Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tournament Signup First Come First Serve

Go down 
+10
Toast
ThomasWindar
Delta
Sasha
Allen
Cybeast Worshipper
Agent of Chaos
Chatbox Kingu Python
Celestia Ludenberg
Xellious Noon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

Tournament Signup First Come First Serve Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 am

Keeping it as simple as I can. Nothing major, just an 8 man elimination. I'll start this one as soon as the slots fill up (with Seth's tournament going one fight at a time and so slow, this might just start AND finish before his); I'll save all my fancy ideas for later when this AND Seth's tournament end.

Zags, SX, if you're up for the role of judges (unless you want to throw in your fighter) I welcome you gladly. Both if you're up for it because I thought, with 3 judges the 3rd can break ties if the other two disagree on something. And I wholly trust you to take no sides.
Ahh, not to forget Elie-chan! You can also be a judge. :3 Then designing stages would be split quite equally.

If this one finishes, I hope it'll set a standard for tournaments to come, in terms of simplicity, fairness, and efficiency. Fun if possible.

Current participants:
1) Cernunnos
2) Magnus
3) Lotus
4) Peter Marx
5) Python
6) Saito
7) STORM-06 (OC)
8) Zeru

Current Judges:
1) Bookman
2) Elie
3) Zags
4) SX

THE RULES

-8 Fighter Single Elimination. The progression is 4 Quarter-Final matches, 2 Semi-Finals, 1 Final and 1 3rd Place match (fought simultaneously with the Finals as the Semi-Finals will decide both the winners and the losers). This leaves us 8 matches total so with four judges each will design 2 stages.

-Only 1 Fighter per Member

-In every match the loser is whoever surrenders, leaves the stage, gets Knocked Out, incapacitated to be unable to fight, or dies. If the match is dragging with no clear winner, the Judge(s) will make a call and declare who wins. The penalty for breaking the rules are Warnings and Disqualification. If a fighter gets Disqualified, then the opponent advances.

-Time Out:
a) If a member doesn't reply within 3 days, then the last attack sent by that member expires, meaning the member who actually posted automatically succeeds at avoiding harm and any of its later consequences (this doesn't equal an autohit on the counterattack though). A judge will post to acknowledge this time out, after which both members can post again.
b) If a member doesn't reply within 7 days, then the opponent's attack (posted after the judge's notice) automatically hits to maximum effect. A judge will post to acknowledge this time out, after which both members can post again.
c) If a member doesn't reply within 10 days, then the opponent's last attack (posted after the judge's 2nd notice) counts as a critical and a Knock Out. The opponent advances forward and the member is disqualified. A judge will post to acknowledge this time out, after which the match is over.

-Power Level: The following powers are banned:
Spoiler:
a) A fighter can possess the banned power and fight without it at no penalty. A fighter that uses any banned power from the list will get a Warning from the judge and that fragment of the post is ignored.
b) The judge can also issue a Minor Warning for using a power not on the list but similarly unfair (at the judge's discretion) and the judge will then choose whether to ignore that fragment of the post or allow the power under some balancing condition(s); the member can negotiate this OOC (in the CB for example).
c) Two Minor Warnings count as a Warning, and two Warnings (or Four Minor Warnings, or any combination) get the fighter Disqualified.

-Other Rules:
a) Some stages include elements that are random/interactive and require the judge's intervention to determine their effects. Whichever judge made the stage has full reign over these effects and can post as often as they trigger (but still cannot double post).
b) Arguing with the judge equals a Warning.
c) Any Warning (but not Minor Warning) earned in a match carries over as a Minor Warning into the next match. This serves to keep rule-breakers on their toes without totally removing any room for error.
d) Other judges can call into question a judge's decision, in which case the third vote given breaks the tie (4th if within the first three a judge is undecided). The tiebreaker vote is decisive and cannot be recalled unless all the judges agree. The sole exception is point a) above - only the stage's creator has reign over its random/interactive elements.

That is all........ for now. It should be more than enough anyway.

Last edited by Bookman on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:44 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Celestia Ludenberg

Celestia Ludenberg

Female

Permanent Name : Elie Inverse
Custom Title : Ultimate Musician
Activity Points : 109798

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 am

Where do I sign up to be judge? *bricked*
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:01 am

XD Already signed you there. Thanks for the error notice also.
Back to top Go down
Chatbox Kingu Python
Tokusatsu Soul
Chatbox Kingu Python

Male

Custom Title : The Greatest Psychic in the 21st Century
Activity Points : 50684

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 am

participant: Python

using the same character never gets old
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47489

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Throw me in with Zeru.

We're limited to one Entry, right?
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Toss me in. I'll edit in who I want in.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Valvrave the Liberator
Allen

Male

Custom Title : LEMON ENERGY
Activity Points : 62022

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Will enter with Cernunnos

Last edited by Allen on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sasha
-DIVER DRIVE-
Sasha

Female

Permanent Name : Sasha
Custom Title : I've got 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning.
Activity Points : 51673

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:47 pm

I will probably enter with Lotus, he's one of the few ones without any of the banned powers on the list (most of them have timelessness or immortality in some way.)
Back to top Go down
http://forums.scatteredhorizon.com/index.php
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55795

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:55 pm

I fly. I'm judge.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm

My my, how it grew. OvO All accepted.

Edited the rooster, expanded on the 8-man elimination. Added one more sort of powers to the banned list that I can't believe I skipped the first time, it makes fights too unfun to battle.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:31 pm

I'll judge then.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 64315

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:02 pm

I'm in. Good place to bring in good ol' Peter Marx.
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

So, every judge creates 2 stages now? We PM them to you or post them here? And by that... we have any restrictions?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:52 pm

I'll give the judges some loose instructions about stages, but everything else is up to you. Catch me in the CB or otherwise to 'claim ideas' for stages (volcano, arctic, forest, arena, museum, cosmos, oversized table in a restaurant, anything really) so that I can ensure nobody duplicates ideas. When the 8 slots fill up, we'll roll for the match ups and judges will 'first come first serve' pick up the match up for which they make the quarterfinal stage.

Then it's a contest for the making of Semi-Final, Final, and 3rd Chance stages. I'll pick something epic for the Final. Though, all four are important. ^___^ The wackiest stage will be 3rd Chance, I guess.

EDIT: This was fast... Instruction PM pending after this.

Quarterfinal Stages:
Sky City (Zags)
Crystal Cavern (SX)
Ballroom (Elie)
Wild West Saloon (Book)

Semifinal Stages:
Farmland (Zags)
Volcano (Book)

3rd Chance:
Voodoo Island (SX)

Final Stage:
Golden Land (Elie)
Back to top Go down
OverlordCrimson

OverlordCrimson

Male

Activity Points : 39482

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I'll join.

Participant: STORM-06.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Should we warn the players what happens on those stages?
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Not yet.
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

Custom Title : Glitterbug
Activity Points : 42009

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Not joining, but just wanted to say that this sounds pretty good. Smile

Oh, and I think you meant 'roster' in your earlier post... as opposed to rooster, Book. XD
Back to top Go down
Rondo of Saito

Rondo of Saito

Male

Custom Title : The Asian Tester
Activity Points : 30978

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Guess I'll try and adapt my old Forum RP character Saito into this, with alterations of course. (Removal of Shunkan Ido, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

And that's the 8th. ^___^ We made it this far...

It's nearing midnight for me, I'll post the first stage tomorrow as I wake up. Before then, I'll roll for the match ups as decided with Zags. Then, Zags, Elie, you can pick the pairs of fighters for your stages, me and SX will take what remains. And you can start working on the quarterfinals' opening posts anytime.

(Current list of fighters, in alphabetical order)

1) Allen
2) (Kevin)
3) Lotus
4) Peter Marx
5) Python
6) Saito
7) STORM-06 (OC)
Cool Zeru

Aaand roll away, to keep it fair and random... I hope no numbers repeat. >> If necessary the next higher number from the repeat will be taken.
Back to top Go down
The Game Master
Non-Player Character

Activity Points : 27820

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

The member 'Bookman' has done the following action : Chance Event

#1 'Roll 8-Faced Dice' : 7, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'Roll 6-Faced Dice' : 2, 6

--------------------------------

#3 'Roll 4-Faced Dice' : 4, 2
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 pm

Damn that smiley again. XD But hey, looks like it worked.

It's official. The Quarterfinal match ups are:

(left-hand side)
Lotus vs STORM-06

(Kevin) vs Zeru

(right hand side)
Saito vs Peter Marx

Allen vs Python

Winners from the two left hand matches will meet in the semifinals, likewise right hand. Then the two semifinal winners have a final match, and the two losers battle over 3rd place.

Judges, pick the fighters for your stages. OvO
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 64315

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:13 am

I fight Saito?

How dreadfully boring and expected.
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:44 am

What, no grand "HEY THIS IS A TOURNAMENT" introduction topic?

Anyway, I'm taking Allen and Python's match for my first stage
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 am

XD Zags is right. I'll go ahead and make one. *thinks* It'll explain some details of the setting and why you're fighting where you are, in all kinds of places. And why you heal after battles etc.

And establish the tournament as canon, though a short part at that. I'm on it, expect it up shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Signup First Come First Serve   Tournament Signup First Come First Serve I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament Signup First Come First Serve
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next