Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)

Go down 
+3
Cybeast Worshipper
Xellious Noon
ThomasWindar
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) Empty
PostSubject: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Basically put, during my "Art Book" classes (Or whatever it would be called in english) I will be designing a whole book about the Royal Dreaming Academy as a story + RP system. Basically it will be a book with an RP system I am creating from everything I learned during our RPs on the forums + a whole Campaign for the starting players.

Now then, since Soul Hunter was rather unsuccessful and Master Gear stopped suddenly, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining the new Royal Dreaming Academy RP I am preparing. I pretty much patched up a lot of stuff, however this time the RP will have a real, fully-designed game system. This also means that it won't start ASAP, yet I am now wondering if anyone will be interested?

Last edited by ThomasWindar on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:33 pm

As always man. No matter how many times it dies, it's a good run while it lasts.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Just as a head's up, we won't need a sub-forum for the RP. XD I'll prepare the rules as a PDF format.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Master. Gear. Won't. DIE.

But I'm in for this. As per usual. Your RP's for some reason have some lure. It's probably due to the fact we have to follow a set of rules and can't jump to planet destroying powers.
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47489

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Cybeast Worshipper wrote:
Master. Gear. Won't. DIE.

But I'm in for this. As per usual. Your RP's for some reason have some lure. It's probably due to the fact we have to follow a set of rules and can't jump to planet destroying powers.

AAAAnd now Im interested.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Well, this is a school project so everything I will be making is going to be a lot different. This will actually look like a real RPG System book with EVERYTHING thought through. With the additional campaign for the players.

Now, if you remember the last RDA, I'll have to say this will be totally different, especially that I matured as a GM from that time. Anyway, this is all going to take time to write down but here is a small list of stuff I am going to implement into the game:
- An easy yet important Stat System.
- An easy yet customizable Skill System.
- Players and Opponents will have HP and attack/defense power.
- All items can created, bought or customized with an easy system.
- All weapons and armors will have their own skills and can be modified.
- A new and improved Dreamer System, with an easy Skill Tree for the supporter. Dreamers now serve only the combat support role as your summoned creatures.
- Dreamers can be evolved, changed or fused even.
- A much better map of the surroundings is added.
- Many other changes added to improve the game and make it easier to understand, yet challenging.

So yeah.... Everything is in my head and just awaits to be written down, which will happen with time. The only thing I can expand on is the Classes and their Job Advancement.

Basically there are a few starting classes that can choose between two 2nd job classes, and later the Advanced Class can evolve into one of the two other 3rd job classes. The Master Class. In short, for each Basic Job, there are 2 Advanced choices and 4 Master Choices.

Now, Each time you change classes, you gain a few skills. The starting class has 5 skills, advanced add an additional 5 and Master add another 5. So, by sheer job changing, you get to have a total of 15 skills that have special properties that can be trained for the skills. Each skill has 6 properties, from which you can pick only 3. Some props will block the other, so choose wisely.

Additionally the character can learn an extra 20 skills. Each character has 20 empty skill slots he can fill with skills he trained during the game. These skills cannot be proped, however they can be erased. If you dislike a skill or want to learn a more powerful one, you will have to choose which skills your character will lose forever to gain a new one. However your Starting Class Skills cannot be erased in any way and stick with you forever.

Additionally each job advancement grants you access to better skills with a stat boost, so you WILL have to delete some skills, even if only to get the more powerful version of your favorite skill.

Dreamers fulfill only the combat role of a "pet" now. But I'll write about it some other time. Classes and their skills will also appear with time, so look forward to it. This time, the classes will be balanced, trust me.

As for the main campaign, this time it revolves around a much different story, so no longer the "Dark Dreamer" is the focus of the game. It will be much more complex, in-depth and entertaining with Side-Quests that are more than simple "fetch quests" or "guess the code" ones.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55795

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Interest.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60578

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm

how do I know it won't die like the last a majillion ):
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:53 pm

If you let that stop you, Guy, you'll never get the fun out of it during the time it's alive. <v<

*thinks how Oscar and Nike will look for THIS version of RDA*
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55795

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:16 pm

Hahaha yea I'll probably recycle Cyelia and/or Matthias for this run too. XD
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:28 pm

Here come the classes. The class names and their "props" MIGHT CHANGE. It's still a prototype. I will bring the class skills and stuff tomorrow during my 3 hours waiting period in school. XD

Classes in RDA.

Warrior - The basic melee class of the game, specializing in close combat using different weaponary.
Archer - The basic ranged class of the game, specializes in using Bows to attack distant opponents.
Magician - The basic magic class of the game, specializes in using devastating magic spells.
Magic Knight - A class that uses both weapon arts and magic in order to fight his enemis and support allies.
Thief - A close range class that specializes in fast attacks and evasion although with low damage.
Dancer - A class that focuses on combination attacks to confuse the enemy.
Fighter - A class that specializes in hand-to-hand combat, mixing power, defense and speed all at once.
Linker - A class that focuses on its Dreamer, increasing the creature's abilities and power.

Warrior -> Soldier (Better Damage) OR Guard (Better Defense)
Soldier -> Assailant (Better Damage and Increased 1vs1 skills) OR Berserker (Better Damage and Increased AoE skills)
Guard -> Knight (Better Defense and Better Damage) OR Defender (Better Defense with increased Protection skills)

Archer -> Crossbowman (Better AoE ability) OR Sniper (Better Damage)
Crossbowman -> Ranger (Better AoE ability with Better Damage) OR Hunter (Better AoE ability with increased Crowd Control abilities)
Sniper -> Reaper (Better Damage with increased Critical Ratio) OR Doomeye (Better Damage with Increased Range and Concealment skills)

Magician -> Elementalist (Better Elemental Damage) OR Summoner (adds summoning abilities)
Elementalist -> Diviner (Better Elemental Damage + Healing and Holy powers) OR Devastator (Better Elemental Damage + Dark powers with bigger AoE)
Summoner -> Beast Master (adds summoning abilities and increased creature count) OR Soul Master (adds summoning abilities and allows summoning ghosts and demons)

Magic Knight -> Holy Knight (Better Support Spells) Or Dark Knight (Better Damage)
Holy Knight -> Dragon Knight (Better Support Spells + Dragon Magic) OR Divine Knight (better Support Spells + Protective Spells)
Dark Knight -> Demon Knight (Better Damage + Demonic Magic) OR Chaos Knight (Better Damage + Better Crowd Control)

Thief -> Assassin (Better Critical Ratio) OR Trickster (Adds Traps to arsenal)
Assassin -> Ninja (Better Critical Ratio + Shadow Arts) OR Death Bringer (Better Critical Ratio + Increased 1vs1 ability)
Trickster -> Trap Master (Adds Traps to arsenal + Increased number of Traps) OR Space Keeper (Adds Traps to arsenal + Protective and repelling abilities)

Dancer -> Actor (Adds replication abilities) or Performer (Increased combination abilities)
Actor -> Incarnation (Adds replication abilities + Transformation abilities) OR Deceiver (Adds replication abilities + Illusion abilities)
Performer -> Juggler (Increased combination abilities + ranged attacks) OR Joker (Increased combination abilities + unblockable attacks)

Fighter -> Monk (adds support abilities) OR Brute (better damage)
Monk -> Templar (adds support abilities + better damage) OR Master (adds support abilities + better defense)
Brute -> Beast (better damage + berserk abilities) OR Chi Warrior (better damage + increased Chi abilities)

Linker -> Alpha (Increased Control of Dreamer) OR Fusionist (Increased Dream Fusion Abilities)
Alpha -> Omega (Increased Control of Dreamer + Increased Dreamer Abilities) OR Zeta (Increased Control of Dreamer + Additional combat skills)
Fusionist -> Overtaker (Increased Dream Fusion Abilities + Form Change when Dream Fused) OR Dream Reaver (Increased Dream Fusion Abilities + Additional Dream Breeding skills)
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:15 am

Astram makes his return as the lone assassin... XD
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:25 am

It was me that said "SX, remember to give Assassin from the start so Kevin doesn't have troubles choosing."

I'm pretty sure Nike will be Fighter -> Monk -> Master (Mistress?), but for Oscar I might make him Dancer -> Actor -> Deceiver instead of a Linker... Linker gets so many options and would rely so much on the Dreamer that Oscar could develop some independent power, now Actor on the other hand would be unreliable depending on the opponent he faces... not to mention the amusing side effects. >v>

So if anyone wants to try Linker this round, that position is probably open.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:14 pm

Bookman wrote:
It was me that said "SX, remember to give Assassin from the start so Kevin doesn't have troubles choosing."

Thank goodness. XD

When will this thing see it's start? I'm actually kinda anticipating it.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:24 pm

I wouldn't count on this starting fast as I am still working on the Skill Trees. The rules that will come have to be made for a REAL RPG system, so everything is getting thought out I guess. Or to put this simply, it might take me TIME. I am currently working the Warrior classes, and only reached Berserker. Still Knight and Defender await their STs before I can show you what they could do.

Nevertheless I can introduce a bit from the Dreamer system to you. Note this MIGHT change.

Basically, in order to receive a Dreamer now, you need to breed one. Each Dreamer comes from eggs that have various types and elements. Basically ANYTHING can be an element. The egg is usually a mix of the two parental elements. For example, Fire + Earth Dreamers will give you a Magma Egg. Ice and Fire will grant Water eggs, Iron and Sharpness will grant a Sword Egg, etc. Anything can be an element really.

Eggs also come in 3 types of hardness. You can get a Spiky egg, Soft Egg or Hard Egg. Spiky eggs grant an offensive Dreamer, Soft Eggs grant Support Dreamers, Hard Eggs grant defensive Dreamers.

If you have two Dreamers willing, you can breed new eggs and hatch them by doing specific tasks. So basically getting a powerful Dreamer is usually not only breeding but sometimes even creating a romance. (It's supposed to be a sort of a mini game/side quest here).

If you have two Dreamers, you can fuse them, that way receiving one Dreamer of a greater power with the fused elements. The skill set of a Dreamer will also be fused, granting more power skills. However do note that it is hard to fuse as both Dreamers might have a very similar state of mind, cannot dislike each other and you will lose the starters like this. So Breeding is just safer cause whatever egg you get, you still have the old Dreamers.

Oh yeah. Every player starts by choosing his egg element and egg type (Spiky, Hard or Soft) and the egg can be hatched. If you feel like adding yourself a Dreamer early, you will have to care for the egg.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:38 pm

Be aware, the are subjected to change at anytime after all classes are created, however I leave the Warrior ST for your evaluation. Tell me if you find any bugs and such.

Also, about stats:

Stats:
Strength - A stat that affects what kind of equipment you can use.
Endurance - A stat that affects physical damage received.
Magic Defense - A stat that affects magical damage received.
Wisdom - A stat that affects what kind of spells you can use.
Vitality - Affects HP.

Let's elaborate on this matter. Unlike many other games, the combat in RDA is set based on the equipment and skills you have equipped. That is why certain stats and their growth do not affect your damage directly, but instead grant you access to more powerful equips that in return grant you greater damage or special effects.

So, in other words, you cannot wield a special weapon if you are too weak, or you cannot control a certain spell if you are not wise enough to understand it. Of course there are certain items, equipment and skills that affect your stats.

Unlike most games, there is no such thing as "level" in RDA. A character grows in power by increasing his attributes, either with equipment, job advancements or by learning specials skills. Depending on your actions and choice of weapons/armors along with your Dreamer, you will acquire additional abilities that will help you in the game.

Also, skill format is this:
(name) - (Requirements to execute skill or have it active if passive) - (usage) - (effect) - (extra info)

Warrior - The basic melee class of the game, specializing in close combat using different weaponary.

Warrior -> Soldier (Better Damage) OR Guard (Better Defense)
Soldier -> Assailant (Better Damage and Increased 1vs1 skills) OR Berserker (Better Damage and Increased AoE skills)
Guard -> Knight (Better Defense and Better Damage) OR Defender (Better Defense with increased Protection skills)

Class: Warrior
Stats:
- Strength 19
- Endurance 10
- Magic Defense 3
- Wisdom 1
- Vitality 17
Skills:
Enhanced Stamina - None - Passive - HP Multiplier for Vitality is x12 instead of x10 - A Warrior is someone that cannot die from a mere scratch!
Spoiler:
Combat Combo - 15 Str, any weapon - At Will - Delivers a special combo using the equipped weapon. Adds your Str value to the overall combo damage. - I can do more than just the basic attack!
Spoiler:
Guard Stance - 10 End - At Will - Doubles Base End when used to guard against an enemy attack. - Ha ha! That is not enough to knock me down!
Spoiler:
Berserk - Vit 15 - Passive - If the user receives more than 50% Max HP damage before he can act, will explode with rage and take turn at once. - This is enough!!!
Spoiler:
Armor Expertise - 10 End - Passive - Armor END is increased by 20% - It's just like my second skin!
Spoiler:

Class: Soldier
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+10)
- Endurance 10 (+5)
- Magic Defense 3 (+2)
- Wisdom 1 (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+8)
Skills:
Weapon Mastery - 25 STR, any weapon - Passive - All weapon damage is increased by 10% - This is not just a Sword! This is a Gladius you simpleton!
Spoiler:
Royal Charge - 25 STR, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to use a weapon skill three times in a row at once - Prepare yourself, HERE I COME!!!
Spoiler:
Armor Crusher - 25 STR, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Delivers a blow to the enemy that deals weapon damage and permanently cuts enemy armor END by 20% - That poor excuse for an armor is not going to work!
Spoiler:
Rage - 20 VIT - Passive - Adds STR value to all overall damage - HAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaa!!!
Spoiler:
Furious Berserk - Berserk Lvl 3 - Passive - Adds a shockwave to your Berserk that deals your STR value in damage to all nearby enemies - Now you die!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Guard
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+3)
- Endurance 10 (+10)
- Magic Defense 3 (+2)
- Wisdom 1 (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+10)
Skills:
Shield Mastery - 20 END, any shield - Passive - Doubles Shield END - Keep your guard up!
Spoiler:
Block Resonance - 20 END - At Will - Sacrifice all actions for your turn to fully block an attack - I am the greatest defender of this kingdom!
Spoiler:
Die-hard - Enhanced Stamina lvl 3 - Passive - If HP drops below 10% Max, Total END is doubled for 3 turns - I am not done yet!
Spoiler:
Royal Launcher - 15 STR, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Swing the weapon in an uppercut motion and launch the enemy far away, dealing weapon damage and falling damage - Get lost!
Spoiler:
Focused Healing - Enhanced Stamina lvl 3 - At-Will - Stand still and forfeit your turn entirely to concentrate on breathing and restorative functions of your organism. Recovers 2% Max HP per turn but negates your base END while you are standing still - Breath slowly, pace yourself....
Spoiler:

Class: Assailant
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+10) (+25)
- Endurance 10 (+5) (+5)
- Magic Defense 3 (+2) (+2)
- Wisdom 1 (+0) (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+8) (+18)
Skills:
Combat Spirit - 40 STR, 30 Vit, Rage lvl 3 - At Will - Add your STR value to damage by sacrificing all Base END - You will be long dead before you hit me.
Spoiler:
Slaughtering Assault - 50 STR, Royal Charge lvl 3, Furious Berserk lvl 3, any weapon - Twicer per Day - Brutally attack the enemy with a series of deadly strikes. Deals x5 Weapon damage and all weapon special effects are activated. - This is the end! Now DIE!!!
Spoiler:
Body Breaker - 35 STR, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Attack the enemy to disable one of his skills and deal weapon damage. The chosen enemy skill is disabled for 3 turns. - I'll disARM you!
Spoiler:
Enhancer - 35 STR, any weapon - Passive - Grants all weapons +5% Critical Rate - It's the warrior that counts, not the weapon.
Spoiler:
Air Slasher - 35 STR, 25 VIT, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - If an enemy is in the air, this attack will disable his ability to fly and deal 3x the weapon damage. This attack does not work on non-flying opponents. - Like a Hawk, hunting his weak prey!
Spoiler:

Class: Berserker
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+10) (+18)
- Endurance 10 (+5) (+10)
- Wisdom 1 (+0) (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+8) (+20)
Skills:
Earthquaker - 35 STR - Twice per Encounter - Jumps high into the air and slams into the ground, sending a shockwave to damage the enemies with your total STR x2 - Off your feet!
Spoiler:
Cuttonado - 40 STR, two melee weapons - Twice per Encounter - Attack all enemies around you by viciously swinging your weapons like a top. Deals 2x Weapon damage from both weapons + STR value. - Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin, Spin, SPIN!!! YAAARGHHHH!!!!
Spoiler:
Mighty Roar - 35 VIT - Once per Encounter - Unleash a Battle Cry that will shaken the enemy, granting all damage dealt to them a 20% bonus for the next 3 turns. - FOR HONOR!!!
Spoiler:
Mighty Berserk - Furious Berserk lvl 3, 35 VIT - At-Will - Disables your skills and magic attacks but 2x Weapon Skill damage and adds your STR and VIT modifiers to damage. This lasts 3 turns. - I'LL CRUSH YOU!!!
Spoiler:
Bloodlust - Furious Berserk lvl 3, 35 STR, 35 VIT, any weapon - Passive - 1% of dealt damage is absorbed as HP - Ah.... the taste of blood!
Spoiler:

Class: Knight
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+3) (+15)
- Endurance 10 (+10) (+15)
- Wisdom 1 (+0) (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+10) (+18)
Skills:
Power Breaker - 30 STR, any weapon - Twice Per Encounter - Damages the enemy with a technical blow from the weapon dealing base weapon damage, stunning muscle parts. All enemy skills and weapon techs treat his STR modifier as 0 for 3 turns. - An opening!
Spoiler:
Royal Slam - 30 STR, 25 END, any shield - At Will - If the enemy performs any type of weapon attack with a short weapon, you can negate his action and stun him. - Too close!
Spoiler:
True Knight - 30 END, 30 VIT, any shield - At Will - Guard a chosen target close to you, taking all damage in its place. - You will not harm anyone on MY watch!
Spoiler:
Iron Body - 30 END, 30 VIT - Passive - Adds +5 to HP Modifier and 10 Base END - My body is like steel, HARD!!!
Spoiler:
Glorious Presence - None, any heavy armor - Passive - Grants the Knight a great look. All social actions receive a bonus. - *smirk* Call me Prince Charming.
Spoiler:

Class: Defender
Stats:
- Strength 19 (+3) (+3)
- Endurance 10 (+10) (+20)
- Wisdom 1 (+0) (+0)
- Vitality 17 (+10) (+25)
Skills:
Ultimate Block - 50 END, 50 VIT, Shield Master lvl 3, any shield - Twice per Day - Completely negate any attack and its status effects for 1 turn by going into the ultimate defensive stance. - Useless....
Spoiler:
Reflector - None - Twice per Encounter - Negates the effect of spells for 1 turn. - Your spells have no effect on me...
Spoiler:
Divine Light - 50 VIT - Twice a day - Recovers 100% HP with divine light from the heavens. - Help me.... To fight for justice!
Spoiler:
Titanium Body - 50 VIT, 50 END - Passive - Grants +10 HP modifier and +50 Base END - I don't need no armor.
Spoiler:
Reflex Block - 40 END, 50 VIT, any shield, Shield Mastery lvl 3, Block Resonance Lvl3 - Passive - Blocks first attack in battle automatically for 0 damage with status guard, even if it is a surprise attack or the enemy was not seen or invisible. - Hm... OH! You scared me there.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Here is the Magician ST, and as said before, it is all subject to change yet!

Magician -> Elementalist (Better Elemental Damage) OR Summoner (adds summoning abilities)
Elementalist -> Diviner (Better Elemental Damage + Healing and Holy powers) OR Devastator (Better Elemental Damage + Dark powers with bigger AoE)
Summoner -> Beast Master (adds summoning abilities and increased creature count) OR Soul Master (adds summoning abilities and allows summoning ghosts and demons)

Class: Magician
Stats:
- Strength 3
- Endurance 5
- Magic Defense 15
- Wisdom 22
- Vitality 5
Skills:
Fireball - 20 WIS - At Will - Throw a ball of explosive fire energy to damage a target with your WIS x2. - Catch this!
Spoiler:
Water Splash - 20 WIS - At Will - Forcefully splash water on the enemy from above for WIS x2 damage. - *sniff* Eww... Wash yourself!
Spoiler:
Lightning Bolt - 20 WIS - At Will - Shoots a bolt of lightning at the enemy for x2 WIS damage. - Shocking, isn't it?
Spoiler:
Rock Blast - 20 WIS - At Will - Tear out a stone from the ground and deal x2 WIS damage to the target. - I'll crush you!
Spoiler:
Wind Slash - 20 WIS - At Will - Blow sharp wind to cut the enemy for x2 WIS damage. - Hold onto your hat!
Spoiler:

Class: Elementalist
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5)
- Wisdom 22 (+16)
- Vitality 5 (+2)
Skills:
Fire Power - WIS 35 - Passive - All Fire Elemental Damage is increased by 50% - Hot!
Spoiler:
Water Power - WIS 35 - Passive - All Water Elemental Damage is increased by 50% - Cool!
Spoiler:
Lightning Power - WIS 35 - Passive - All Lightning Elemental Damage is increased by 50% - Shocking!
Spoiler:
Earth Power - WIS 35 - Passive - All Earth Elemental Damage is increased by 50% - Deep!
Spoiler:
Wind Power - WIS 35 - Passive - All Wind Elemental Damage is increased by 50% - My mind was blown away...
Spoiler:

Class: Summoner
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5)
- Wisdom 22 (+10)
- Vitality 5 (+8)
Skills:
Summoning Expertise - 20 WIS - Passive - Summoned Creature's HP and Damage is increased by 10%. - I am an expert summoner!
Spoiler:
Combat Summoning - 20 WIS, 10 VIT - Passive - Decreases circle drawing time of all summons by 1 action. (No less than 1 action) - Psh, that one was easy!
Spoiler:
Creature Control - 20 WIS, 10 VIT - Passive - Summon Creatures understand basic commands (Attack! Guard! Run!). - Hey!...Hey you! I'm talking to you!
Spoiler:
Energy Restore - 20 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Adds +2 turns to chosen summon creature's existance time. - Stay a bit longer my friend.
Spoiler:
Sacrifice Blast - 20 WIS - At Will - Sacrifice a summoned creature to deal 50% of its remaining HP as direct damage to the enemy. - Your sacrifice will not die in vain.
Spoiler:

Class: Diviner
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2) (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0) (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5) (+20)
- Wisdom 22 (+16) (+20)
- Vitality 5 (+2) (+8)
Skills:
Elemental Absorption - 35 MDEF - Passive - 10% of elemental magic damage is negated and added to your next spell of the same element. - I am one with the world!
Spoiler:
Heavenly Beating - 50 WIS, any Magic Amplifier - Once per Day - Attack with the Heaven's Wrath to punish all enemies on the field dealing 10x WIS damage and cause -50% damage status for 3 turns. - Feel the divine justice, evildoers!!!
Spoiler:
Elemental Crash - 50 WIS, any Magic Amplifier, all "Element" Power's lvl 3 - Twice per Day - Strike with the Nature's frenzy by storming the battlefield with a meteor shower, hail storm, chain lightnings, earthquake and a Tornado. This attack deals 30x WIS damage, however requires 5 actions of preparation time. - I'll show you the anger of Mother nature!
Spoiler:
Sacred Shield - 35 WIS, 35 MDEF - Once per encounter - For 3 turns, adds total MDEF x5 to END if inside the created barrier (contains up to 3 people). Stepping outside of the barrier will end this effect. - The Holy Light will protect us!
Spoiler:
Resurrection - 50 WIS, 35 MDEF, any holy magic amplifier - Twice per Day - Restores back to life a creature that died within 24 hours with full HP. - I will not let you die!
Spoiler:

Class: Devastator
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2) (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0) (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5) (+5)
- Wisdom 22 (+16) (+35)
- Vitality 5 (+2) (+8)
Skills:
Erasure - 70 WIS, any dark magic amplifier - Once per Day - Casts a spell that has 100% chance of erasing a small or minor enemy from existance, 50% of erasing strong enemies and 25% of erasing a Boss rank enemy. - Your existence is not required.
Spoiler:
Devastation - 70 WIS, any dark magic amplifier - Twice per Day - Raid the field with evil energy and demonic powers, dealing dark damage equal to 25x WIS modifier and causing a curse that decreases END and MDEF by 25% till the end of battle. - I will show you the end of the world!!!
Spoiler:
Dark affinity - 50 WIS - Passive - Increases all dark spells damage by 20%. - I am a denizen of darkness...
Spoiler:
Sacrifice - 50 WIS, any dark magic amplifier - At Will - Consume 25% of your or an allies HP (must be willing to) to restore full usage of one encounter spell or 1 charge of a daily spell. - I can use your life better than you...
Spoiler:
Soul Resistance - None - Passive - Commands issued by Darkness become only urges and whispers. - I am the one who controls Darkness, not the other way around.
Spoiler:

Class: Beast Master
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2) (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0) (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5) (+10)
- Wisdom 22 (+10) (+19)
- Vitality 5 (+8) (+19)
Skills:
Beast Force - 40 WIS, 25 VIT - At Will - Summon one of your creatures attacks at the enemy for half their summoning time - I don't need a beast to deal with YOU.
Spoiler:
Beast Affinity - None - Passive - Summoned creatures like you more. - Oh I love you, my cute, little, slimy, stinky friend!
Spoiler:
Eternal Companion - None - Passive - One of your Summoned Creatures will have infinite existence time. This skill will be linked to your summon until the skill is deleted. - You are my best friend forever!
Spoiler:
Beast Restore - 40 WIS - At Will - Recovers 5% Max HP of your summon creature. - That's just a scratch... there! All better!
Spoiler:
Wild Power - 40 WIS - Twice per encounter - Increases the targeted Summon Creature's damage by 100% for 1 turn. - Let's go wild, baby!
Spoiler:

Class: Soul Master
Stats:
- Strength 3 (+2) (+2)
- Endurance 5 (+0) (+0)
- Magic Defense 15 (+5) (+10)
- Wisdom 22 (+10) (+19)
- Vitality 5 (+8) (+19)
Skills:
Necrotic Force - 30 VIT - Passive - All ghosts and undead summoned are immune to Holy Magic. - My army of death does not fear the light...
Spoiler:
Necromancy - 40 WIS, 30 VIT - Twice per Day - Allows you to resurrect a creature back to life as an undead. The creature remains by your side until defeated. - Can't beat me. JOIN ME!!!
Spoiler:
Soul Harvest - 40 WIS, 30 VIT, Soul Container - At Will - Allows you to capture a soul of a dead enemy into the container for later usage. - You think death will free you?
Spoiler:
Soul Cry - 40 WIS, 30 VIT, Soul Container, any dark magic amplifier - At Will - Allows you to use the signature attack of the soul from the container. - Serve me!
Spoiler:
Soul Absorbtion - 30 VIT - At Will - Absorb a Soul from a Soul Container to recover 25% Max HP. - Let us feast on the fallen...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:31 pm

You might wonder why would I post everything here? Well, one time our Hard Drive just went and burned out making me lose all data. If posted here, it gives me an additional copy of all the work at least, not counting my pendrives that also have the data on this. But yeah, never enough copies.

Here is the Thief ST.

Thief -> Assassin (Better Critical Ratio) OR Trickster (Adds Traps to arsenal)
Assassin -> Ninja (Better Critical Ratio + Shadow Arts) OR Death Bringer (Better Critical Ratio + Increased 1vs1 ability)
Trickster -> Trap Master (Adds Traps to arsenal + Increased number of Traps) OR Space Keeper (Adds Traps to arsenal + Protective and repelling abilities)

Class: Thief
Stats:
- Strength 17
- Endurance 6
- Magic Defense 4
- Wisdom 13
- Vitality 10
Skills:
Backflip - None - Once per Encounter - Allows you to evade a weapon skill attack by jumping away. - Wah!.... close one!
Spoiler:
Sneak Attack - any short weapon - At Will - If the enemy doesn't see you and is not aware of you, deals 3x weapon damage + STR stat. - Surprise buttsex!!
Spoiler:
Surprise Spring - 10 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to use a weapon skill while bypassing enemy guard. - I am too far.... not!
Spoiler:
Secret Venom - 10 WIS, any weapon - Passive - All weapons receive 5% chance to poison. - You are already dead.
Spoiler:
Trap Sense - 10 WIS, 10 VIT - Passive - If right about to activate a trap, gives a danger sense. - I think that is a bad idea...
Spoiler:

Class: Assassin
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15)
- Endurance 6 (+2)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+3)
- Vitality 10 (+2)
Skills:
Assassin Impact - 30 STR, any weapon - Passive - Adds 20% chance to add 1 more action that can be used ONLY to attack. - This will end quickly.
Spoiler:
Dual Strike - 30 STR, two weapons - Twice per encounter - Allows you to attack with each of your weapons during 1 action. (up to 2 weapons linked) - Here comes the finisher...
Spoiler:
Sidestep - 15 STR, 15 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to step to the side to evade a melee attack. You do not waste an Action to perform this. - Oops! So sorry...
Spoiler:
Throat Cutter - 30 STR, 15 WIS, any short weapon - Once per Encounter - If the enemy is not aware of your presence, use your weapon to deal 5x Weapon damage +STR modifier and cause Bleeding and Silence status. This attack cannot be used if the enemy is wearing heavy armor. - There! Next please.
Spoiler:
Killer Instinct - None - Passive - If HP drops below 20%, all damage increases by 50%. - I will take you down with me!
Spoiler:

Class: Trickster
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5)
- Endurance 6 (+3)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+12)
- Vitality 10 (+2)
Skills:
Trick - 20 WIS - Passive - All set traps are invisible. - ....now where did I put it again?
Spoiler:
Trap Mastery - Trap Sense Lvl 3 - Passive - All traps require 1 less action to be set. (none less than 1) - Why, yes indeed, it wasn't there last time!
Spoiler:
Supplies - Trap Sense lvl 3 - Passive - Adds +1 charge to each trap. - Good thing I brought an extra.
Spoiler:
Antidote - 20 WIS - At Will - Removes poison status from target. - I had the cure just for that here...
Spoiler:
Disarm - 20 WIS, 20 STR, no held weapon - Once per Encounter - Must be used before enemy attacks. If the enemy uses a weapon attack on you, will take the enemy weapon from him. - Why, thank you kind sir!
Spoiler:

Class: Ninja
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15) (+18)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+6)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+6)
- Wisdom 13 (+3) (+16)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+4)
Skills:
Shadow Dodge - 30 WIS, Sidestep lvl 3 - Twice per Encounter - If hit by an attack, allows you to vanish in smoke and spawn somewhere next to the enemy. - *Poof* You missed.
Spoiler:
Ninja Walk - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows you to walk on vertical surfaces like on normal ground. - I'm walking away~
Spoiler:
Explosion Magic - 30 WIS, any throwing weapon - At Will - When using a throwing weapon, allows you to explode the weapon for your WIS x2 damage and Knock Down. - I missed on purpose there.
Spoiler:
Weapon Rain - 40 STR, 30 WIS, any weapon - Twice per Encounter - Allows you to shower the enemy field by throwing up to 10 weapons in your possession to deal their base attack damage + your STR modifier. All weapons thrown are lost. - Here comes the rain of pain!
Spoiler:
Invisible - 30 WIS, Ninja Scroll - At Will - Allows you to become half transparent, with a visible shadow to be less noticeable. Consumes one Ninja Scroll. Lasts 3 turns OR until you attack. - Now you see me, now you don't!
Spoiler:

Class: Death Bringer
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+15) (+37)
- Endurance 6 (+2) (+2)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+3)
- Wisdom 13 (+3) (+6)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+2)
Skills:
Eye of Death - 50 STR - Passive - Adds a 5% chance that your attack will deal 2x damage. - You are full of openings...
Spoiler:
Blood Smash - None - At Will - Consume 10% of your Max HP to ensure the next attack is a Critical hit. Cannot execute if HP is below 70%. - I will take you to hell with me!
Spoiler:
Doom - None - Twice per Day - Casts a spell with a 40% chance that the opponent will inevitably die in 6 turns. - You cannot escape death now...
Spoiler:
Deadly Radiance - None - Once per Day - For the cost of 50% Max HP, make everything with HP lower than yours on the field die. Does not work against other players. HP limit counts before subtraction. - Look into the eyes of death!
Spoiler:
Elemental Dream Slayer - 50 STR, 20 WIS - Once per Day - If the enemy has a Dreamer of one of the seven basic elements, disable the Dreamer till the end of battle and deal its combined skill damage as direct damage to the enemy HP. - Friends only pull you down.
Spoiler:

Class: Trap Master
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5) (+10)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+6)
- Wisdom 13 (+12) (+24)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+4)
Skills:
Ultimate Trap - 45 WIS - Once per Day - Set a trap seal on the enemy. Whatever is his next action, it will set up the trap, reversing the effect. - Now you are screwed!
Spoiler:
Mind Block - 35 WIS - At Will - Choose one enemy skill and disable it. The skill will not work until you decide to disable another skill. - That move is FORBIDDEN!!
Spoiler:
Sudden Spawn - 35 WIS, Magic Body Paint - At Will - If a trap is created by you, you can draw a seal and store the trap on your body. When the seal is touched, the trap emerges from that body part and activates. (Can store 5 traps like this) Consumes 1 bottle of Magic Body Paint. - Don't you DARE touch me!
Spoiler:
Trap Affinity - Trap Mastery lvl 3, Trick lvl 3 - Passive - Enemy Traps will not trigger against you. - It's like taming Lions, only with less scratches and more poison.
Spoiler:
Resistance - 35 WIS - Passive - All spells have a 5% chance of not working on you. - You were saying?...
Spoiler:

Class: Space Keeper
Stats:
- Strength 17 (+5) (+0)
- Endurance 6 (+3) (+16)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3) (+16)
- Wisdom 13 (+12) (+9)
- Vitality 10 (+2) (+9)
Skills:
Private Zone - 30 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per Encounter - For 1 turn detaches an area from the current reality. Nothing including attacks can leave or enter the area. - Leave me alone...
Spoiler:
Relocate - 30 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per encounter - Creates two portals in a desired location of the battlefield that for 1 turn make everything go through them to the other one. - That would fit better over there!
Spoiler:
Magnetic Resonance- 30 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per encounter - Allows to magically affect an area to attract a desired item type of choice with incredible force. - Come to me!
Spoiler:
Chain Reaction - any Reactive Chemicals - At Will - Allows you to chain desired Reactive Chemicals to cause an explosion with damage equal your WIS times the number of used chemicals (min. 100g of each substance). (Links up to 5 chemicals) Special effects based on chemical types. - Now we just add this an-BOOM!!!
Spoiler:
Activation - 30 WIS, any magic amplifier - Twice per Day - Allows you to activate an item/artifact even if it is lacking a power source for 1 action. - Oh come on now, work with me here!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 38735

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 am

I'm game. Going to the club in a few minutes, then a party after. I'll look at the classes and such some time tomorrow.

EDIT: Also, thanks for using my idea, any idea how much you'd sell us copies once it's done for? ;D

EDITEDIT: I'm thinking Magic Knight -> Dark Knight -> Chaos Knight for now. >:3
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:12 am

If you are interested in the book itself once it actually is done and ready and printed.... I guess that I would send you a free copy as people who helped me test this stuff. XD But I am not expecting this to be ready within months from now.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 3:56 pm

I made a short break before posting the Fighter ST. Now everyone can read about the possible "Dreamers" that from this point out are called the "Extera". Unfortunately the term "Dreamer" might be copyrighted by some, so me and Book came up with the "Extera" name as a new term for the pet-monsters and whatnot. Ahem, also I have given up on the whole fusion of Extera, so the only thing you can do is some breeding in order to get the best possible results. Anyway, here it is:

Intro:

The Extera are creatures brought from different dimensions that help the humans in their everyday life. The first Extera was summoned eons ago by the ancient summoners and aided in linking all of the multiple worlds together, creating what we know now as "The Chained Worlds". There are 9 worlds linked together through powerful ancient spells, however different they may be, yet still working in harmony and unison. The first world being an in-between dimension is the "Inner World" inhabitated by humans. Linked to the Elemental planes of Fire, Water, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Holy and Darkness, the human world is not only the place in which we live, but also the place where practically all races live together.

The Extera upon the summons of the Ancient Magicians have noticed that their power increases when bonded with humans. Even though this weird effect is still researched by many scientists, nobody can give a good answer for the question what is it that affects the growth of Extera, yet one thing is sure. Bonding with a human grants them power. Thus, the Extera welcomed the humans with open arms, especially that the linking of many worlds gave them access to new, powerful and unknown before spells. Currently in our age, the humans receive an egg of the Extera that they hatch and raise the little ones from the very beginning, granting the most power from the bond that happens since their birth.

Of course, unlike humans, Extera that hatch are actually fully developed creatures, both physically and mentally. When the Extera Egg is filled with enough elemental power, it hatches, releasing the creature that then takes its physical form in the world. The whole Mental State of the Extera is a copy of the knowledge granted from its parents, thus even the newborn ones have great knowledge of the past times. Their personality however is a mix of their parents with a bit of a twist from their element.

Why do the Extera actually grant their eggs to humans? Usually it is for power. Each realm inhabitated by the Extera is ruled by the Elemental Lord, being the strongest creature linked with the Realm's mana power. Such Lord has not only a high social status, but also access to the main core of Mana Power of the world, even further increasing his strength and the strength of his blood line, thus all related to him also benefit from this. While an Elemental Lord can be defeated and thus has to give up the title to his successor, it is not an easy task, thus most Extera can;t even dream of trying it. Unless of course, the humans don't grant them their bonding power....

Game Specifics:

So, every hero starting the game receives an Extera Egg item. Upon receiving such an egg he/she is eligible of becoming a hero and from that moment his journey starts. Depending on the type of game held, the characters either are still students of their academy and have to hatch the egg to release the Dreamer, OR they can be already heroes in the field with a new egg that they have to hatch.

No matter the type, the egg hatching phase is important as it allows the GM to determine how the Extera born of it will react to the player. Depending on how much elemental power is supplied to the Extera, that is how powerful his skills will become. Also how he treats his master is affected by how close and cared for was the egg.

Technically speaking, an egg hatches after a set amount of "feedings". Depending on the Egg Rank, the amount of feedings extend, so hatching the egg is harder, but allows more power.

Rank I - 10 Feedings
Rank II - 15 Feedings
Rank III - 20 Feedings
Rank S - 30 Feedings

The "feedings" also have their ranks, which are divided by Lvl 1, Lvl 2, Lvl3 and LvlS. Each feeding will increase the maximum amount of the Extera MP. For example, let's consider feeding a Fire Egg.

Basically when feeding an egg, you need to affect it with the elemental energy of its type. So, fire eggs require fire, water eggs require water, metal requires metal, light requires light, etc. So basically the levels are like this:

Lvl 1 - +10 MP (Surrounding the egg with candles, heating it with a match, putting it into the oven, etc.)
Lvl 2 - +20 MP (Showering the egg with fireballs or putting it into a fire geyser, burying it into a gigantic bonfire, etc.)
Lvl 3 - +30 MP (Dropping it into a volcano, showering it with a Firestorm or a Blazing Inferno, etc.)
Lvl S - +60 MP (Having the Elemental Lord himself grant the egg access to the Realm's Mana Stream or Absorbing a powerful high ranked artifact of similar energy as the egg)

So as you see, the more feedings the egg receives and the better quality, the more MAX MP will your Extera partner have after hatching. So an amount of MP for an Extera varies from 100 to even 1800, and that is speaking Evo1 only. You can perform only 1 feeding per in-game day. The feedings do not need to be held every day, you might want to sometimes postpone it to get the best possible results. Also note that if you are close to the egg, preferably holding it or touching, the feeding will count as a "Moral+" one, meaning that the newly hatched Extera will be more attached to you. Not being near the egg does not mean negative feelings, however you will pretty much be their "Random Human Trainer" instead of "Best Friend For Life".

Now what is Evo1? Technically speaking, every Extera has an evolution level. The egg is Evo0, the hatched egg is Evo1. Afterwards with evolution happening, you can up the Extera to Evo2 and finally Evo3. With each evolution, the Extera will gain 5 new basic skills which are a more powerful version of his previous abilities. His Max MP will also be increased by 100% from his basic form. In simple terms if an Evo1 has 100 MP, his Evo2 will have 200 and Evo3 will have 300. Also an Extera regenerates 10% Max MP each turn, so the more Max Mp he/she has, the more MP each turn will your partner recharge.

Extera in combat:

There are 3 ways to use an Extera in combat. One way is to fuse with the Extera, slightly altering your appearance. That way you gain his "Bonus" that he grants and activating your "Awakening". The bonus is usually either a stat boost or a special passive ability of some sort like "Water Walking" or "Flying" etc. Your awakening is determined by your choice when creating a character.

The second option is to use him as combat support, summoned next to you. The Extera cannot be attacked, unless with special skills that target them. Every Extera has 1 action per turn. During that time, you can order them to use any kind of ability they have. Each ability has a set MP cost, and the Extera regain 10% their max MP per turn, so sometimes you might have to command them to do nothing to regain Mana OR stick to the low-cost abilities to attack each turn.

The third option is to have them in summoning stance to prepare their ultimate attack. While doing so, the Extera will be out of the battlefield, flying above the clouds, or underground etc. gathering energy and chanting. When commanded, they will unleash their ultimate attack, usually targeting the whole field. This attack will ALWAYS consume 100% MP, so a summon like this can only be used once per 10 turns or so. Also the ultimate attack requires 3 turns of cast time when entering combat. Afterwards the Extera will just start chanting again before the mana fully recharges. In case for some reason the Extera regains all MP after using his ultimate attack, he needs 3 turns to prepare the spell.

Extera abilities:

Each Extera has 5 skills from the start and 5 that can be taught to him in the Academies. Also, a Fusion bonus and his Ultimate Attack. 11 in total. Upon evolution his starting 5 skills are all erased and replaced with evolved attacks. For example, if your Extera has a spell "Fireball" that shoots a big flaming ball at the enemy, the skill will be replaced with "Inferno" which causes a powerful fiery explosion on a wide area. So yeah, evolving an Extera pretty much only increases his/her power. If you want an Extera to have different abilities, you either need to teach them that or get a new one. Be warned however that although the extra skills can be replaced infinitely, some Extera cannot learn some skills.

Breeding Extera:

To get another Extera, you need an Egg. You can either try buying one from NPCs or defeat powerful bosses that "might" try to reborn themselves in the form of an egg to raise such an opponent as your partner. This method however is risky since the sellers will not always tell the truth to you about the egg and not every monster you defeat is powerful enough to reborn himself. Neither willing at that.

The safest way is to breed Extera. To do that, you need 2 willing Extera of different gender + some privacy for them and voila! An egg. The process of that happening will not be discussed loudly. The egg will be a mix of the parents elemental type. The rank of the egg will be their Evo rank added, divided by 2, rounded down. So basically two Evo1 give a Rank I egg, two Evo2 grant a Rank II egg, etc.

The egg can come in three types. You can get a Spiky egg, Soft Egg or Hard Egg. Spiky eggs grant an offensive Extera, Soft Eggs grant Support Extera, Hard Eggs grant defensive Extera. The egg type comes from the mother type. So a defensive Extera will grant you a Hard Egg. The father will however affect the ability, so if the father has a "Stat Boost", the newly hatched son/daughter will also grant a fusion "Stat Boost". The ability is however affected by the mother, so for a more clear example here is a small chart showing the crossings:

Spoiler:

So as you see, breeding serves a very important role for getting the best possible support. Do note however that when you get a new egg, your previous Extera will return to his realm to live among his kind, as his "training" with the human was completed. No hard feelings are held here. If you "ditch" your previous Extera for his/her Egg, there is always a chance that the new offspring will become powerful and challenge the new lord, thus your previous Extera and his family STILL benefit. That is the reason why the Extera do not hold a grudge for being replaced. Unless you decide to take not-their egg for training, then they might feel disappointed about you.

About Awakening mentioned in the text:

Awakening is the ability given to the heroes that is active from the very moment they start, granting special abilities for free. The ability comes with 3 stages and evolves with the hero as they progress with their character jobs.

Basically speaking, it looks like this:

Awakening Name:
Stage 1 Effect: (Received as 1st job)
Stage 2 Effect: (Received as 2nd job)
Stage 3 Effect: (Received as 3rd job)

The special effects do NOT stack. The ability might sometimes switch by 360 degrees upon job changing, so you should carefully plan what type of awakening you want to receive. This ability is the hidden power that activates upon fusing with your Dreamer. As the Dreamer normally sticks around you and supports you in combat, fusing with him will grant you a stat boost AND activate the Awakening. Some awakenings are simply stat boosts, some grant special effects and some are even an attack, however do note that choosing the wrong awakening might affect your whole gameplay later.

As a general rule, NPCs never carry an awakening. Only the heroes are born with this incredible power.

(A list of awakenings will be posted later once I make more than I have now)
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:32 pm

*is now more leaning towards Linker after all* ....... can we design our own awakenings or will we be limited to the selection you post? Since it's made to sound like the Awakening can be anything....
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:13 pm

If you are interested in it, why didn't you say so? You can help me design awakenings since I usually just add them when I get a good idea. Here is my current list:

**************List of Awakenings**********

Awakening Name: Water Spirit
Stage 1 Effect: +50% damage from water attacks.
Stage 2 Effect: Water attacks are absorbed by you and 25% of the damage is turned into HP.
Stage 3 Effect: All attacks are enchanted with Water in 25%.

Awakening Name: Fire Spirit
Stage 1 Effect: +50% damage from fire attacks.
Stage 2 Effect: Fire attacks are absorbed by you and 25% of the damage is turned into HP.
Stage 3 Effect: All attacks are enchanted with Fire in 25%.

Awakening Name: Wind Spirit
Stage 1 Effect: +50% damage from wind attacks.
Stage 2 Effect: Wind attacks are absorbed by you and 25% of the damage is turned into HP.
Stage 3 Effect: All attacks are enchanted with Wind in 25%.

Awakening Name: Earth Spirit
Stage 1 Effect: +50% damage from earth attacks.
Stage 2 Effect: Earth attacks are absorbed by you and 25% of the damage is turned into HP.
Stage 3 Effect: All attacks are enchanted with earth in 25%.

Awakening Name: Lightning Spirit
Stage 1 Effect: +50% damage from lightning attacks.
Stage 2 Effect: Lightning attacks are absorbed by you and 25% of the damage is turned into HP.
Stage 3 Effect: All attacks are enchanted with Lightning in 25%.

Awakening Name: Berserk
Stage 1 Effect: Cannot use any spell attacks, +50% overall damage.
Stage 2 Effect: +1 attack action.
Stage 3 Effect: All weapon damage increases by 25%.

Awakening Name: Rhythm
Stage 1 Effect: With each strike, you gain +5% damage. Bonus ends after your turn ends.
Stage 2 Effect: All multihits deal 25% more damage.
Stage 3 Effect: Successful dodge or block grants your next attack +50% damage.

Awakening Name: Focus
Stage 1 Effect: All spell damage +10%.
Stage 2 Effect: -1 action required for all skills that need more than 1 action to perform. (Cannot decrease below 1)
Stage 3 Effect: Additional Status Effects +20% chance.

Awakening Name: High Risk, High Gain
Stage 1 Effect: All damage dealt and received is doubled.
Stage 2 Effect: All damage received is doubled and all items and gold have x2 drop rate.
Stage 3 Effect: No gold or minor items are received in battle. Highly increases the chance of receiving rare and epic items.

Awakening Name:
Stage 1 Effect:
Stage 2 Effect:
Stage 3 Effect:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 5:02 pm

After a long time.... it is ready. Fighter ST is here and it gave me a few ideas how to even further improve the combat system. I guess I will fully develop the combat system of the RP once all STs are here.

...and then re-design the STs XD. Ah well, it cannot be done other way. Once the STs are done, I will have to prepare the "Can be Learned" skills for the weapons themselves.

Fighter -> Monk (adds support abilities) OR Brute (better damage)
Monk -> Chi Warrior (adds support abilities + increased Chi abilities) OR Master (adds support abilities + better defense)
Brute -> Beast (better damage + berserk abilities) OR Crusher (better damage + AoE attacks)

Class: Fighter
Stats:
- Strength 13
- Endurance 13
- Magic Defense 4
- Wisdom 6
- Vitality 14
Skills:
Martial Arts - None - Passive - All attacks without a weapon deal 2x STR damage. - Hiiiiiiyyaaaaa!!!
Spoiler:
Tiger Bite - 10 STR - At Will - Perform several punches, ending the attack with a roundhouse kick. Deals your 2x STR damage and Knocks Down. - Take this and this and that!
Spoiler:
Scorpion Sting - 10 STR - At Will - Deliver a strike into a vital spot to deal your weapon damage + STR value. 10% chance for bleeding. - Fly like a butterfly, Sting like a bee!
Spoiler:
Hunting Hawk - 10 STR - At Will - Deliver a series of kicks, ending it with a spring kick to launch the enemy into the air (slightly above your head). Deals your weapon damage + STR stat. - One, two, three, Lift off!(info)
Spoiler:
Running Suplex - 10 STR - At Will - If a movement action was used to run at the enemy, this attack can be performed and deals 2x your STR value in damage + Knock Down + Throws the enemy away. (Enemy is moved next to his starting position) - Gotcha! Now fly!
Spoiler:

Class: Monk
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+2)
- Endurance 13 (+2)
- Magic Defense 4 (+3)
- Wisdom 6 (+10)
- Vitality 14 (+8)
Skills:
Chi Control - 15 WIS, 15 VIT - At Will - Focuses inner Chi to create a small Chi Charge around your hands. This charge lasts until used up. If used with any attack, will increase its damage by 10%. You can use more than 1 charge for the attack. You can hold up to 6 charges at once. - Focus your senses....
Spoiler:
Chi Wave - 15 WIS - At Will - Sends a ranged energy ball at the enemy for weapon damage + 2x WIS. Consumes 1 Chi Charge. - Ka...Me....
Spoiler:
Soul Heal - 15 WIS - At Will - Consumes all Chi Charges for your Base Vitality stat x2. - Mind over matter....Mind over matter....
Spoiler:
Eternal Body - None - Passive - Grants +5 VIT and +5 END. - This is the training I went through years!
Spoiler:
Enlightment - 15 WIS - Passive - The user has knowledge of Chi Energy. (When asked about it, the GM provides the correct answer automatically) - Not only the body, but also the mind is important!
Spoiler:

Class: Chi Warrior
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+2) (+5)
- Endurance 13 (+2) (+5)
- Wisdom 6 (+10) (+20)
- Vitality 14 (+8) (+14)
Skills:
Body Charge - 30 WIS, 30 VIT - At Will - By wasting an action allows to increase the damage boost from all Chi Charges by +10% for the next attack. - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Spoiler:
Air Walker - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows you to run through the air for 1 turn by consuming 4 Chi Charges. Can still take all actions like if standing on the ground. - It feels like walking among the clouds!
Spoiler:
Inspire - 30 WIS - At Will - Allows you to grant 1 Chi Charge to an ally for his next attack. - My power shines upon you!
Spoiler:
Chi Barrier - 30 WIS - At Will - Consumes Chi Charges to reduce damage by 10% for each charge. - My spirit will protect me!
Spoiler:
Chi Splasher Technique - 30 WIS, 30 VIT - At Will - Deals WIS x3 damage to one enemy. Every consumed Chi Charge increases the damage modifier by +1. - Here it comes, the great technique of the Chi Warriors! CHI SPLASHER!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Master
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+2) (+5)
- Endurance 13 (+2) (+15)
- Wisdom 6 (+10) (+10)
- Vitality 14 (+8) (+14)
Skills:
Soul Radiation - 20 WIS - Passive - Magic Defense increases by 5% for each Chi Charge you hold. - The balance of energy is vital.
Spoiler:
Reverse Turn - 20 WIS 15 STR - Twice per Encounter - If an attack is heading your way, its energy will be directed back at the attacker, negating all damage twoards you. For each Chi Charge held, the attack deals +10% more damage. - Right back at ya!
Spoiler:
Infinite Poke - 20 WIS - At Will - Deals your STR stat in damage and disables an enemy action. If a Chi Charge is present, the attack can be repeated, granting you an extra Infinite Poke attack and disabling another enemy action. Each time the attack is used it consumes 4 Chi Charges. This attack ignores Status Guard but will not work against enemies with Super Armor. - A vital pressure point is here, here, here, here, here, here and here!
Spoiler:
Split Heavens - 20 WIS, 15 STR - At Will - Using Chi Power causes all flying enemies to fall down by removing air from under their wings and increasing gravity. All enemies in the air take falling damage. - I shall banish you from the heavens!
Spoiler:
Shock Palm - 20 WIS - Twice per Encounter - Slam the enemy in the face to cause your STR+WIS in damage. This attack also has a stun chance equal to your Chi Charge x5%.- Oh just shut it!
Spoiler:

Class: Brute
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+13)
- Endurance 13 (+3)
- Magic Defense 4 (+2)
- Wisdom 6 (+2)
- Vitality 14 (+5)
Skills:
Phoenix Style - Martial Arts lvl3 - At Will - Increases all damage from skills by 20%. Only one style can be active at once. This style stays in effect until deactivated. - The grace and power of the burning Phoenix!
Spoiler:
Cerberus Style - Martial Arts lvl3 - At Will - All damage received decreases by 20%. Only one style can be active at once. This style stays in effect until deactivated. - The defense and endurance of the Guard of Hell!
Spoiler:
Cheetah Style - Martial Arts lvl3 - At Will - Grants 1 extra movement action. Only one style can be active at once. This style stays in effect until deactivated. - The speed and agility of a Cheetah!
Spoiler:
Body Blaster - 25 STR - Twice per Encounter - Run at the enemy and strike him in a vital spot with your elbow supported with your second hand. This attack deals your weapon damage + STR x3 and launches the enemy into the air. (Twice your character height). The enemy is thrown further into the air by x2 the base height for each movement action you took while running to to him. - This is my best technique! Fighter's Body Blaster!!!
Spoiler:
Headlock - None - At Will - If your STR is higher than enemy STR, you can grab and hold him for as long as you wish. While in the hold neither you nor the enemy can perform any action. Any attack hitting you will break the hold. - Gotcha! Stay down...
Spoiler:

Class: Beast
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+13) (+30)
- Endurance 13 (+3) (+6)
- Magic Defense 4 (+2) (+2)
- Wisdom 6 (+2) (+2)
- Vitality 14 (+5) (+10)
Skills:
Berserk - Vit 15 - Passive - If the user receives more than 50% Max HP damage before he can act, will explode with rage and take turn at once. - This is enough!!!
Spoiler:
Combat Trance - None - At Will - For 4 turns falls into a battle trance. All dealt damage increases by 100% but cannot use any spells or skills. Styles are deactivated. - Grrrr.....GRAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!
Spoiler:
Sword Hands - Martial Arts lvl 3 - Passive - Increases damage when no weapon is equipped by 25% and can now deal slashing damage. - No scissors? That is not a problem really.
Spoiler:
Inner Beast - Martial Arts lvl 3 - Passive - Everytime you waste an action to roar or use a skill that unleashes a roar, your next attack will deal 50% more damage. - RAAAAAAAW-ekhu, khe, blargh!....I guess I swallowed a fly...
Spoiler:
Tear-Slicer - 50 STR, Martial Arts lvl3 - Once per Day - Assault an enemy with a barrage of endless blows from fist, feet, elbows and knees. This attack deals 5x your weapon damage + 2x (STR+VIT) stat. - I WILL RIP YOU TO SHREDS!!!
Spoiler:

Class: Crusher
Stats:
- Strength 13 (+13) (+20)
- Endurance 13 (+3) (+6)
- Magic Defense 4 (+2) (+2)
- Wisdom 6 (+2) (+2)
- Vitality 14 (+5) (+20)
Skills:
Back Breaker - 40 STR, Headlock lvl 3 - At Will - If the enemy is defensless and your STR stat is higher, deal 20x STR stat damage and cause Great Pain for 10 turns and Knock Down. - Got your ass!!!
Spoiler:
Neck Snap - 40 STR, Headlock lvl 3 - At Will - When running at the enemy, grab him by the head and spin around to damage all enemies around him with a kick. Deals STR stat in damage to enemies with a kick and 2x STR damage to the grabbed target. +1 to STR modifier for the grabbed enemy with each movement action you took before grabbing him/her. - Here we go-oh snap....
Spoiler:
Ground Zero - 40 STR - At Will - Slam the ground with your foot with great force to launch all enemies around you into the air. (your character height high) This attack will cover a wider area if a movement action is taken to jump beforehand. - Quake!
Spoiler:
Earth Render - 40 STR - At Will - Smash the ground with your fist to send a shockwave ripping through it forward. Deals 2x your STR value in Earth damage. Increases damage by x2 if from jump action. Increases the speed of the attack if done from a movement run action and the attack does not stop on the enemy. - You are not running away!!!
Spoiler:
Cosmic Launcher - 40 STR, Martial Arts lvl 3, Body Blaster lvl 3 - Once per Day - Deliver an uppercut punch that will take the enemy flying into the clouds. This attack deals 5x your weapon damage + 2x STR value. The falling damage from this attack is high. Increases the height of the launch with each movement action taken before the attack. - I'll send you to hell.... er.... Heaven!!!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 pm

I will probably extend the item system even more, but for now, here is the ready part of it. I will update on this later.

The item system is divided into these specific groups:

1. Expendable Items - These are Potions, Gold, Items that break after usage. Basically anything that is used and forgotten afterwards. They usually have a set limit of times they can be used. While in your "Base of Operations" (House, Inn, Castle, Tent, Academy Room, etc.) there is no limit to how many items you can carry. Do note however that whenever leaving into the field, you can carry a maximum of 2 items at once. In order to carry more items you will need equips that grant you extra item slots.

2. Frames - As weird as it sounds, those are basically Armors & Weapons. A small weapon or piece of clothing has no slots, thus it is not a frame. However bigger weapons and armors have "slots" for other items, thus then become Frames. A Frame usually can occupy practically any part of your body that is free. When put there, it will take the body slot fully and from now on the frame can be used in combat and carried around. Do note that any kind of frame can be put into any slot. That means you can put a sword on your head even and it can be used in combat, no matter how awkward it sounds. The same happens with armor. If all body parts are covered with armor frames, you cannot use any weapons, even with your hands. Of course certain armor parts like Gloves have extra slots to carry weapons in them. Certain body parts when occupied will grant negative effects but that shall be discussed later.

3. Socket Items - Those are items that can be used ONLY when put into a frame. For example, a "Shard of Agility" will not work when held in your hand, although that way it occupies a body slot. Putting it into a frame on your weapon or armor however WILL make it work. Some socket items grant a skill or attack even.

4. Non-Frame weapons and armors - Those are the low-quality or small items that occupy body slots. For example a Short Sword is a weapon held in your hand that has an attack skill. On the other hand "Chain Mail" is armor that just increases your END. As useless as they might seem later in the game, they have one huge advantage. They can be socketed into frames! A frame can also be socketed into another frame, however it will grant a heavy penalty for the user. Weapons and Armors that have no extra sockets are not considered frames, thus you can, for example, put a sword in your sword, so you can slash while you slash.

About Body Parts:

The body of a character has slots for putting items. These slots can all carry armor as well as a weapon, so practically speaking nobody can stop you from attaching a short sword to all of your free body parts and spinning around to cut everything. Yet each slot has modifiers that change the abilities of the items put in them so it is wiser to equip a boot on your leg and a sword in your hand. Here are the slots:

Head - All weapons damage is reduced by 50%
Chest - All weapons damage is reduced by 50%
Abdomen - All weapons damage is reduced by 75%
Waist - All weapons damage is reduced by 25%
Back - All weapons damage is reduced by 50%
Right Arm - All weapons damage is reduced by 25%
Right Forearm - All armor END is reduced by 25%
Right Hand - All armor END is reduced by 75%
Left Arm - All weapons damage is reduced by 25%
Left Forearm - All armor END is reduced by 25%
Left Hand - All armor END is reduced by 75%
Right Thigh - All weapon damage is reduced by 50%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1
Left Thigh - All weapon damage is reduced by 50%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1
Right Shin - All weapon damage is reduced by 25%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1
Left Shin - All weapon damage is reduced by 25%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1
Right Foot - All weapon damage is reduced by 75%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1
Left Foot - All weapon damage is reduced by 75%, equipping armor reduces movement actions by 1

And here is a Graphic showing the slots.

So as you see, you have a lot of body slots to put frames into. The penalties are not that bad, so it grants a lot of customization for the character. Also, some items will have an ability called "No penalty if equipped on X". So let's say you get "Leather Boots". Their ability will be "No penalty if equipped on R/L Foot".

Also do note that equipping an item into a frame does NOT cause any penalties. So in other words, you can put armor on your sword to increase your END for the full bonus, even if the sword is held in your hand. Similar, armor that has slots can equip a sword into it without the negative bonus. The Frames are treated as if the "slots" are situated in a position that does NOT hinder your abilities, thus the reason why the penalty is evaded. Of course actual armors with slots cost relatively more than normal boots or gloves.

Also your STR limits the amount of items equipped on you. Your total STR value is the total points you have for items. To make it easier to understand, let's say your Warrior has 40 STR. You got a Sword requiring 5 STR, and armor that needs 10 STR. That means you are using up 15 STR from your 40 STR limit, thus you still have 25 points for your equips.

So what exactly happens when a frame is socketed into a frame? Usually each part has a STR requirement to be wielded. Some weapons and armors have low STR cost, some even 0, meaning you can put them as you wish. The heavier the part, the more STR it requires. When socketing a frame into a frame, the STR cost is doubled for the socketed frame because it throws the whole item off balance.

As an example, let's use that previous 40 STR Warrior. If you have armor worth 10 STR, and two Sword Frames, both for 15 STR, it means that you will need 10 + 15 + 15x2 which equals 55 STR. In other words, the sword cannot be equipped, even without the armor.

In theory you would think that the more weapons you equip, the more offensive you are right? Well, your damage doesn't really drastically increase with each sword you attach to your body really. I'll explain that by weapon abilities. Here is the usual chart:

Spoiler:

As an example, let me show you a short sword and a leather boot.

Name - Short Sword
Ability - 3 hit combo (15 damage, slashing, 10% chance to cause bleeding)
Type - Weapon
Requirement - 5 STR

Name - Leather Boot
Ability - +2 END, No penalty if equipped on R/L Foot
Type - Armor
Requirement - 0 STR

Easy right? As you see, the Short Sword requires 5 STR to use, meaning that it weights a bit. On the other the Leather Boot does not weight at all, and yet it adds extra END. Better to wear armor than not, right? An example of a Frame weapon would look like this:

Name - Seven Suns Saber
Ability - Overall damage +150, 60 hit combo (350 damage + 2x(STR+WIS), slashing, 30% bleeding chance, 10% Stun chance, 60% Great Pain chance), Flame Aura (Activates at will. If activated, all weapon attacks of the Seven Suns Saber and its socket weapons deal additional 50 damage from Fire and have a 50% chance to cause burning status)
Type - Weapon, Frame (6 sockets)
Requirement - 60 STR, WIS Stat must be at least 50, cannot be used by 1st job, requires two body slots.

Yeah, a bit overkill, but you get the idea I guess. In "Type" you can see if the item is a frame and how many sockets it has. If a weapon occupies two body slots it usually means it is a double handed weapon, however with the right armor, you can attach a part of it to some other part on the body, just be careful since you ARE socketing a Frame, which means you will need additional 60 STR wasted. Or sacrifice some of the weapon abilities.

Speaking of abilities, I bet you already noticed both the Short Sword and Seven Suns Saber do not have any "Attack" or "Damage" stat. Instead of granting purely attack, each weapon has a specific attack which is known as a "Weapon Attack". The attack will state how much damage it deals and any extra effects along with it. If a skill states it does "Weapon Damage + something" it usually refers to one of the attacks of your chosen weapon. If you have more than one weapon or the weapon has more than one attack, the player is the one deciding which weapon he will be using and which attack it will be for his desired skill. So in other words, depending on the situation, the player can use the same skill once with the sword and once with the hammer. All damage, modifiers and status effects from the weapon pass to the skill whenever it mentions weapon damage.

So, I bet that many of you that are interested in equipment for the character are already thinking "Man, my character will be so broken now!" or "I will equip Heavy Chest armor EVERYWHERE on the body". First of all, you have to take into account that Chest Armor will not have the ability "No penalty if equipped on X", so putting two Chain Mail shirts on your legs will make you lose 2 movement actions by default, although granting protection. What does it mean? That you need to waste 3 actions every time you want to move once. Not that fun now, eh? Unless you can teleport, heavily armoring yourself like some tank is not that good an idea.

Similar with weapons. Although you can put a weapon on any body part, you still have only 2 actions that you can use to attack with only one weapon at once. Unless you have skills that allow using every single weapon during one action, stocking up on weapons is not that good an idea. So basically, the balance between armor and weapons has to be thought through carefully.

On a side note, is it better to use up every single point of STR to equip stuff? Or is it better to leave some free points? That one is for the player to decide. Theoretically speaking nothing bad will happen if you use up all 40 points with your 40 STR Warrior, however what will happen if.... a Rune Edge attacks you?

Some spells and skills are debuffs. Those can decrease your STR value below your equipment needs sometimes. What happens then? You will start suffering side effects from heavy equipment. Basically speaking the equipment that needs the most STR to be held is affected first. There are two rules about it:
- If it is a weapon, it and all of its sockets become disabled and cannot be used at all. The weapon is just too heavy to wield and will just lie down on the ground until your strength returns.
- If it is armor, it disables you from performing any actions except for "take armor off". You will need to sacrifice a full action to take it off. Also, if the armor is heavier than half your total STR, you cannot take it off and just have to wait for help. Your Extera can help you take the armor off for the cost of his 1 action and yours though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)   Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thomas' Game Project thread (possible RP system as well)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next