Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) Empty
PostSubject: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:53 pm

I haven't GMed in a while, so to break this streak I've compiled all the stuff that was fun into a casual pace RP. Anyone remembers the old Royal Dreaming Academy? Well, I'm revamping the idea with a few twists to make it fun. Just for the note, the only "stat" system we use is the "skills" the character has. Otherwise we just fight by RPing.

Story:

"Welcome to the Royal Extera Academy! The world of Esthera was broken after the war, spewing monsters of uncontrollable amounts into the human realms and now, we need heroes! HEROES!!! That is why the REA was created! Many old legendary heroes are now training young men and women into being h powerful warriors, magicians and miscellaneous *coughthievescough*, man I should really quit smoking...

In our academy, young kids gain +10 to beefiness, smartass and even fire resistance. Erm... the last one is kinda important here... AND MORE!!! That is why all of you gathered here, shall one day become known as the greatest heroes that helped cleanse our land of evil! You will gain power, riches, social standings! ...and maybe even get laid... AHEM!!! So be prepared for ANYTHING that will happen here!!!

And with the fact that I, the Academy Master Sentis Seinta, am now here to wish you luck on your journey, is a sweet opportunity! BECAUSE EVERYONE HERE IS A HERO!!! So GO!!! And become the strongest of strong! The smartest of smart! And the... well, you know the rest. Good luck!"

And greeted like that in front of the crowd, every character receives his own room in the dorm, shared with 4 other people + his own Extera and a starting weapon. The aim of the game is to learn abilities, train your hero, do quests given on a weekly basis and get laid. (just kidding, the last one is not the goal of the game)

System mechanics:

Every character receives an Extera, a starting weapon and to make our characters special, each of you can also choose an "Artifact" that is whatever I make up after seeing your character. Unlike other students, you will have the advantage of the artifact that will grant you a sick power on a moody base.

Here's your outline, just to make this easy:

Quote :

Name:
- Type (animal, fire, mechanical, spoon based, etc.)
- Offensive, Defensive, Supportive, Multi (Delete unnecessary. Multi is all 3 types at once. You can have a double type too if you wish too.)
Starting weapon:
- (sword, axe, etc.)
Starting Artifact:
(you will receive 3 artifacts to choose from, once you decide to add a character. They will match your Extera and starting weapon choice so be aware of that)

Anyway, there are no more classes to attend to. Also the Extera are basically your "Summon Spell". They will learn their own custom special attacks and they only appear for combat. You can use only ONE Extera spell per encounter battle, however there is no limits for daily usage.

Skills have a "At will", "X time per Encounter" and "X times Daily" limit. During one post, you can mix as many "At Will" attacks as you wish in any order, but only one "encounter/daily" skill at once.

How the RP functions:

We will run a "Main Topic" that is the academy grounds. If you go on a quest (with a party or solo) you will gain a different topic to not have two people clutter the academy one if someone is going slower. Only one quest topic can be made at once, so better quest in large groups or you will be stuck for training.

During the quest you cannot change equips or learn skills unless for plot reasons. You will gain loot and special "points" when you finish the quest. You shall be graded of course.

In the Academy you can spend your money, sell loot and learn extra skills for yourself or your Extera. You can also craft items. Crafting is extremely simplified so don't worry about it. Learning skills is also just choosing a "mentor" that shall teach you a skill related to his profession. For example, a Magician mentor grants spells, while a Knight will teach you defensive art.

During quests you will gain points of different kind, depending on how you are graded. These points are:
- Power Point - You can spend it when performing an attack. It awakens your attack to become insanely powerful just this once and do amazing stuff. Gained through exploiting enemy weaknesses and striking heavy critical hits.
- Joker Point - You can spend it to perform a super dodge or super critical hit IF you do it in a comical manner. It's always a dodge or always a critical hit, no matter what the enemy does. Gained by goofing around.
- Luck Point - You can spend it to perform an action with 100% effectiveness, even if the action was impossible unless you had super luck. Gained by being overall an awesome RPer, being descriptive and having a deep character.
- Offensive/Defensive/Supportive Point - Gained by using a lot of Offensive/Defensive/Supportive actions. You can spend these points on learning new skills or enhancing your existing ones. You will never know how the enhancement will work but it will always make the skill stronger. You can enhance a skill an infinite number of times.
- Extera Point - Gained by defeating a Boss Extera enemy. You can spend it to teach your Extera a new ability.

Anyway, after every quest completes you shall be given these points. Luck points can be also gained in the Academy by role playing. While in the academy you might sometimes encounter situations in which you can learn free skills or do stuff other than fighting, so not going for a quest doesn't mean the character will be left behind. But I encourage taking quests. You can do that any time by stating you are checking the "Quest Board".

Your teachers:

The Knight - Kingston Artturn
The Sorcerer - Merlan Merdinus
The Thief - Snatch Goldbar
The Archer - Robstin the Hooded
The Druid - Panoramus Gallis
The Priest - Princina Mushrooma

Every time you complete a quest, a new Teacher will be added, granting you access to more sophisticated skills. Be aware that you might also speak with other students in the academy via random encounters that "might" teach you an extra skill. Not free of charge that is, but without O/D/S points required. If you want to learn from a Mentor, just choose a teacher and spend your desired point to receive a theme based skill of the type you chose.

And last note by not least, you shall be given 5 "Skill Points" that you can distribute to O/D/S points as you please. That means that from the start you can learn 5 skills from your teachers.

So... who volunteers?
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 10:27 pm

Goes without saying, really.

Name: Astram Naverre
Starting Extera:
- Type Shadow
- Offensive/Supportive
Starting weapon:
- Metal Backed Gauntlets (With hidden blades)
Starting Artifact:
(you will receive 3 artifacts to choose from, once you decide to add a character. They will match your Extera and starting weapon choice so be aware of that)

I'll finish it a bit, but there are no set classes? Such as, be a thief and that's it?

And if so, does that mean I can learn a slew of thief skills and yet still learn a powerful knight skill or something even if I'm not one?

Last edited by Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:37 am

Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad wrote:
Goes without saying, really.

I'll finish it a bit, but there are no set classes? Such as, be a thief and that's it?

And if so, does that mean I can learn a slew of thief skills and yet still learn a powerful knight skill or something even if I'm not one?

Yeah, there is no set class, only Mentors have a set class. I mean, you can call yourself a "thief" or "assassin" or a "magician" and dress accordingly. But there are no limits. You can be a Thief/Knight or to take it to an extreme, a Berserker/Priest or Pyromancer/Druid.

Also, just as a heads up, I've decided you will have all 3 artifacts. Bookman convinced me that it will be more fun if you have 3 powerful and highly unreliable special items with you. And yeah... at the start of the RP you can spend 6 points on any O/D/S skills and upgrades for the skills. Like Master Gear but improved.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:06 am

CANNOT RESIST

Nike and Oscar will be back once again.

Name: Nike
Starting Extera:
- Type (Burning Skeleton)
- Offensive
Starting weapon:
- Twin hammers she dual wields
Starting Artifact:

Name: Oscar
Starting Extera:
- Type (Harpy Nurse)
- Multi
Starting weapon:
- Scalpel
Starting Artifact:

I've talked it over with SX yesternight sooooo I knew what weapons to pick.... and also, it's 4 people in one room because of two paired beds, top and bottom. Right SX?
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:46 am

Seraphin wrote:
CANNOT RESIST

Nike and Oscar will be back once again.

I've talked it over with SX yesternight sooooo I knew what weapons to pick.... and also, it's 4 people in one room because of two paired beds, top and bottom. Right SX?

Right, it was just late yesterday so I made a mistake. 1 room can contain only 4 people. You are welcome to choose who you will be paired with. Either the other player characters or some NPCs.

About characters:

Name: Nike
Starting Extera:
- Hell Boy (Offensive) - A burning skeleton wearing black leather. He can transform into a burning motorcycle.
-> "Hell Rider" - Summons Hell Boy for the summoner to ride as a Motorcycle across the battlefield. Damages all enemies by crashing into them at high speed and burning them with the Fires of Hell. Ignores terrain.
Starting weapon:
- Twin hammers she dual wields
Starting Artifacts:
- "Gauntlet of the Power Motion" - When it works, it allows the user to deliver a Super Power crushing punch. If it fails, it shows different hand signs and motions instead, with no extra strength.
- "Super Pressure Belt" - When it works, the users can focus his power to erupt with a huge force of fire, burning everything around him. If it fails, the user powerfully farts instead.
- "Hell Earring of the Flaming Bitchslap" - When it works, a hand of fire will spawn and slam the enemy, crushing their bones and scorching them with flames. If it fails, the hand will appear behind the user and slap them in the ass, setting their butt slightly on fire.

Name: Oscar
Starting Extera:
- Sharon (Multi) - A harpy nurse wielding a syringe with a strange liquid.
-> "Vitamin Shot" - Sharon injects the target with a medicine that grants them an instant-use Power Point for their next attack.
Starting weapon:
- Scalpel
Starting Artifacts:
- "Perverted Necromancers Glove" - When it works, allows the user to bypass the enemy body and rip out an internal organ with no effort. If it fails, the user will molest whatever body part he aimed for.
- "Bow of a Thousand Hunted Ducks" - The user must always shout out "One Thousand Arrows!" in a specifically serious manner while shooting an arrow to the sky. When it works, a thousand arrows will fall from the sky on the battlefield. If it fails, a bird will fall down from the sky, shot by the arrow. If the user is not dead serious about the shot, the arrow will just vanish in the sky.
- "Magical Potion of Whatever" - This potion has an infinite supply of its liquid. The effect is literally whatever, ranging from Full resurrection and invincibility to an explosive diarrhea attack with convulsive singing.

Each of your characters got 6 skill points to be distributed among the O/D/S points for skills. You can use them as soon as the RP starts.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 am

Edited. Am I missing anything?
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55795

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 3:58 am

Oh why the hell not. Since it seems you could use another participant.

Name: Siobhan Thalias
Starting Extera:
- Type (....I honestly cannot come up with something. May or may not come back to this though.)
- Multi (Defensive, Supportive)
Starting weapon:
- Throwing knives (I assume you're gonna put a set ammo limit to start with)
Starting Artifact:

May throw someone else in if we need it.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:40 pm

OK, here goes Astram:

Name: Astram Naverre
Starting Extera:
- Nightmare (Offensive/Support) - Nightmare is a shadow with a creepy jaw, spilling blood while maniacally laughing during attacks.
-> "Blood Vomit" - This attack targets an enemy and vomits blood on him that makes the enemy sick.
Starting weapon:
- Metal Backed Gauntlets (With hidden blades)
Starting Artifacts:
- "Belt of Sneaky Knives" - When it works, you can draw an infinite number of knives from the belt to throw and stab the enemy at incredible speed. If it fails, the belt will run away from your hands, preferably dropping down your pants and tightening around the legs to prevent quick fixing of the embarrassing problem.
- "Cape of infinite Backgrounds" - When it works, you can cover yourself with the cape and melt together with the surroundings, becoming perfectly invisible. When it fails, it randomly makes you look out-of-place. You cannot tell what it will be while you use it.
- "Ring of the Lazy Critmaster" - When it works, the hand on which the ring is held will be automatically guided to hit the critical spots of the enemy. When it fails, the hand will go to scratch the users butt in a lazy manner or pick his nose.

You got 6 skill points that you can spend on any O/D/S points or skill enhancement. Remember that you got ALL 3 of those artifacts, so have fun with them. Remember that they are unreliable!

And Zags... if you wish so, I can pick you a random type for the Extera. I'll wait for your decision for now.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:42 pm

I've decided on a Valkyrie, if that's good.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Sure thing, gonna do it soon. Just... be aware of the extensive weird humor of the RP. You can have a serious character just... a heads up. You can read the topic to see what happened to Book already.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:49 pm

I think with you as the GM, that's already a given.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Delta Rider wrote:
I think with you as the GM, that's already a given.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Name: Siobhan Thalias
Starting Extera:
- Angela (Defensive/Supportive) - A Valkyrie with a gigantic halberd, sent to defend the righteous from harm.
-> "Heavenly Feathers" - Angela spreads her wings and rains feathers on the battlefield that block projectiles and heal the party.
Starting weapon:
- Throwing knives (unlimited ammo, enjoy your hammer space)
Starting Artifact:
- "The Troll's Cutting Knife" - If it works, allows you to stab into any armor of even infinite durability and open it like a can of tunas, negating it's full defense. If it fails, you will have the knife stuck in the armor and your hand will be unable to let go of the knife until the enemy smiles to you.
- "Fallen Angel's High Heels" - Constant effect. While wearing them, you fly slightly above anything, ignoring all terrain effects (you practically don't interact with it). As the downside, you can only move with a hip-swaying motion. Additionally whenever wearing them you must add sexual innuendos into everything you say or you will ALWAYS trip and fall face-first.
- "Angelic Feather of True Truth" - If it works, allows you to write down a question of any kind and then write down an answer that will be the correct answer for that question. If it fails, instead of the answer, the feather will cuss you out instead and stick itself where it doesn't belong for "asking another stupid question".

As a reminder, you got 6 skill points to distribute in the RP. The artifact "Fallen Angel's High Heels" is not equipped. You have to put them on whenever you wish to use their effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)   Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Extera Academy (RDA Revamp)
Page 1 of 1