolts between 2 and 10. This attack deals your weapon damage x the number of successful hits (each hit's damage is reduced by enemy END). The accuracy of this attack is reduced by 50%. - Ambush! Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew!
Spoiler:

Class: Arcusis
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+10) (+35)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+3)
- Wisdom 12 (+2) (+5)
- Vitality 12 (+8) (+5)
Skills:
Back Crush - 50 STR, Crossbow Rush lvl 3, Crossbow Mastery lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Jumps at the enemy, grabs his head with own feet and flips forward, bending him back, afterwards shooting him in the back with the crossbow from below. This attack deals 3x STR + Weapon damage and launches into the air (V3). - *crack* Oops, sorry was that your spine?
Spoiler:
Sonic Break - 50 STR, Rapid Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Shoots a bolt with such power and speed that it breaks the sonic barrier. The sonic wave pierces all enemies on the line of the bolt and delivers 4x Weapon Damage. Attacks 1 enemy on each line of the ER of the crossbow. - Not even sound can keep up with my shots!
Spoiler:
Piercing Shot - 50 STR, Impact Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Shoots a bolt that pierces through enemy armor. Deals weapon damage and decreases enemy armor END by 20 till repaired. This effect stacks. - Your armor is full of holes man...
Spoiler:
Flip Shot - 50 STR, Crossbow Mastery lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - If an enemy tries attacking you from the front with a melee attack, jump high into the air and while making a back-flip, shoot at him. This attack sends you one line back, evades enemy attack and deals your weapon damage to the enemy. - Missed me! Missed me!
Spoiler:
Hyper Blast - 50 STR, Impact Shot lvl 3, Rapid Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Once per Day - Focus all power into one shot to cause a powerful explosion on a targeted line within ER that hits the full line and both lines attached to it. This attack deals 7x Weapon damage and Knocks Down. - Aim......*BLAST*
Spoiler:

Class: Ensus
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+10) (+23)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+10)
- Wisdom 12 (+2) (+5)
- Vitality 12 (+8) (+10)
Skills:
Crossbow Assault - 40 STR, Crossbow Rush lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Rush the enemy with a series of kicks and slams from the crossbow, ending with a launching shot that sends the enemy flying. This attack deals 3x STR + 2x Weapon Damage and launches (2V). - Out of bolts? Ah well, I'll do it the usual way I guess.
Spoiler:
Bolt Stab - 40 STR, Crossbow Mastery lvl 3 - At Will - Allows you to stab the enemy with a bolt by your hand, dealing 25% weapon damage + your STR. 20% chance for bleeding. - Your weapon broke? What will you do no-*STAB*
Spoiler:
Smash Shot - 40 STR, Crossbow Mastery lvl 3, Impact Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Smash the crossbow into the enemy and shoot an exploding bolt. This attack deals 2x STR + 3x Weapon damage and knocks down the target, pushing him back one line. This attack cannot be blocked. - I said, GET LOST!
Spoiler:
Side Blaster - 40 STR, Impact Shot lvl 3, any crossbow - Twice per Encounter - Shoot a bolt in your ER on a desired line that will explode sideways. The whole line will receive 5x weapon damage from the blast and all targets on it will be pushed 2 lines forward towards you. All enemies are knocked down. - Why so shy? Come closer!
Spoiler:
Phantom Rush - 40 STR, Impact Shot lvl 3, Crossbow Mastery lvl 3, Crossbow Rush lvl3, any crossbow - Once per Day - Deliver a devastating combo consisting of kicks, crossbow smashes and shots, ending with a powerful energy blast at the end. This attack deals 15x weapon damage + 5x STR and pushes back the enemy 7 lines. - On second thought, enough dancing around. NOW DIE!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Sniper
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+8)
- Endurance 6 (+2)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2)
- Wisdom 12 (+10)
- Vitality 12 (+3)
Skills:
Keen Eye - 20 WIS - Passive - Increases Hit Rate of all attacks beyond ER by 20%. - I see you!
Spoiler:
Enchanted Arrows - 20 WIS, any bow - Once before Battle - Before battle starts, allows to pick whether or not you want your arrows to be enchanted with fire. Fire adds 10% burn chance and +10% damage from fire. - And you said I can't take down a ship with my bow, ha!
Spoiler:
Critical Shot - 20 WIS, 20 STR, Aimed Shot lvl 3, any bow - At Will - Allows you to aim carefully your next attack. Each action you spend aiming increases your Critical Rate by 10%, starting from 0. You can only use a normal weapon attack for this skill. - Hold steady.... don't move.... don't hide behind that wall!
Spoiler:
Bow Mastery - Mighty Arm lvl 3 - Passive - ER of all bow weapons increases by 3. - This is the skill of a real master!
Spoiler:
Net Arrow - 20 WIS, any bow, any net - At Will - Allows you to shoot an arrow that will trap an opponent in a net. This attack consumes a net item additionally and cannot be used without one. - Don't move.... GOTCHA!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Hunter
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+8) (+10)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+4)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2) (+4)
- Wisdom 12 (+10) (+26)
- Vitality 12 (+3) (+6)
Skills:
Natural Rope - 40 WIS, Enchanted Arrows lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to use plants to entangle enemy feet, disabling his movement actions for 3 turns. The entanglement has your WIS in HP and only reacts to slashing and fire damage. This skill can also be used to create ropes in the terrain. - You are not going anywhere!
Spoiler:
Arrow Rain - 40 WIS, Keen Eye lvl 3, Bow Mastery lvl3, any bow - Twice per Encounter - Choose a line in your weapons ER. For each 10 arrows consumed for this attack, that line and the lines attached to it will receive 3x Weapon Damage per turn. - The arrows of my archers shall blot out the sun!
Spoiler:
Hawk Shot - 40 WIS, Keen Eye lvl 3, any bow - Once per Encounter - Shoot an arrow into the sky that will transform into a Phantom Hawk and slam with huge force at a targeted enemy in your ER. This attack deals 7x weapon damage and cannot miss. - A shot as accurate as the eyes of a Hawk!
Spoiler:
Phoenix Shot - 40 WIS, Keen Eye lvl3, Bow Mastery lvl 3, Critical Shot lvl3, any bow - Once per Day - Shoots an arrows forward that transforms into a phoenix that raids through all lines of the battlefield. This attack deals 7x weapon damage + 2x WIS damage in fire, has 30% chance to cause burn and leaves a fiery trail that for 3 turns damage all enemies for your WIS in damage and grants a 10% chance to cause burn. - The power of the flaming phoenix.
Spoiler:
Nature Tamer - 40 WIS - Passive - All animals treat you like an object of the environment. - Ouch! How come you are not bitten by these mosquitoes?
Spoiler:

Class: Doomeye
Stats:
- Strength 14 (+8) (+26)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+4)
- Magic Defense 6 (+2) (+4)
- Wisdom 12 (+10) (+10)
- Vitality 12 (+3) (+6)
Skills:
Doom Shot - 30 WIS, 45 STR, Enchanted Arrows lvl 3, Critical Shot lvl 3, any bow - Once per Day - Shoots a projectile that has a 10% chance of instantly killing an opponent. With each action spent on aiming, the rate increases by 10%. For Boss enemies, the rate cannot go beyond 50%. - I only need one shot for this.
Spoiler:
Evil Gaze - 30 WIS, Keen Eye lvl 3 - Once per Encounter - Look into enemy eyes to paralyze him for 1 turn. - Your fear will hold you in place.
Spoiler:
Magic Target - 30 WIS, Keen Eye lvl 3, any bow - Twice per Encounter - Shoot a magical arrow at a target. For 3 turns, that target is going to attract and pull all projectiles up to 5 lines away from it to itself. - It is impossible to miss that stone, trust me.
Spoiler:
Hell Raider - 45 STR, 30 WIS, Enchanted Arrows lvl 3, Critical Shot lvl 3, any bow - Once per Day - Shoot an arrow filled with destructive energy at a desired line in your ER. A vortex of energy will be created on that line and its attaching lines, that will pull everything 6 lines away from the center inside. The vortex stays for 3 turns and each turn deals 10x Weapon damage + 5x your WIS modifier to everything inside it. - This is the end, now go to hell!
Spoiler:
Demon Attack - 45 STR, 30 WIS, Enchanted Arrows lvl 3, any bow - Once per Encounter - Summons several demons with bows that shoot an enemy line with you. This attack consumes all of your arrows and for every 10 arrows used up, deals your weapon damage to all enemies on the line. - Let's unleash all hell on them!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 pm

Ladies and gentleman! It is here! IT'S HERE, It's HERE, IT'S HERE!!!!

Ahem, finally, introducing the last, and most OPed class of the game. The Linker! And with this, the classes are now complete, with the exception of the secret class, Engineer, but that one cannot appear now. Ahem, we are ready to start!!!

Linker -> Alpha (Increased Combat abilities of Extera) OR Fusionist (Increased breeding abilities of Extera)
Alpha -> Omega (Further Enhances Extera abilities) OR Zeta (Fights alongside his Extera with chained specials)
Fusionist -> Overtaker (Increased abilities when fused) OR Angel (Additional Extera Breeding skills)

Class: Linker
Stats:
- Strength 5
- Endurance 5
- Magic Defense 10
- Wisdom 20
- Vitality 10
Skills:
Incubation - None - Passive - Allows the user to perform an additional daily feeding to the Extera egg per day. - There, there now. Grow big and strong!
Spoiler:
Recharge - 20 WIS - At Will - Restore 50 MP of the Extera. - Chaaaaaaarging!
Spoiler:
Soul Aura - None - Passive - MP recharge rate of your Extera increases by 5%. - Together, we feel at peace...
Spoiler:
Sigma Collider - 20 WIS, only during fusion - At Will - Creates 3 runic seals that allows the user to blast the enemy with sheer mana. This attack deals your WIS in damage + as much mana as you sacrifice from your Extera. This attack counts against enemy END. - This is just an upgraded magic missile at close range.... seriously.
Spoiler:
Enhanced Fusion - None - At Will - Allows you to fuse with your Extera or summon him during battle. - Fuse! Summon! Fuse! Summon! Fu-*SMACK*
Spoiler:

Class: Alpha
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+3)
- Endurance 5 (+3)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5)
- Wisdom 20 (+9)
- Vitality 10 (+5)
Skills:
Sigma Collider Version 2.1 - Sigma Collider lvl 3, only in fusion - At Will - Enhances Sigma Collider. Deals 2x the damage per Mana Point. - I have upgraded this, by adding an additional force seal.
Spoiler:
Cheer - None - At Will - Allows you to cheer on your Extera increasing its damage by 20%. - Go! Go! Go!
Spoiler:
Commander - 25 WIS, Soul Aura lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Command your Extera to perform one of his spells. That spell will be 100% more effective. - Just toss that darn fireball!
Spoiler:
Mana Shield - 25 WIS, Recharge lvl 3 - At Will - By wasting an action, allows you to activate/deactivate a shield of mana around you. All damage instead of taking away your HP will take away your Extera MP. While the shield is active, your Extera does not recharge MP by himself. If you receive more damage than your Extera has MP, the remaining damage will drain your HP and deactivate your shield. - Mwa ha ha ha! Invincibility!.... why do you look so drained? Oh sh...
Spoiler:
Energy Saver - None - Passive - Extera under your command have +100MP - Do it again! And again! And again!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Omega
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+3) (+5)
- Endurance 5 (+3) (+5)
- Wisdom 20 (+9) (+20)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Sigma Collider Version 3.1 - Sigma Collider Version 2.1 lvl 3, only in fusion - At Will - Enhances Sigma Collider. Ignores 25% enemy END. - Further enhancement of the Sigma Collider proves to be effective.
Spoiler:
Guardian - 45 WIS, Commander lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Order your Extera to block an enemy attack. (Remaining mana is added to your END, but not depleted) - Guard me!
Spoiler:
Extera Activity - Energy Saver lvl 3 - Passive - Grants +1 Action for the Extera. - One, two, one, two! Move it! Move it!
Spoiler:
Soul Link - none - At Will - Faint and grant your Extera 2x MP regen, +2 actions and a +50% damage bonus. Grants you full control of your Extera and his skills until you wake up. You can wake up at any time during your turn, but not in the same turn you faint. For each Moral- of your Extera, there is a 10% chance he will stop the link. If this happens, the Extera acts at the GMs command, and you cannot wake up for 3 turns. - We are one now....
Spoiler:
True Friend - Full Moral+ of the Extera - Passive - If you die in battle or some other event, the Extera will KO itself and all its Mana will restore your HP. The Extera will wake up after the current encounter ends. - No... I will not let you die yet!
Spoiler:

Class: Zeta
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+3) (+20)
- Endurance 5 (+3) (+10)
- Magic Defense 10 (+5) (+5)
- Wisdom 20 (+9) (+5)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Sigma Collider Version 3.2 - Sigma Collider Version 2.1 lvl 3 - At Will - Enhances Sigma Collider. Allows the user to use Sigma Collider while not in fusion. - Additional adjustments to the Sigma Collider were successful.
Spoiler:
Unison Strike - 25 STR, 25 WIS, Commander lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Attack together with your Extera combining one of his skills and one of your skills or weapon attacks. Your attacks both do 50% more damage. This does not cost your Extera any actions. - Let's go my friend!
Spoiler:
Extera Slam - 25 STR, 25 WIS - Twice per encounter - Slam an opponent towards your Extera and have him slam the opponent back at you like a tennis ball. Each time after these two hits you rebounce the enemy, flip a coin. If heads, the attack continues. If tails, the attack stops. This attacks deals 2x your Weapon Damage + your weapon damage for each heads you get. - Such a casual battle today, isn't it my friend?
Spoiler:
Empowered Summon - 30 WIS, Energy Save lvl 3 - Once per Day - Aid your Extera in summoning his Ultimate Move to cast it at once and saving 50% Mana of your Extera. Your Extera still needs to have 100% Mana to cast his Ultimate Move. - Dang it man! You had to make such a complicated chant for this?
Spoiler:
Beast Force - 30 WIS, Commander lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Can use one of the Extera skills by yourself without consuming an action or MP from your Extera. - I can do this too!
Spoiler:

Class: Fusionist
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+2)
- Magic Defense 10 (+2)
- Wisdom 20 (+14)
- Vitality 10 (+5)
Skills:
Love Bird - 30 WIS, Incubation lvl 3 - Passive - Allows you to speak convincingly to your Extera about the quality of a specific partner. (Your Extera will consider your choice as a possibility then) - She's not only strong and wise, but even cute, and I am sure you'd like her!
Spoiler:
Enhanced Incubation - 30 WIS, Incubation lvl 3 - Passive - Allows 1 more daily feeding and increases the maximum number of feedings by 1. - Come on, just eat one more for mommy!
Spoiler:
Move Tutor - 30 WIS - Passive - Increases the rate at which Extera learn new skills by 1. - No no, you put your hands like this, your legs like this, wings like this and, uh.... the tentacles should be kept around here.
Spoiler:
Enhanced Synchronization - 30 WIS, Enhanced Fusion lvl 3 - Passive - During Fusion, increases STR, END and VIT by 10 and doubles the bonus from Extera Fusion Ability. - I feel.... changed.
Spoiler:
Sigma Collider Version 2.2 - Sigma Collider lvl 3, only in fusion - At Will - Enhances Sigma Collider. Deals 2x the damage per Mana Point. Attacks with the element of your Extera with 10% chance of additional effects from the element. - I have upgraded this, by adding an additional force seal. Let us test it!
Spoiler:

Class: Overtaker
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+2) (+10)
- Endurance 5 (+2) (+10)
- Magic Defense 10 (+2) (+10)
- Wisdom 20 (+14) (+10)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Sigma Collider Version 3.2 - Sigma Collider Version 2.2 lvl 3, only in fusion - At Will - Enhances Sigma Collider. +2 damage per mana point. - Further enhancement of the Sigma Collider was more effective than its previous version.
Spoiler:
Body Fusion - Enhanced Synchronization lvl 3 - Passive - Fusing with your Extera grants your weapon attacks his element, and now you absorb his element's damage as 50% HP. - The changes... are far more advanced than I thought.
Spoiler:
Forced Action - Move Tutor lvl 3 - At Will - At the cost of Moral-3, allows you to order your Extera to perform any non-suicidal task you command. However your Extera will ignore your next 3 commands afterwards - You will do what I say now!
Spoiler:
Energy Absorption - 40 WIS - Once per Encounter - Allows you to consume as much MP from your Extera as you wish and add it to your HP. Cannot exceed your Max HP this way. - I need some of your energy now.
Spoiler:
Sparkling Discharge - 40 WIS, Enhanced Synchronization lvl 3, Move Tutor lvl 3 - Once per Day - Consume all MP from your Extera and KO him till the end of the battle. This will create an energy spark that can move up to 3 lines per turn and will deal as much damage directly to enemy HP as much mana you consumed for this attack. If not all mana is taken away to kill an enemy, the spark will move towards another enemy until it loses all energy. Attempting to destroy thge projectile with skills targeting projectiles will diminish its Mana instead of destroying the spark immediately. - This is the end for you guys. SPARKLING DISCHARGE!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Angel
Stats:
- Strength 5 (+2) (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+2) (+2)
- Magic Defense 10 (+2) (+2)
- Wisdom 20 (+14) (+39)
- Vitality 10 (+5) (+5)
Skills:
Loving Care - 60 WIS, Enhanced Incubation lvl 3 - Passive - Can perform 2 more additional feedings per day, and the maximum limit of feedings increases by 5. - Oh, my baby! I can't wait to see you hatched!
Spoiler:
Full Charge - 60 WIS - Once per Encounter - Replenishes 100% MP of your Extera - Oh I bet you are not done yet!
Spoiler:
Heavenly Fame - Enhanced Incubation lvl 3, Move Tutor lvl 3, Love Bird lvl 3 - Passive - All Extera have heard of you as a great Linker, thus obtaining eggs is easier. - Oh? Yes, that is me of course.
Spoiler:
Memory Clear - 60 WIS, Enhanced Incubation lvl 3 - At Will (once per day for the same egg) - Allows you to erase 1 feeding of your choice from an Egg. - Huh? You said you just gave it "something" to eat? YOU IDIOT!!!
Spoiler:
Angel's Blessing - 60 WIS - Once per Day - Grants a 20% chance to fill an item with supreme elemental energy, making it grant 1 level better feeding than it should. - Oh holy light, please aid me in satisfying the hunger of my friends!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Alright, so we need a more dynamic combat system. This also means I need to revamp a lot of the skills since I made them to be used with the line system.....

Anyway, this time we will use the row system. Technically speaking it is a modification of the Rockman EXE combat system in a turn-based way.

Basically there are always at least 2 or more parties fighting. Each party has a:
- Front Row
- Middle Row
- Back Row

To attack in melee you need to be on the Front Row, and you can only attack the enemy Front Row. To attack the Middle Row you either need a special skill, or a distance weapon. HOWEVER if you destroy the enemy Front Row fighters/obstacles, you can STEP INTO THAT ENEMY ROW. This means that a melee fighter can use a Movement Action to enter the enemy free row and from it attack the middle row.

Similar things happen when you attack in melee the Back Row.You need to clear the Middle Row and enter it.

Ranged attacks can hit from any row. They cannot however attack if the row next to them is occupied by the enemy. So an Archer in the Front Row cannot attack at all if the enemy Front Row has an enemy. They will just interrupt your attacks. So an Archer has to attack from the back.

Magic can attack anywhere on the battlefield, no restrictions. It however has a longer cast time (all attack actions and Special Skills take 1 action, while magic 2+, varying between skills and spells). Additionally Each opponent on the row next to the caster increases the Cast Time by 1 more action, since they interrupt the caster's focusing.

So.... we still have 2 actions, Guarding and Attacking did not change much. At battle start you will receive from me how the enemy and your row is set. You practically can just attack. 2 actions each.

....hm, for our Magician. I am going to revamp the STs, but so it is clear, your Spells take 2 Actions each to cast, so we have it cleared.

Alright, sorry for the confusion guys, but the line system seemed good on paper for me, yet it failed. We will now try this row system and see if battles are more dynamic. You can attack and roleplay normally, just state in TECH if anything happens game-specific.

.........also one thing. Attack animations. I am still working on them but for now, so it is not just "I use this skill" I give you a free hand in how you use the skill. You can describe it anyway you "feel" it would be used, as it might help me in the skill descriptions. To further encourage this, anyone who describes his skill in detail will receive a 10% damage boost from it. And if you nail the description perfectly for me, I will grant that one time a 50% damage boost and from that time your skill if used like that way, will have 20% added damage.

Are we cool? Cool. Then I'm going to push the plot now, sorry for the hold up again.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Well, as annoying the lack of internet was I managed to do some work.

1) I have finished The drawing of a Magic Knight. You can see him on my dA account and I must say I personally like him. In his right hand is the Gladium, a Sword-Shield weapon.

2) I have finally prepared stealing rules. You can now STEAL to your hearts content. Just tell me via PM what you wish to steal from whom and I shall send you your % chance. That chance is based on many factors, and if there are some I didn't prepare yet, I shall add them. Feel free to test the limits of what you can snatch.

3) I have prepared the scenario for your first mission and we can go full-power. I shall do so after catching up to my online gaming which I NEED right now.

4) I have revamped the Thief ST. Many Thief classes have been revamped, especially the SPace Keeper who is now the Shadow Master and has more Thief-like skills. Enjoy the new ST:

Thief -> Assassin (Better 1vs1 skills) OR Trickster (Adds Traps to arsenal)
Assassin -> Ninja (Better stealing skills) OR Death Bringer (Increased 1vs1 ability)
Trickster -> Trap Master (Adds Traps to arsenal + Increased number of Traps) OR Shadow Master (Enhanced stealing skills and shadow magic)

Class: Thief
Stats:
- Strength 17
- Endurance 6
- Magic Defense 4
- Wisdom 13
- Vitality 10
Skills:
Backflip - None - Once per Encounter - Allows you to evade a weapon skill attack by jumping away. - Wah!.... close one!
Spoiler:
Sneak Attack - any short weapon - At Will - If the enemy doesn't see you and is not aware of you, deals 70% MAX HP damage to a small target, 40% MAX HP damage to a strong target and 20% MAX HP damage to a boss target. - Surprise buttsex!!
Spoiler:
Improved Stealing - 10 WIS - Passive - Increases your stealing chances by 10% and decreases stealing time by 1 turn. - Huh? Someone stole your watch? Well, what a coincidence! I happen to have a really nice watch that I could sell you half-price!
Spoiler:
Secret Venom - 10 WIS, any weapon - Passive - All weapons receive 5% chance to poison. - You are already dead.
Spoiler:
Trap Sense - 10 WIS, 10 VIT - Passive - If right about to activate a trap, gives a danger sense. - I think that is a bad idea...
Spoiler:

Class: Assassin
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15)
- Endurance 6 (+2)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+3)
- Vitality 10 (+2)
Skills:
Assassin Impact - 30 STR, any weapon - Passive - Adds 20% chance to add 1 more action that can be used ONLY to attack. - This will end quickly.
Spoiler:
Dual Strike - 30 STR, two weapons - Twice per encounter - Allows you to attack with each of your weapons during 1 action. (up to 2 weapons linked) - Here comes the finisher...
Spoiler:
Sidestep - 15 STR, 15 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to step to the side to evade a melee attack. You do not waste an Action to perform this. - Oops! So sorry...
Spoiler:
Throat Cutter - 30 STR, 15 WIS, any short weapon - Once per Encounter - If the enemy attacks you with a weapon attack, stop the enemy action and deal 70% MAX HP damage to a small target, 40% MAX HP damage to a strong target and 20% MAX HP damage to a boss target. This attack also causes Silence for 5 turns. - There! Next please.
Spoiler:
Killer Instinct - None - Passive - If HP drops below 20%, all damage increases by 50%. - I will take you down with me!
Spoiler:

Class: Trickster
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5)
- Endurance 6 (+3)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+12)
- Vitality 10 (+2)
Skills:
Trick - 20 WIS - Passive - All set traps are invisible. - ....now where did I put it again?
Spoiler:
Trap Mastery - Trap Sense Lvl 3 - Passive - All traps require 1 less action to be set. (none less than 1) - Why, yes indeed, it wasn't there last time!
Spoiler:
Supplies - Trap Sense lvl 3 - Passive - Adds +1 charge to each trap. - Good thing I brought an extra.
Spoiler:
Snatch - 20 STR, 20 WIS, Improved Stealing lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to steal gold in combat via a powerful blow. Deals your weapon skill in damage and steals that much Gold from the target. - I'll shake the money right outta you!
Spoiler:
Disarm - 20 WIS, 20 STR, no held weapon - Once per Encounter - Must be used before enemy attacks. If the enemy uses a weapon attack on you, will take the enemy weapon from him. - Why, thank you kind sir!
Spoiler:

Class: Ninja
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15) (+18)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+6)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+6)
- Wisdom 13 (+3) (+16)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+4)
Skills:
Shadow Dodge - 30 WIS, Sidestep lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - If hit by any attack, allows you to vanish in smoke and spawn back on a desired free row. - *Poof* You missed.
Spoiler:
Ninja Walk - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows you to walk on vertical surfaces like on normal ground. - I'm walking away~
Spoiler:
Summon Silencer - 30 WIS, Throat Cutter lvl 3, Killer Instinct lvl 3 - Once per Day - Requires 6 actions of cast time. Summons Silencer, the master of Silent Assassins to attack all enemies. This attack deals 100% Max HP damage to normal enemies, 50% MAX HP damage to strong enemies and 25% MAX HP damage to Boss enemies and permanently silences them. This attack bypasses Status Guard. - Come forth, Master of the killing arts!
Spoiler:
Weapon Rain - 40 STR, 30 WIS, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to shower the enemy field by throwing up to 10 weapons in your possession to deal their base attack damage + your STR modifier. All weapons thrown are lost. - Here comes the rain of pain!
Spoiler:
Invisible - 30 WIS, Ninja Scroll - At Will - Allows you to become half transparent, with a visible shadow to be less noticeable. Consumes one Ninja Scroll. Lasts 3 turns OR until you attack. - Now you see me, now you don't!
Spoiler:

Class: Death Bringer
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15) (+37)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+2)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+3) (+6)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+2)
Skills:
Eye of Death - 50 STR - Passive - Adds a 5% chance that your attack will deal 2x damage. - You are full of openings...
Spoiler:
Blood Smash - None - At Will - Consume 10% of your Max HP to ensure the next attack is a Critical hit. Cannot execute if HP is below 70%. - I will take you to hell with me!
Spoiler:
Doom - None - Twice per Day - Casts a spell with a 40% chance that the opponent will inevitably die in 6 turns. - You cannot escape death now...
Spoiler:
Deadly Radiance - None - Once per Encounter - For the cost of 50% Max HP, make everything with HP lower than yours die. Does not work against other players. HP limit counts before subtraction. - Look into the eyes of death!
Spoiler:
Elemental Slayer - 50 STR, 20 WIS - Once per Day - If the enemy has an Extera of one of the seven basic elements on the battlefield, disable the Extera till the end of battle and deal its combined skill damage as direct damage to the enemy HP. If the Extera is not pure-elemental, this attack only deals half the damage but still disables the Extera. - Friends only pull you down.
Spoiler:

Class: Trap Master
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5) (+10)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+6)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+6)
- Wisdom 13 (+12) (+24)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+4)
Skills:
Ultimate Trap - 45 WIS - Once per Day - Set a trap seal on the enemy. Whatever is his next action, it will set up the trap, reversing the effect. - Now you are screwed!
Spoiler:
Mind Block - 35 WIS - At Will - Choose one enemy skill and disable it. The skill will not work until you decide to disable another skill. - That move is FORBIDDEN!!
Spoiler:
Sudden Spawn - 35 WIS, Magic Body Paint - At Will - If a trap is created by you, you can draw a seal and store the trap on your body. When the seal is touched, the trap emerges from that body part and activates. (Can store 5 traps like this) Consumes 1 bottle of Magic Body Paint. - Don't you DARE touch me!
Spoiler:
Trap Affinity - Trap Mastery lvl 3, Trick lvl 3 - Passive - Enemy Traps will not trigger against you. - It's like taming Lions, only with less scratches and more poison.
Spoiler:
Resistance - 35 WIS - Passive - All spells have a 5% chance of not working on you. - You were saying?...
Spoiler:

Class: Shadow Master
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5) (+0)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+16)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+16)
- Wisdom 13 (+12) (+9)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+9)
Skills:
Magnetic Resonance- 30 WIS - Twice per encounter - Allows to magically affect an area to attract a desired item type of choice with incredible force. - Come to me!
Spoiler:
Shadow Play - 30 WIS, Snatch lvl 3 - At Will - Sacrifice 25% of your HP to make your shadow come to life. Your shadow can do anything you can, however it has no weapon skills or any Special Skills nor Spells. All passives however work on it. The shadow will vanish when receiving a hit. The shadow has 1 action per turn. - Something moving in your pocket? But my hands are here!
Spoiler:
Shadow Needle - 30 WIS, Trick lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - Whenever there is a shadow on the battlefield, allows you to summon black needles out of it that stab into a desired target. This attack deals your WIS x3 in damage and stuns for 1 action. - How about a small acupuncture?
Spoiler:
Shadow Eyes - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows you to summon eyes on any desired shadow you can see. Until dispelled, the eyes will transfer all the shadow sees directly to you, no matter the distance. You can still see with this even while in blind status. - What are they doing? Uh... reading. Yeah, hardcore reading, seriously.
Spoiler:
Shadow Teleport - 30 WIS, Trap Mastery lvl 3 - Once per Encounter - Allows your shadow to consume you or a desired target and spit it out unharmed somewhere else in the vicinity from another shadow. In battle, this counts as an escape. Likewise, this can bring someone or something close into battle through THEIR shadow. - Sorry, gotta go. *glomp*
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Just on a side note, since currently the main RP is not progressing well, me and Bookman will start one RP on the side for testing purposes since I need to test a lot of stuff for the RP. Especially the new combat system. This RP will not affect the Chained Worlds story, it's kind of an alternate dimension. Bookman will be commanding a party of 4 heroes there.

Also, I am currently revamping the skills (again.....). However this time only the 1st jobs will be affected. The biggest change will be the fact that skills no longer have requirements. Only learn-able skills will have a requirement to be learned.

Also..... Fighter, Rune Edge and Magic Knight 2nd and 3rd jobs are going through a huge change. For now, nobody except Book will be affected by this. So....yeah. Just to keep you updated on my work in the background. ^^"

Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Alright, so far, here are the test results of the system from the current RPs and my brainstorming.

1) Skill Trees.

So far, I noticed the old ST system sucks. It gets scrapped completely. The props also failed. Why is that you ask? Well, I was planning the system to allow creating a special character with many different skills that can be trained to be powerful. The starting skills were the only propped ones, so that the starting character while advancing keeps a certain class style of combat.

Result? Failure. Bookman proved it very quickly and I can already see what results I would achieve if I pushed with the system as it is now. Simply put, The "Class" ST would receive all the Skill Points to level up the properties as fast as possible. So instead of learning new skills, people would make their original skills stronger and stronger as fast as possible and just use their most damaging attack instead of multiple skills. Not to mention that TP (Training Points) would be just stacked until they can be spent on one, single, uber damage skill that will become the new spammed attack or their OHKO since instead of gaining skills, the player just stacked a powerful one and blowed away the opponent.

So yeah. The ST concept failed miserably.

2) Body Slots and Weight system.

Another complete failure. It seemed good at first, but I noticed it is very complicated and instead of allowing the player to enjoy the game, it makes it annoying since you have to count how much items you can carry, how many weapons, etc. That is why I also scratch this whole idea, and come up with something new.

3) Extera breeding.

Biggest problem here is that the concept had no chance to be tried out. And THAT is a problem. It already shows it's too slow. One feeding per day means that unless you level a Linker, the eggs will be ready in like 10 episodes. It's like a lifetime for some RPs....

4) Skills with Casting Time and Cooldown.

This isn't half bad. If I would adjust it, the game would work. But "work" is not the same as "awesome". And I am pursuing awesome here. As we tried with Book, the battles can be handled with the cooldown and cast time system and weapons.... but it's boring. Rolling dices, stating damage and woo hoo, victory dance. Yeah... there is too much counting in this and not enough "awesome" in it. So it gets scraped as well, ah well....

Now, what does it leave us with? Here are the current changes that will be officially tested with Bookman now.

1) Classes.

From here on now, all the previous classes are dismissed. From now on the classes existing are: Assailant, Knight, Sniper, Hunter, Elementalist, Summoner, Assassin, Shadow Eye, Magic Knight, Demon Knight, Rune Edge, Soul Divider, Monk, Crusher, Dancer, Actor, Linker, Overtaker.

Those are the only classes in the game now. There are no job changes anymore. Also the classes no longer have PRESET SKILLS. The players will receive TP that is to be spent on buying skills. (In the book, the classes will have a "standard suggested set" of skills for people starting the game that don't know what to take)

How many skills can be learned? Unlimited. You can have as many skills as you wish and have TP to buy. Similar, there are NO stat points preset. (The book will have them "suggested" but not forced as well). The player will receive a pool of stats to distribute between his stats.

So what do the classes do? Your "class specific" skills will have a small discount when learning them. This means that while someone needs for example 1000 TP to learn "Dual Summon", a Summoner will be able to learn that at only 750 TP. So, choosing your class will not "grant specific skills and stats" BUT simply AID YOU in gaining the skills you wish to have.

Here is the chart of "TP bonus" for the classes:

- Assailant (30% Discount on melee attacking skills)
- Knight (10% discount on melee attacking skills, 20% discount on physical defense skills)
- Sniper (30% discount on ranged skills)
- Hunter (20% discount on ranged skills, 10% discount on nature skills)
- Elementalist (30% discount on all elemental magic skills)
- Summoner (20% discount on summoning skills, 10% discount on elemental magic skills)
- Assassin (20% discount on melee attacking skills, 10% discount on hiding skills)
- Shadow Eye (30% discount on hiding skills)
- Magic Knight (15% discount on melee attacking skills, 15% discount on elemental magic skills)
- Demon Knight (10% discount on melee attacking skills, 20% discount on dark and demonic magic skills)
- Rune Edge (10% discount on melee attacking skills, 20% discount on negative status inflicting skills)
- Soul Divider (10% discount on elemental magic skills, 20% discount on negative status inflicting skills)
- Monk (10% discount on melee hand-to-hand skills and 20% discount on Chi skills)
- Crusher (30% discount on melee hand-to-hand skills)
- Dancer (30% discount on dance skills)
- Actor (30% discount on combination skills)
- Linker (30% discount on Extera breeding skills)
- Overtaker (30% discount on Extera fusion skills)

And now the stats. They have changed so here are the new, easier to read stats:

P. Damage - (Damage dealt in physical combat)
M. Damage - (Damage dealt in magical combat)
Stamina - (Hit Points, how much damage you take before you are KOed)
M. Absorption - (Mana Absorption. This stat will be described briefly below)
Combo - (Combination. Also described briefly below)

So, as you noticed, there is no Endurance this time. Now in the RP only HP exists. Armors have their own HP values. The amount of armor pieces you carry is multiplied by 10 and that much damage is absorbed by the armor. Armor itself has its own HP and if not repaired will break.

To describe it easier, let's say someone has 2 armor parts equipped, like Chest Armor and a Helmet. If he receives 100 damage, 20% of this damage lands into the armor. That means the chest armor takes 10 damage, the helmet takes 10 damage. Armor HP depends on the material it is made of. If it reaches 0 HP, it is broken and cannot grant protection. This however can be repaired back to full HP at most towns.

SO how to destroy an armor piece beyond recovery? Either force someone to block with that piece, making it take that 10% damage when on 0 HP, saving the user, BUT destroying the armor, OR use a special skill that targets the armor itself.

Why block with a 0 HP armor? Well, if a hit for 100 damage is coming at you, and you have 100 HP, you will either die OR destroy that helmet but retain 10 HP, allowing you to heal yourself or attack and win perhaps.

Combination and Mana Absorption are new stats. Whenever you hit someone, you gain Mana from him. That Mana is shared between you and your Extera. Each battle you start with 0 MP, unless you have a passive skill that grants starting mana. Your maximum amount of Mana is 100 + Extera mana. With each hit, the amount of your MP Absorption is added to your mana. Certain techniques will add more MP, while some are more damaging.

Combination is the amount of attacks you can chain during one turn. The stat itself adds 1/10 of itself to your amount of actions. This means that Combination 20 is actually 1+2 actions. 1 action is a basic value alone. Certain passives increase combo values further.

Basic stats?

P. Damage - 0
M. Damage - 0
Stamina - 1
M. Absorb. - 0
Combo - 0

Stamina is ALWAYS 1, and cannot be lower. 1 Stamina point equals 10 HP. Aside from this one point, players have 49 stat points to distribute between their stats. Choose wisely.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:23 pm

And now about the new skill system. Anyone remembers Master Gear? That's how we're going to play, however in open cards. Basically the player will choose what type of skill he is pursuing and the GM will state how much TP it will cost him. After obtaining lvl 1, the player can further add TP into the skill to level it up to lvl 100. The higher the level of the skill, the more TP it will consume. The higher the power of the skill, the more TP it also consumes.

Now, Skills are divided into three categories.
1) Techniques
2) Specials
3) Passives

1) Techniques are the common skills that take 1 action to be performed. Chained into the basic abilities of the character, they have no cast times or cooldowns and can be simply spammed. Those are all your basic attacks you can perform in combat or in the field.

2) Specials. Those are more powerful versions of techniques. They take a FULL TURN to be launched and CONSUME YOUR MP when used. Benefits? First, they are more powerful. Second, they CANNOT BE EVADED NOR BLOCKED. If you use an MP attack, the enemy simply must tank it with his HP unless he has some other MP skill that can defend Specials. Yet, not many opponents will have that much Mana to waste on blocking skills.

3) Passives. Anything that adds extra effects that require no actions counts as a passive. HP and MP+ effects as well.

What can Extera do in Combat? During story mode, the GM decides how the Extera acts and what he says, but during combat, you gain full control and during your post you can state which skills he will use. An Extera has unlimited amounts of actions he can spend, making Extera users fearsome opponents. However Extera do NOT absorb Mana, and every single skill they have will cost them MP. The player has to decide whether he wants to use the Extera attacks fully or charge his own powerful Specials.

Additional Combat rules:

I will enforce this rule during RPs. Whenever you describe an attack combo in an interesting way, you will receive your Mana Absorption value in MP as an additional bonus. However stating something in pure TECH will result in that value being subtracted from your Mana after the combat sequence.

Purpose? This shows how tired the character is. If the player is too tired to describe his attacks, it means his character feels drained. On the other hand, extra chains mean the character is full of energy and will absorb additional Mana for his attacks.

And as a last note. Not every single skill costs the same value of TP. Specials might cost the same as Techniques, but you might find Specials that cost 10x more TP than a technique AND you can find techniques that at Lvl1 cost more TP than a Special at Lvl 50. It all depends what type of skill you are pursuing. Balance between specials and techniques is a key factor here.

....these rules will be tested with Bookman in the RP during our next mission.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:14 pm

Heh.... back to the drawing board.

I wonder if the class discounts are good the way they are now. << They all total 30%, but I wonder if the split classes shouldn't have two weaker 20% discounts that encourage choosing them specifically for the diversity versus a solitary maximizing tactic that the 30% boost would get.

It's just something I have in mind (not like I will complain with 3 classes in the 30% group XD). The bigger overall bonus will encourage the diversity of skills, at least tempt some players. The opposite, of course, is leaving the stats equal but ensuring that a variety of skills is crucial to survival so that a player maxing TP in one sort of skill only, that getting the 30% boost (and if it's "Hiding" or "Extera Breeding", then yeah, clearly that's not enough) will have an extra hard time in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next