Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Beginning of the End(RP idea)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 46406

The Beginning of the End(RP idea) Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:39 am

Ok, so I've got this idea for a RP. The plot is fairly simple, making it a bit freeform, but there's still criteria that I will explain in a moment... But first... The plot. *ahem*

All mortal beings have fear: Some fear death, some fear their enemies, some fear living to see what comes next... But they all share one fear, out of all the others... The end of the universe. Deep down, every mortal has the fear that one day the universe will end... As all things do. That time has now come. Some deny it, hoping it's just a dream or an illusion... But the sad reality is that the stars, the planets... They're all dying.

...But hope is not all lost. A mysterious godlike being named Arathra appears, and an opportunity for escape is given to those who are deemed worthy to attempt to receive it... Escape into a new universe, created from the ashes of the old universe. In order to achieve this, however... Those who are given this opportunity, warriors of great power, famous and infamous alike... They must battle to the death, within the time limit they have left before the universe collapses. The two that rise to the top are given the right to enter the new universe... And the rest are left to vanish from the annals of history... Forever.

And that's basically the gist of it. Sort of a tournament-style, free-for-all, last-two-standing thing. You can use an existing or brand new character for this, but there are a few restrictions:
  • No major reality-bending powers, such as time manipulation, space manipulation, and the like. Anything that can prevent or slow down the deterioration of the universe is prohibited. Teleportation and portals/rifts are allowed, but there will be a limit of how many times it can be used depending on the level of control.(Will be further detailed below)
  • All characters must be mortal, no gods or godlike characters. This is a fight for survival, and as such, if your character is a god, what's the point of them fighting if they can already escape? Same for if they're immortal.
  • Powers that have a chance of causing instant death or instant win are prohibited.
  • No powers that make it nearly impossible for the opponent to hit you, such as extremely high speed or a nearly impenetrable barrier.
  • Any and all powers that can copy the powers of others have a temporary effect and only last until after the battle. If you win, you lose the power that you copied, since they'll be erased from existence the moment the universe disintegrates. And if you lose, it wouldn't matter now would it? You'd be dead.

Your characters are allowed to have those, except for immortality/godlike status, but are not permitted to use them. If you are unsure of whether something goes under any of those restrictions, ask me in either PM or in this thread.

As for the limiters on any high-level movement powers... The more easily they can use the ability, the more limited they are in using the ability. For example... Say my character Necrolance has the ability to open a rift, and uses a sword to do so. Since it requires his sword to open the rift, creating an opening for attack while he uses it... His limit would be a lot higher than if he could create it at will. Say the limit with the sword is 10 times per battle. If it was at will, it would be maybe 5-7 times in a battle. If it was without him even consciously creating it, such as a sort of pseudo-barrier that redirects attacks, it would be maybe 3-5 per battle.

Oh, and as for how the battles will work out... First off, I'll need volunteers for judges. These judges will be able to choose the location within the universe(The further you are from earth, the less time the battle will have), and will be there to ensure that none of the restricted powers are used. If they are used, it is by their discretion on how many chances they get before being eliminated from the competition. And I mean that literally. Elimination means instant death.

Arathra grants those that volunteer to be judges the ability to restrain the participants' powers, and if the rules are broken, they have free reign to execute them. The judges also are given a one-way ticket out of the dying universe and into the new one. Judges are allowed to choose whether they want to instantly kill the rule-breaker, or rearrange the fighting bracket so that their opponent is sent to the next round and the judge becomes the opponent for the rule-breaker. It's judge's discretion.

As for locations, the judges can choose any location that is in the universe. No outside dimensional planes. If it's located inside the universe, just enclosed, that's fine. And judges, you can choose the time limit on each battle. Time limit = maximum posts before both competitors lose.

Competitors:
1. Ethan
2. Aisan Darksky
3. Xenos

Judges:
1. Migotliv
2. Necrolance

Amount of competitors and judges is actually up to you guys, and this RP doesn't have to start right away. Limit one competitor per person, and if you're a judge, you're allowed to have a competitor but it will be under a separate judge.

Any questions or suggestions? I'm all ears.

Last edited by Necrolance on Wed May 04, 2011 12:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm

If this ever takes off I'm putting Migotliv as a judge and Ethan as a competitor. He's definitely mortal (although elves have long lives, but that won't save him here) and his powers already have built in weaknesses/cooldown periods to balance them. He should be alright.

Necro, I highly recommend giving powers a 'recharge time' instead of 'maximum number of uses'. The latter encourages spamming full power right away, whereas the former means their use has to be spread out. It creates openings, when one after another a member's defensive powers get used up, then the opponent can strike true.

I'm fine with the rest of the rules.... I think. << I'm personally against time limits but if you want one, I'll play along. At least it forces some people to make the most of the time they have.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I was thinking about the recharge time thing... That could work just as well. As for the time limit... Come on, it's a collapsing universe. The time limit is based on how close they are to the collapsing edge of the universe, kind of like a deflating balloon. The closer they are to the edge, the less time they have to fight before risking being totally erased from existence. Earth will likely be the finals location(with different continents being battlefields), but for the other rounds, the locations determine the time limits. Since the final two will be allowed into the new universe, it will either be a two-round tournament or a three-round with a no-elimination prelim free-for-all to get the matchups.

Though I might even make the finals be in a place where it's safe from the collapsing universe... And maybe a post-tournament round between the two winners, but without lethal force. In the tournament, lethal force is optional but recommended. Better than being erased from existence and not going down in battle.

I'd also like to note that mini-dimensions inside of the universe are a lot safer than planets, since the dimensional walls would also have to collapse, and so it would result in a longer time limit. Just throwing it out there.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:18 pm

XD I thought about that. That puts the time limit in pretty creative terms.

You got a Judge (Migotliv) and Competitor (Ethan) now. add them to the list whenever, Necro-kun.

Will you also make a judge? - will you be controlling Arathra?
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:36 pm

I will most likely be a judge, using Necrolance, and I will be controlling Arathra. When I said Godlike... That isn't even half of it. He is a god. And not only that, but he's THE god. An Elder God, the kind that can create everything. There's one for each universe, and Arathra's the Elder God of this tournament's universe. He is virtually immortal, and like the judges, he can completely negate anyone's powers, except for the other Elder Gods' powers. Each Elder God has a unique power that they have from before they ascended to Elder God status, and Arathra's is the negation of virtually all supernatural powers.

Arathra is a warrior god, too, which is the reason why he's choosing this method to decide who to bring to the recreated universe. He wears armor, too. Think of Ashtaroth from Grand Chase but with more rounded shoulderpads, dark blue coloring, and there is no jewel in the helmet.

I just remembered... Another option for the rounds would be three rounds, with a free-for-all 16-man battle for prelims, then four sets of 1v1 matches, then a final round of a two-on-two matchup(the remaining competitors choose who their partners are), and the pair that wins is the pair that gets to move into the new universe. The amount of people who join this will determine what we'll do for the rounds.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:33 pm

XD So many possibilities to run this.

How about the members take a vote what fights they're most interested in?
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I'll enter the tourney with Aisan Darksky.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:52 pm

A vote sounds good. Once more decide to join, I'll put a poll up. And updating the list, SX.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:11 am

Double posting because otherwise it wouldn't be noticed, and there hasn't been any posts in this thread in a long time.

I'm putting Xenos into this tournament as my competitor. As predetermined, I will not be putting Necrolance as the judge of any of Xenos's matches. The final two matches will be double-judged, too. This is a good opportunity to test out my latest changes to Xenos, and a GREAT opportunity to test out Positive Xenos. Since, well... I never got to use him last time. And several new Xenos forms will be in there too, but not Null Xenos(Nearly impossible to kill with the circumstances due to his nullification powers) and Zero Xenos(Basically black holes, that's space manipulation). But yeah, competitor number 3 is a-go.

And I'm also adding something... If the matches get too drawn out without any major damage done or are almost near the time limit, Arathra will show up and make a few... Changes to the battlefield. Add a few more deadly hazards, for example. Or shrink the size of the battlefield.

Though the circumstances of this will depend on what format we use. When I have more people interested in this, I want to discuss this matter. Whether we go with a prelim, deathless free-for-all to start it off and choose the first set of matches, or if we do something entirely different. This is what we will discuss. I will still discuss it with Book regardless. At least, when I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of the End(RP idea)   The Beginning of the End(RP idea) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of the End(RP idea)
Page 1 of 1