Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)

Go down 
+4
Leosocial
Delta
Haniaethol
ThomasWindar
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42696

Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) Empty
PostSubject: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Alright, so Master Gear is not giving me enough test data, so I am starting a new RP to gather a bit more data for my RP system.

Who would be interested in a new RP GMed by me? Here are the details:

Story:

Welcome to Soaria! The World divided by great wars, now at peace. The delicate balance of power between kingdoms is soon to be broken yet again by one of the Kingdoms. Nevertheless...nobody knows which kingdom wants to start the war again.

For the purpose of maintaining balance and cleaning the land out of various dangers, each Kingdom is preparing their own army of special warriors, called the Soul Hunters. These people can use special powers, based of the souls they acquire through the hunt. Having special privileges, they travel the world looking for rare Souls and solving problems. Now, the Soul Hunters are yet again called to duty to investigate, leaving only the fresh newbies in their Kingdoms, preparing themselves for challenges.....and collecting Souls!

But there is more than meets the eye......

Unknown1: So.....when does it start?
Unknown2: I guess soon. We are still preparing for it.
Unknown1: How much longer?
Unknown2: About a year. We need to gather supplies....
Unknown1: .....good. Continue.

Game System:

We shall be using again the similar mechanic as Master Gear, however more leisurely. It will mainly feature:
- The stats system.
- Domination system (no HP for players)
- Combo system.
- Improved Skill Tree system.
- Soul Skill system.

Now, to put it in simpler terms. Each player has to choose a Kingdom, out of 5 available ones. Each Kingdom grants different privileges and starting equipment.

Kingdom of Dukany
Spoiler:

Kingdom of Rosa
Spoiler:

Kingdom of Aera
Spoiler:

Terran Republic
Spoiler:

Kingdom of Gorna
Spoiler:

The RP will lack the item creation system to make it simpler though. Instead, you will receive a Skill Tree based on the class you choose. You will also be able to equip up to 5 "Souls" which will be your items. These souls will do various things. They might increase your stats, add special effects or even new skills to use. Equipping them and unequipping can be done in any safe place between missions. You are however restricted to 5 souls at once.

Also about the Skill Tree system. Every skill will be "at-Will" used. Also, every skill tree will show you all of the class skills at once. During the course of RP, you will receive ST points to learn new skills and CST points to adjust the known skills. However this time, you will be able to choose HOW the skill evolves, and it can be modified an infinite amount of times.

Now, about the classes. Although the classes might suggest something, the Soul Hunters do NOT wear specific clothes/armor or use specific weapons. Your character can be dressed anyway and can use any weapon you wish. The skills are energy attacks made out of Soul Energy.

Combat:

In combat, you can chain your ST skills and Soul skill with weapon attacks however you wish, with just 2 restrictions.

1) If the attack states it somehow moves you or the enemy, the next chained attack has to somehow link with it. For example, if you had an attack that sends the enemy flying high, you cannot use an earthquake attack, but have to chain it with something that either makes you pursuit the enemy into the air, or shoot at him.

2) You cannot repeat the same skill twice in the post. If for example you use "Soul Buster", you can link it with "Soul Kick", but you cannot use "Soul Buster" again in that post.

Available classes:
- Weapon Master (Uses his Soul Powers to create various weapons to attack the enemy and to defend himself)
- Guard (Uses his Soul Powers to create shields and barriers that block damage and reflect it back at the enemy. Also specializes in counter attacks)
- Elementalist (Uses Soul Powers to bend the natural elements of the world and adjust the world to his will)
- Psy Warrior (Uses Soul Powers to dominate enemy will and create illusions)
- Ranger (Uses Soul Power to attack the enemy at a distance with various long range attacks)
- Demon (Uses Soul Power to summon dark forces that dominate the battle field with brutal attacks)
- Enchanter (Uses Soul Power to increase his physical abilities, applying damage only with his weapons and body, yet with more power than humans or monsters)
- Emperor (Has mixed abilities for offense, defense and support, yet does not specialize in anything specific)

Skill Tree

- Weapon Master
Spoiler:

- Guard
Spoiler:

- Elementalist
Spoiler:

- Psy Warrior
Spoiler:

- Ranger
Spoiler:

- Demon
Spoiler:

- Enchanter
Spoiler:

- Emperor
Spoiler:

Anyway, you can post if you are interested, I will be updating the Kingdoms, their privileges and the Skill Trees with time. Anybody in for the RP? It will be however much simpler than Master Gear.

Last edited by Curia on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:39 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Haniaethol

Haniaethol

Female

Activity Points : 25321

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:58 pm

Hello there. ^_^ I'm definitely interested in joining. =D I'm leaning toward an Elementalist or a Psy Warrior. Very awesome concepts, indeed. =]
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Haniaethol
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55745

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm totally game, I really enjoy the skill system from Master Gear. And maybe I'll enjoy this one slightly more without the Magi-Tech item creation. XD

It's fun, but just kinda tedious to come up with the ideas and find the correct parts to make the item you want.
Back to top Go down
Haniaethol

Haniaethol

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:06 pm

NES is too lazy to log out of my account, but he says he calls dibs on the Demon. XD
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm thinkin either Weapon Master or Enchanter
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

Activity Points : 38685

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:27 pm

I have un-lazy'd and call dibs on Demon. XD
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138903

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:42 am

I call the Psy Warrior. For once I'll go true with my specialty. Back then it was Guy trying to play the illusionist (I'm referring to the RP where Nike got Carnage) so I'll take that route and show him how it's done. More data to practice the Psy Warrior's style will only improve the future RPs when a similar class appears.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:05 am

The Kingdoms are now updated. You can see which ones you fancy. Remember that your "Privileges" do NOT work in other countries, unless they share the same privilege. You do NOT gain privileges by traveling to different countries.

For example. If you come from the Terran Republic and visit Kingdom of Dukany, you will NOT have free stays at INNs, making you pay for them. Yet, you will NOT be able to push people around, even if they are peasants or slaves. You still however have access to the dangerous areas and to the castle.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:38 pm

The skill tree for Weapon Master is ready.

I'll also use this post to explain something about skill trees.

You start knowing ALL of those moves. That is right, you have access to all of your attacks from the start. You can use them, chain them, etc. So how do you become stronger? By customizing the skills. As you can see, the skills are neither flashy, nor too powerful. That is your low power due to being right out of your training.

During the course of the RP you will be receiving ST points. You can spend those points to increase the ability of your skills. You can CHOOSE how the skill evolves, and you can change it an infinite amount of times. The description of the skill will always change according to what the skill can do. If the skill states that it "Slashes with a sword", it exactly "Slashes with a sword".

I'll give an example.

Let's say that you use Weapon Master. You gained 3 ST points and you wonder what to choose. You like your Ethereal Blade and abuse it a lot, so you decide to increase its damage, make it poison the enemy and recover your HP over time. The result skill description would be this then:

"Ethereal Blade - Summon a sword into your hand from ethereal matter. The blade can be used to cut both physical and non-physical matter with incredible sharpness and can be used to block. The blade is poisonous and shines an aura that slowly heals your wounds. This skill works until is deactivated. "

Now you understand how the ST works? You can make the skills into whatever you wish by customizing them and stating HOW you want the skill to evolve.

And just as an end note. Remember that the more attack skills a class has, the bigger combos he can perform. You cannot use the same skill twice during your post, so those that have a lot of attacks can perform long combos for huge damage. Weapon Master definitely can perform the most combos possible although he suffers a lack of support skills.

EDIT:

Skill tree for Guard is ready.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Dang you SX.... Guard has so many defensive skills he actually makes me wonder if I should choose Psy Warrior. And...... Kingdom of Rosa has free access to Libraries? That's powerful bait.

....... *is waiting for more of those skill trees* Now I really wonder what we'll be getting with the other classes. Soul Rend covers Telekinesis among its powers too? But would Teleportation fit anywhere among those? <.<
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Elementalist and Psy Warrior have their Skill Trees already. I'll make the rest later.

EDIT:

Ranger ST is ready.

EDIT2:

Demon ST is ready.

EDIT3:

Corrected the number of skills for Ranger ST.

EDIT4:

Enchanter ST is ready.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:40 pm

YES!! ALL STs are ready! Now, please review them and choose your fancy.

Character Sheet:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Name: Richie (Richard Silverspoon)
Appearance: Bright blonde hair a'la Draco Malfoy, blue eyes, thin cheeks, royal eagle nose, slim build, rather short for his age. Dresses extravagant in a full white uniform with silver buttons on the shirtfront, the sleeves around the wrists, tied with a black belt with an amethyst planted in the buckle. Polished gold shoes unfit for the outdoors.
Weapon: An oversized hairbrush that's like a small handaxe but can still be used the regular way to brush his hair if it gets messed up.
Class: Psy Warrior
Kingdom: Rosa
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71242

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:41 am

Ranger sounds badass... tag me down for that cause it doesn't seem like there's an agile dude enough for me.

I'll read more through this.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:09 am

Name: Zephyr Flint
Appearance: Traditional cowboy outfit; black cowboy hat, leather vest, white long sleeved garment underneath, dirty dress pants, all purpose boots and a duster coat to cover his body.
Weapon: Customized bow made of ancient wood fetched from the deepest strongest trees in monster infested woods. A wolf head sprouts out the middle of the bow from the wood.
Class: Ranger
Kingdom: Kingdom of Gorna

Had me sold at "friends with monsters".

Gonna edit in my outfit in a sec, but is it possible to have something like a revolver? Or does that totally skew the Ranger ST?

Last edited by Cybeast Worshipper on Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:47 am

There are no such sophisticated weapons as revolvers in Soaria. You have to agree on a normal, non-mechanical weapon.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Name: Rivvem
Appearance: Rivvem has short blonde hair and bright blue eyes. He wears a very regal outfit that resembles a Chinese martial artist's clothing. The jacket is made from green silk while the pants are white.
Weapon: Rivvem wields a greatsword whose blade resembles a large meat cleaver.
Class: Emperor
Kingdom: Kingdom of Aera
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:52 pm

Name: Sylvia Leniant
Appearance: Loose clothing, pants, a shirt that's a bit too long, and a sash over it. Long dirty-blond hair, let loose, rather windblown and unkempt
Weapon: none
Class: Weapon Master
Kingdom: Aera
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:27 pm

Everything seems fine for now. I will be preparing a lot of stuff for tomorrow.

Oh yeah, Magnus.....would it be too much if I asked for another Sub Forum for the RP? We are also waiting for Haniaethol to reply with a character sheet.

None the less, the RP starts.....in 24 hours perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Leosocial

Leosocial

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 pm

EIDT: I are stupid. XD
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 pm

We should perhaps try to get some more people, no? Advertise it a bit cause you'll be getting the same people plus one. XD

And yeah, you're the RP Mod. I'll get that set up for you right away.

Also I'll update in a sec.
Back to top Go down
Haniaethol

Haniaethol

Female

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Name: Deltora.
Appearance: Minus the gun, of course. =]
Spoiler:
Weapon: Double-sided Bardiche.
Class: Elementalist.
Kingdom: Gorna.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Well in that case, I'll leave advertising to Book, since he is always on the CB or most of the time.

Tomorrow I will prepare some additional stuff for the RP. Nevertheless the starting party will be able to start already, since the others can always join at a later date or something. This won't be a super fast RP, since this time I am experimenting with a vast world.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:15 pm

It should be up now; check with me everyone if you can see it.

I also finished my form.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:18 pm

I see it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)   Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Hunter (OOC topic, Sign-ups, FTJ)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next