Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A casual RP - The GunSword Academy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

A casual RP - The GunSword Academy Empty
PostSubject: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:36 pm

So here is a little something for an idea. This RPG focuses not on the system, but on the story side of it and the system itself is very casual.

Story:

The world suffered from overpopulation, raising the number of people to an incredible number of 100 billion citizens. This was followed by a drastic lack of energy and food since our Earth couldn't feed that many mouths. At the brink of destruction the nations tried controlling people's birth rate, yet all attempts were futile. Finally there was only one possible solution. War. Nation after nation disappeared, added into a massive country, ending countless lives in order to save humans as a kind. Currently there are only 2 major nations both led by their overlords. The United Europe Union (UEU) and the United Islands of America (UIA). The human population was cut by 95% due to the terrible, destructive nature of the war.

Over 100 years have passed since that. The EUE and UIA still hold a grudge against each other and continue this needless war, however in silence. Each nation is preparing a new wave of specialized soldiers, each being a one-man-army. Using the newest technology at hand, the soldiers are armed with Gun-Blades, focusing both on Melee and Ranged combat for special operations. The news soldiers will soon be sent to war, their skills being the only thing they can rely on. Let the training begin!

How is it played:

You enroll on the academy. For the sake of balance, on the UIA. The main weapon of the UIA is the infamous Gun-Blade that spawns many forms of swords, fused with a gun type. The EUE doesn't have a special weapon, however their defense method is the Anti-Particle Energy Generator. The APEG forms a barrier around its owner, making it impossible for ranged weapons to pass it. That's why Gun-Blades exist, breaking through the APEG and then assaulting the target from a range.

The player can access the academy, the town and many places in the RP world. The aim is to gather as many skills with the weapon, enhance it in the workshop and then use it in combat. The upgrade level of the weapon and acquired combat skills are the stats that auto-determine how the possible battle ends. You can RP out the fight in order to affect how it ends, but in most cases a person who has more combat skills will be the winner. The aim however is the casual part in which the character trains, constructs and gathers money. The combat of the game is barely just a part of the game.

The RP heavily treats HOW the weapon is used, thus training in the right way will create new skills, even if they don't straight-forward teach you them. Also knowing your items helps a lot, although Item Creation is "simplified" for the sake of the RP being enjoyable. (Each part states what ability it adds to the weapon). Gathering information and friendships with the right NPCs and players is the key to being the best here.

For who can you enroll?
- Soldier (Focuses on fighting and raising his combat stats)
- Technician (Focuses on teaching his assigned soldier 1to1)
- Engineer (Focuses on constructing and enhancing the weapon of his assigned soldier)
- Physiotherapist (Focuses on regeneration and nourishment of his assigned soldier)
- Psychologist (Focuses on the mental aspects of his assigned soldier and team)

Once you enroll on a position, you will get the other 4 to your team as NPCs. If you so prefer, you can have other Players fit those roles if everyone is content with it. Your team can be adjusted, and probably will be adjusted with time, since if you become a famous Engineer, the best soldiers will ask for your services. Same with other jobs, the best Soldiers are sought by everyone around, but so is every job.

Now, the question of doom.... is anyone interested in the RP? It will be however quite casual with no big systems and such. You can only use skills you learned and you shall be given skills with training or as you seek them. Combat skills are all basically (win rate +1). Social skills and technical skills can be acquired by simply doing them once or finding the right teacher.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 5:50 pm

I don't see the purpose behind the classes, even though obviously this RP is not meant to be combat-focused at all...

What is Technician supposed to do, really? Teach Techs/Skills?

I might go with either Physiotherapist or Psychologist just to leave the Soldier slot open to someone who likes it more straightforward. Needless to say I'm in for the training.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 pm

The purpose of the classes is basically the occupation of the player. You will be given a tag and room to carry out your activities.

...you know, I think that it might actually be more fun if the soldier is an NPC and the RP is basically just finding the best and most ways to pump up the soldier. (This would actually so well become a great casual video game... nevermind) It will become quite a non-combat RP...

So basically, if we remove the Solider as a playable class:

Technician - Researches combat styles and looks for different techniques and combat skills that can be taught to the soldier. Afterwards he teaches them to the soldier via IC. Upkeeps the Soldier's physical training and guides him to what training he should go through.

Engineer - Creates the Gun-Blade and solely concentrates on the weapon. Enhancing, repairing, finding new parts, technology etc. Basically a Technician for the weapon we could say. Maintenance is most important for the Engineer as well.

Physiotherapist - This guy upkeeps the Soldier's physical condition. If the soldier gets tired and exhausted he will most likely not learn well and his stat increasing progress will get slower. This guy is the Pokemon Center of this game.

Psychologist - Upkeeps the mental condition of the Soldier. Keeps him motivated to work, relieves stress and helps him in troubling situations. In certain cases if the soldier might go to the field, he might build heavy stress from seeing people die in front of him. This guy does incredible amounts of talking.

That's a rough sketch what they do. We'll leave the soldier as an eternal NPC though, I'm myself beginning to like this idea. Razz
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:28 am

No matter how I look at it, I love this idea! One day this shall become a game on the casual market as an Adventure type or Simulator. For now, I'll hold the idea and prepare the more combat sword fighting RP.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:52 am

*raises hand*
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 8:32 am

You have a question? Anyway I've abandoned the idea...

Nevertheless, I'm soon going to do some beta testing for the new Master Gear. PvP testing that is. Wanna try out Gyre in a fight against Bookman? (Gyre was made into a playable character you know.)
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:19 am

I'd love to do that. Like, adore.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I've no objections either. I wanted to work some more on my other heroes but for the moment, I like Oscar best, we can try out those two and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A casual RP - The GunSword Academy   A casual RP - The GunSword Academy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A casual RP - The GunSword Academy
Page 1 of 1