Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)

Go down 
+6
Agent of Chaos
Toast
ThomasWindar
Cybeast Worshipper
Desertbandit
Xellious Noon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138898

Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) Empty
PostSubject: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:54 am

I shared this with just about everyone in the CB, but for those hard to catch (like Ky) and generally for the sake of not forgetting this idea surfaced, here's one topic.

It's nothing solid, I'm gathering ideas. I need more ideas people, if this is to take off.... but how it'd work:

-25 years into the future, the current generation of heroes has become the stuff of legends and, one by one, retired. The world has been peaceful for most of that time and for lack of any exciting adventures to occupy them, they all found something else to do besides saving the world. Like Bookman that devoted life to his library and family.

-Oh yeah, family time. The heroes actually set their priorities straight and now they've raised one (or more?) talented young children (maybe young adults?) that'll become heroes. The next generation of heroes and the actual stars of this RP, learning what being a hero is all about, what powers they inherited, and what their unique abilities and talents are.

-Because the young heroes are the focus, they won't even see their parents for most of the time. >.> Except flashbacks. But really, I want to stress this part for consistency's sake. They're really starting from scratch so they're not gonna display world-shaking powers or wield soul-stealing swords... sounds right huh? Now, the kinds of challenges they face wouldn't be challenges at all if even one of the former generation of heroes was with them to take the lead and fight their battles for them.

-There are exceptions to the above rule, as the kids can use a mentor character. Some heroes also have no chance of reproducing (not always through their fault XD) so their kids won't join the story.

The heroes whose kids will star in the story, so far, are...
Bookman, Magnus, Zeru, Kyrin, Shinato, SX, (Seth's char?)

The mentors so far are....
Guy, DB and Seth. But Allen and Python MIGHT be mentors at some point as well.

For everyone else I'll be deciding on a one on one basis. I made it 25 years so that some underage heroes (like Python and Cross) could potentially grow adult and have kids in their teens.

You can have more than one kid and even more than one family... if your imagination is that productive to make the new ones. XD

(Character Outline at this point)

Spoiler:

............... I still need more ideas, as I said. I'm thinking that in addition to the Powers and Heritage, all of the heroes have some experience in fighting, whether it's been through sports, martial arts, or simply street brawling. That in turn can bring them together as all the heroes suddenly send the kids onto a training camp. There, fighters from different ages can meet.

What kind of adventure starts from there, we'll see.

EDIT: Other idea.

A tower like in Teen Titans. The heroes have stayed in contact those 25 years, so their kids know each other. And they have their own place for when they want some freedom from the parents, where they can virtually do what they want. Including play heroes. Traveling as far as planet Earth or maybe just North America.

This way the previous generation doesn't have to retire altogether. They can still watch over Earth, but when something small pops up... "Naah, let the kids do it." They'd only step in when some bigger trouble is brewing.

And so long as the kids are a team, their unequal power levels aren't such a big weakness compared with the teamwork and versatility they bring in when everybody specializes in something new.

Last edited by Ace Smith on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Desertbandit
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Desertbandit

Male

Activity Points : 44849

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey since I am a mentor...do I have to fill in the profile?
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71237

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:27 pm

Yes you do; your title doesn't give you the rights to walk over us!

This isn't cannon, huh?
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42691

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:33 pm

.....this looks interesting. You think you can GM it out Book? :3 I might be interested in this one actually as well.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 pm

I was actually thinking the mentors don't fill out the profile. Possibly because they have too many powers to list, or they are so obscure. Almost anything goes, thankfully, for the sole reason that they're not gonna appear often and so can't destabilize the story.

You too SX? Awesome... be my guest. I'm really curious as to what you're gonna ready up.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 64260

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:31 pm

I'm in, if I can have both a Mentor character and a Next Gen.
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
Desertbandit
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Desertbandit

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Quote :
I was actually thinking the mentors don't fill out the profile. Possibly because they have too many powers to list, or they are so obscure. Almost anything goes, thankfully, for the sole reason that they're not gonna appear often and so can't destabilize the story.

C´mon man give us mentors some room to , maybe some kind of side story or something that is part of the main story .

Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47434

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Desertbandit wrote:
Quote :

C´mon man give us mentors some room to , maybe some kind of side story or something that is part of the main story .

the Mentors ARE already part of the main story.
Back to top Go down
Desertbandit
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Desertbandit

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:20 pm

Ragna wrote:
Desertbandit wrote:
Quote :

the Mentors ARE already part of the main story.

I know what you mean but Bookman say they will not appear that often so that kind of bothered me a bit.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:23 am

<.<
They will have their screentime. I just don't know how much. I know I want to keep the ratio "Kids" > "Mentors" > "Parents". They're the stars of the show, but they'll need guidance all the same. One mentor per mission they undertake will be plenty.

Which goes to say that having both a Kid and a valid Mentor character has its benefits. I'll probably allow it, for some people at least.

Also. I'm making an outline for the Mentors (Parents only answer two extra questions, the ones marked with *, but they use the same Template)

Spoiler:

There is no list of "Powers" because for Mentors and Parents, anything goes, really. I'm not limiting what you have, so long as you don't steal the show and kill the baddies that the Kids need for EXP, right?

You can start posting the profiles here so I'll know if the undecided people want to be Mentors or Parents and who has the Kid( Heroe)s. Meanwhile... are we agreed on the Teen Titans theme - if so, who wants to design their base? XD
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 64260

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:44 am

Alright. I guess I'll post my mentor for now...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 am

Lii's fine.

I forgot to mention, 'Wanderer' really is an option in the 'Home Base' field. I'll pick one of you guys when sending the heroes on a mission to a region of the world none of the other mentors are actually stationed in. So it works out in the end.

EDIT: Bookman (Parent)

Spoiler:

Nike

Spoiler:

David

Spoiler:

Spectro (Mentor)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Bookman on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Desertbandit
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Desertbandit

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:12 am

Okay then here is mine.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47434

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:42 am

Well I was bored and thinking something along the lines of the Heroes of Old being in a jam. Like defeated or captured or under someones control. And its upto the new generation to stop the new threat.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Sounds good ZM. I could use that scenario sometime... OvO

DB is fine. He'll make a good mentor - for some reason I can perfectly picture him as Kakashi...

Anyhow, one thing to clear up about Powers vs Heritages. Heritage is something the hero receives as a gift from his/her parents (Zeru's sword, In Flames, if he passed it on, would be good) or something that comes as benefit of the bloodline, especially for non-human races (Zeru's demonic blood would give a boost to all stats, and his famous skin developing). The origin of heritage comes from the parent.

Powers, on the other hand, have their source in the hero's innate potential for heroism. Everybody has some powers that await the time to be awakened, then mastered. Over time, the heroes will train to make better use of their powers. They earn it, instead of receiving it as a gift.

Spellcasting ability (in general) is a power. The heritage when born from a spellcasting parent is a Spellcasting Talent, which boosts all spells the character will be casting. Similarly, you can't pass on the knowledge of fighting styles through blood, but you can inherit a talent for learning martial arts.

A boost from the bloodline grows at a steady pace with age. An item received as heritage essentially functions at full power all the time, unless you include a trial or quest before the item fully obeys the hero. You will be getting more heritages as well as more powers, but at the start the heroes have one heritage and powers as I listed them above.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Alright, I join with a kid character:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71237

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 pm

... in 25 years; I'll have to see. Cause Magnus doesn't really... age well. He's been alive for the last couple centuries or so.

I'll find a way around this... >>;;;
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122652

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Mentor and Child profile right here =D If you don't want any more mentors, I'll switch to a Parent profile~

Mentor:

Spoiler:

Child:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 7:58 pm

Huh...... Nike looks so modest with her damage boost compared to these two kids.

Shinato is accepted. Aisan and Cashmere are fine except their heritages are..... bluntly put, potentially overkill. I already know from SX that the notebook is a summoning power instead of reality manipulation, so that's a plus. But still, preparing 60 attacks in advance that Aisan could shoot at the drop of a hat is a good tactic to bring down an offensive boss quickly.

I was thinking 'level of detail means power', but now with his fighting style (one ability so that's proficient level, huh?) I've changed my mind. If the notebook feeds on Aisan's energy in order to summon the drawings into reality, then more energy poured into them gives them more power and all works well.

I have an idea of Azrael's Plume, so I'll be watching Azrael's Feather. All the restrictions imposed on it make it workable... I'd throw in that Cashmere can only invoke it once per day.

Other than that, your heritages are good. They're powerful but not overkill.... <v<

I should mention something. Everyone begins with one heritage, and if it's stronger than it grows (if it can) more slowly - if it can't grow then you'll receive your new heritage later than the others with weaker heritages get their next ones. That's the balancing issue here, especially for gifts from parents ("when the time comes, when he/she's ready, I'll make a present of it).

Power is relative. Depending on what heritages the others choose, I'll just make a list of strongest to weakest and go along with that for checking who gets a new heritage and when. You might turn out to be getting more if the others go with strong heritages as well (David will be an interesting case here).
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:40 am

In that case I'll already state this:
- The heritage Aisan receives is the final version, it cannot grow more powerful.
- It doesn't use any energy at all. I'll just type out all drawings he has in there in my profile or something.
- Drawing is time consuming. He carries 60 attacks for like....the whole mission if they go out somewhere remember. Besides, I prefer writing down what he has in that notebook for balancing issues. It would be weird if he could summon something from the notebook that was so conveniently the boss' main weakness, and incredibly rare.

Do remember that while 60 drawings might seem overkill, it pretty much lasts for the whole mission. Sure, 60 attacks at the boss will be good, but he has to GET TO THE BOSS first, so unless there are only boss fights, I doubt he can just save all the 60 pages. And besides, not everything is a freakin attack.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 am

A folder with 60 attacks (and not all of them attacks) and no refresh until a rest period? Alright. That's an acceptable alternative. I'll still need to figure out the damage output and priority, but this works.

Bookman, Nike and David are all up (see page 1). If you need examples read and learn, you might get some good ideas too.

....... nobody's said anything but I assume there's no opposition to the Teen Titans alike group and tower idea. It's convenient because it'll allow for an episodic structure of missions, small objectives and training sessions not necessarily connected to each other, so members can swap out or hop along with whatever they have interest in or currently time for. It lets the group split into two groups or more, if there's enough folks, and complete different objectives at the same time.

I still need ideas for the missions themselves. I liked ZM's idea about putting the elder heroes in need of rescuing, and I have one not-necessarily combat oriented, but I still need more. Well?
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122652

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am

Well, why not just limit the heroes to children? Perhaps some of the older villains who've survived have kids of their own that could serve as opponents?
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Desertbandit
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Desertbandit

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 am

Okay here are a few.

1 Infiltration mission
2 tournament
3 Searching around town for something very important
4 Stealing the School´s answers for the next test.
5 A treat from outer space
6 Some villian turned humanity against the heroes ...and a hero cant punch a innoncent person right=
7An evil professor has been collecting Data of the heroes for years and then he installed it into some kind of biological Android who is green and is named....Dell .
8 Zombie outbreak
9 TIME travel
10 Gigantic super robots
11 Stuff they have to do for Mentors

Ill give you more later maybe.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:40 am

XDDDD That's a ton. I knew I could count on you DB. I'll definitely use as many of these as I can fit into the scenarios. Of course it'll also depend on which heroes we'll bring along.
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

Custom Title : Glitterbug
Activity Points : 41954

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 6:21 am

Will they be having to go to school? =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)   Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Gen (OOC Topic; Off Canon, 25 Years in the Future)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next