Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

It's mahvel baby

Go down 
+6
Delta
Cybeast Worshipper
Celestia Ludenberg
Xellious Noon
Agent of Chaos
Allen
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Allen
Valvrave the Liberator
Allen

Male

Custom Title : LEMON ENERGY
Activity Points : 62017

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:20 pm

[00:23:08] Eclipse Demon Zeru : hey All did you tell Py and Book about the Avengers idea I talke dto Kev about

[00:23:11] @ Bookman : ^__^

[00:23:13] @ Bookman : Hello ZM-kun

[00:23:14] Eclipse Demon Zeru : *Al

[00:23:17] Allen : Will it matter if all your characters are going to the castle anyways? Oh well

[00:23:18] @ Bookman : Avengers?

[00:23:22] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Hello Book

[00:23:23] Allen : I did not, bro

[00:23:40] Eclipse Demon Zeru : yes Book, Avengers, like the Marvel group

[00:24:21] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : rings a bell

[00:24:26] Allen : And Kevin wanted to be Iron man/tony stark

[00:24:28] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : but i'm not a big comic buff

[00:24:30] Allen : Magnus Man

[00:24:32] Allen : *hit*

[00:24:41] Eclipse Demon Zeru : As obvious as it is, each of our heroes have their own stories, their own villains, and we never really dwelve deep into it.

[00:24:45] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Magnus man lmao

[00:24:50] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : can i be a DC hero *hit*

[00:25:06] Allen : hahahaha

[00:25:14] Allen : no

[00:25:18] Eclipse Demon Zeru : well I was saying we could be like the Avengers...And Py doe sit matter, Im basically barking up the Justice League Tree

[00:26:17] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Anyways I was saying magnus could be the Leader and we could each have a Villain challeng ethe heroes one vs All. In an episode fashion

[00:26:36] Eclipse Demon Zeru : And have the Villains be forced to work with other Villains and form their own group

[00:26:56] Eclipse Demon Zeru : We could meld all types of RPs from this

[00:27:24] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Interactive, Adventure, Straight brawl, and even storyline and Saga RPs

[00:28:06] Eclipse Demon Zeru : We can dwelve into Each Characters Story with Each Episode and take turns being Game Masters, the experience could be beneficial to us all and we could each learn a thing or two from it

[00:28:21] Eclipse Demon Zeru : All the while keeping RPs alive

[00:28:32] @ Bookman : Episodes, one by one.

[00:28:35] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : that isn't a bad idea

[00:28:45] @ Bookman : Are we making brand new characters for this?

[00:28:56] @ Bookman : And will we abuse cliches / satirize them?

[00:29:04] @ Bookman : "Quick, to the BATMOBILE!"

[00:29:16] Claire Vaux Bernardus : .

[00:29:27] @ Bookman : I like the idea with switching Game Masters between RPs too. This could be REALLY interesting

[00:29:42] @ Bookman : >v> Hey Elie-chan, would you like to be Black Cat or Wonder Woman or..... you know.

[00:29:51] Eclipse Demon Zeru : One thing I think we should do is eliminate "Word Destroying" Abilities some characters have and make the RPs a bit more dramatic, as the most memorable RPs had the most character interactions

[00:29:56] @ Bookman : If you want to join of course

[00:30:05] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : actually I don't think we're choosing heroes I think magnus was assuming the ROLE of iron man

[00:30:09] @ Bookman : *nods* Yeah ZM. In fact

[00:30:15] Eclipse Demon Zeru : We could abuse the phrases of other Heroes lol

[00:30:22] @ Bookman : We could set a power limit

[00:30:39] Eclipse Demon Zeru : And yeah its upto you guys who you want to Join the team

[00:30:41] @ Bookman : Say 'needs full power to do X thing.' Like.... bring down a building?

[00:30:54] @ Bookman : One building compared to a city isn't much. It'd be manageable, don't you think?

[00:31:07] Claire Vaux Bernardus : I don't know, hm...

[00:31:09] Allen : I must make this pose just as fabulous

[00:31:11] Eclipse Demon Zeru : yeah that's much better Book

[00:31:16] Claire Vaux Bernardus : *totally annoyed right now*

[00:31:28] @ Chatbox Kingu Python : I could use some experience Game Mastering

[00:31:29] Eclipse Demon Zeru : as our characters have such awesome powers its come to the point hwere most battles drag on because of it

[00:31:45] Eclipse Demon Zeru : So could I python

[00:31:55] Eclipse Demon Zeru : it would be nice to have others help out too

[00:32:06] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Such as Magnus and Book as they have been Game Masters much longer than we

[00:32:11] Eclipse Demon Zeru : and they can give us pointers

[00:32:21] Eclipse Demon Zeru : One thing we should do for Each Episode

[00:32:43] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Is plan out a plot and make it manageable and not too long to keep the RPs fresh and alive

[00:33:15] Eclipse Demon Zeru : One thing we always do is keep adding new ideas and improvising most of the time, with a set plot it could be easy to finish

[00:33:56] @ Bookman : Yeah, just so ZM

[00:34:05] @ Bookman : With a set plot.... hey! Episode summary before it starts

[00:34:13] @ Bookman : So much like the cartoons then

[00:34:24] @ Bookman : So we know what happens, and it's a matter of roleplaying it

[00:34:41] @ Bookman : But 'who won' isn't said, there's that cliffhanger. 'Stay here and watch with us to find out who won!"

[00:34:49] @ Bookman : I'm really getting into this. XD

[00:34:59] Claire Vaux Bernardus : hm...

[00:35:19] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Yes exactly, We have a detailed Plot but not everything is given away

[00:35:40] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Instead The game Master and his confidants know what happens

[00:35:52] Eclipse Demon Zeru : And the role players CAN change what happens with their choices

[00:36:32] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Making the Game Master use his own wit on how to achieve his desired ending, however they should be reasonable

[00:36:45] @ Bookman : ^__^ And their efforts. If they try hard enough - if they beat them down BAD enough - XDDD

[00:36:58] @ Bookman : And it'll be good GM practice for everyone taking turns

[00:37:04] @ Bookman : I wonder if SX would be interested in this

[00:37:33] Eclipse Demon Zeru : Someone should Log this and post it again later for the OTHER Rpers to see

[00:37:55] @ Bookman : Okay. Who will?

[00:38:12] @ Bookman : We can post it immediately in OOC Preparations..... (?)
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47484

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Yeah so far Magnus, Py, Book, Al and Myself are in.

You guys dont HAVE to be part of the Hero team, having some villains would be pretty nice aswell, even if they prefer to work alone
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138948

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:38 pm

I'll make a Hero and Villain definitely. >:3 I'm getting as much out of this as I can.

Want me to post a sample outline or do we just start the RP with the outlines secret, each making his own heroes, and we find out in practice?
Back to top Go down
Celestia Ludenberg

Celestia Ludenberg

Female

Permanent Name : Elie Inverse
Custom Title : Ultimate Musician
Activity Points : 109793

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm not sure if I'll be joining this...maybe later, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71287

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Oh... I thought you meant that we were suppose to pretend to be these heroes in our OC's, and that's why I was a little skeptical... this idea is actually really cool.

I think first off, we should create a hub RP, like the Avenger Tower in the comics. Somewhere where we all go to first, visit before we link off to other RP's, and such. A headquarters. From there we can go and 'recruit' (see; create OC's) other heroes and have a list of missions to choose from (RP's that could be possibly made) in character.

And to balance things out, we could be a cap power level on each mission... you wouldn't send a dude who can blow things up with his mind and melt a city in two seconds to a small remote village which is having a problem with wolves. You get what I mean.

As for outlines, I think we should forgo those for now. It makes things a little less... fun. I say we keep the outlines till after we set up the 'Tower' and all the new recruits have to fill one out before they can join... but they have to visit the Tower personally first.

And Villains, no outline. Unless you want put a small history or something, I'd rather the villains stay as mysterious and shadowy as possible. How does all this sound?

And Magnus as a leader too, huh? Oh boy... this'll be fun, but a whole different spin on things. XD
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 pm

Yes Exactly!

This is going in a great direction.

I will start off with the Villains. I agree, they should remain a mystery and should have a bit of themselves revealed as we go along, some can be bigtime Warlords from different dimensions while others can be the small time run of the mill Sinister Six lackey (If you've read Spidey comics you know what I mean, think Norman Osborn's ThunderBolts or the Dark Avengers. Point is those villains all answer to a stronger much more brutal, nastier villain.)
Some Villains act in many different ways so if a small task such as saving wolfs from becoming extinct or having to save a village turns out to be a plot driven by a villain its upto the Heroes. Should the Villain prove to be too much, I dont think the Heroes should call for back up unless the Villain is already known and in the Tower Database. After all the Baddies gotta win sometime too. But after a Villain is defeated we should have a record on them. this is where it gets challenging. The Villain would have to get an upgrade a new update in their life and powers. new abilities. As with time, the Villains change aswell, this would also allow the Heroes top go through an update after defeat. We should talk more about this...

We can even have some stories tie in to one another. IF it would benefit the creators or the plots.

The Avenger's Tower idea: Definitely liking it. We could have intro Threads welcoming each new member and giving them an idea of what the Tower is like, social RPs Can also be held here, and like you said mission briefing and such.

Outlines, you mean Details and bios?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:47 pm

XD I agree...... I suddenly got this idea that 'one outline is added to database', so, revealed, at the end of each RP/episode. The outline of the hero that was supposed to shine in that episode, or villain when the team had to join forces to defeat him.

And in the chat I mentioned above, I suggested a power level cap too. If we agree to keep all the heroes relatively close in power, then maybe the 'power level for mission' won't be necessary.

And I like the hub RP idea. XD Tower.... TAUwer? What shall we name it, any ideas yet?

EDIT: Saw ZM. I don't think we need one 'intro thread' per hero... more like a post. They come and go, first appearing in the tower.

Will this get its own subforum later, to group the Sticky Tower and then list off the missions?
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71287

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Once we've nailed down more of the specifics... yeah, why not.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55790

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:19 pm

sure why not
Back to top Go down
Celestia Ludenberg

Celestia Ludenberg

Female

Permanent Name : Elie Inverse
Custom Title : Ultimate Musician
Activity Points : 109793

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:31 pm

Claire Vaux Bernardus wrote:

I'm more inclined to the "Yes" line now. Though I have no idea of how things will be dealt, and if anything my character is going to be a sort of anti-hero (like Elie is in the RP world). I can't get a hero attitude right, and making a villain doesn't appeal me for now.

I'm quite looking forward for this, though. If things are planned good, I'll jump in.
Back to top Go down
Allen
Valvrave the Liberator
Allen

Male

Custom Title : LEMON ENERGY
Activity Points : 62017

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 pm

I do believe I will be in on this
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:35 pm

I'm more inclined to the "Yes" line now. Though I have no idea of how things will be dealt, and if anything my character is going to be a sort of anti-hero (like Elie is in the RP world). I can't get a hero attitude right, and making a villain doesn't appeal me for now.

I'm quite looking forward for this, though. If things are planned good, I'll jump in.

You just gave me an idea. Anti Heroes.

I gotta think this one over for a bit I'll get back to this
Back to top Go down
Sasha
-DIVER DRIVE-
Sasha

Female

Permanent Name : Sasha
Custom Title : I've got 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning.
Activity Points : 51668

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:41 am

You guys pulled this idea up at the best time, considering I'm in the midst of playing Champions Online. Consider me in this. Maybe I'll make one of each. Or perhaps play a straight villain...mwehehehehehe...
Back to top Go down
http://forums.scatteredhorizon.com/index.php
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42741

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 5:55 pm

I can join in but only as a Villain. I can already see my Dr. Antagonist fighting Protagonist Man in the Black Soul Asshole Tower, using his weakness, which is indecent speech.

And on a serious note, I could join really. So.... how do we do this?
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 pm

Ok On Anti-heroes:
Anti-Heroes are what the name implies, Anti-Hero. As they don't stand for the same ideals as heroes do, so they wouldn't be allowed entry into the TAUwer. Point is though, they can choose to side with a Villain or with a Hero when it benefits them or just for kicks. thing is depending on their actions, they can be targeted by the Villains or hunted down by the Heroes if nessicary. It all comes down to if they can be used as leverage by the Villains by how close they are to the Heroes and how the Heroes act with them. An example would be Ignascious (My Villain) Holding Elie(the Anti Hero and lover of Bookman) hostage as a way to use Bookman (The hero of course).

All in all It's upto the Anti-Heroes what happens and a situation such as I posted above would only happen if the two RPers come to an agreeance and decide to make that the focus point of a deeper plot. Anti-Heroes WILL be wanted by the Law however, or atleast i think they should be. Anti-Heroes aren't villains but they sure as heck aren't Heroes. They kind of side as Vigilantes in society.

So I guess we should make a Form, Kevin, Book, and SX how would you say we make it for the Heroes? As for the villains we discover their abilities as we go along. But we should keep the Gamemasters informed ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Each Game Master throws their villain into the episode they're leading so there's no needless sharing of info, at least the first time the villain appears. Before they start uniting, we'll have some basic idea of how each works already, won't we?

I have a ton of ideas for the form on hand, but I'm thinking how many cliches we could adopt - or else, what things the heroes would have in common. With a TAUwer if we have it, we don't need heroes with secret identities (like Clark Kent, Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker did, albeit that's a classic).... or maybe? What if every hero had an identity they maintain in the real world?

This would be totally side-lined if the episodes are pure action and their human identities don't get to, say, have social interactions and investigations during calmer moments when no villain is attacking. <<
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 46401

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Sounds intriguing. Though the log confused me a little... We make our own heroes or villain, I assume, by what's been said.

If I do join, I'm going villain. I think I'll be able to come up with a unique supervillain. Somehow.

*starts brainstorming*
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42741

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Hm.... I guess we should do something to balance heroes and villains in the story. After all, the GM will be using one villain while the heroes can come in huge numbers, right? Perhaps adding some more power to the villain could even out the sides.

For example, advantage 1: The villain KNOWS the powers of the heroes. Also their weaknesses and can abuse that.

Advantage 2: If more than 2 heroes join the campaign, the villain receives some special force, artifact, whatever that grants him more power, beyond his basic moves.

And so on. The question would be balancing this.

And..... about the secret identity, that would be cool. The villains do not know the secret identities thus if a hero dresses up, he cannot target him. Although nothing prevents him from blasting the whole city where the hero vanished, right?
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:22 am

On Secret Identities:
A lot of our current RP characters don't have a secret Identity. Allen for one doesn't even interact with everyday humans, one thing a lot of us ignore. We hold grand battle sin places such as Bueno Aires, Las Vegas and even New York, but never do we actually put people in harm. I think we should change that, have our Heroes worry about hurting innocent people, about actually causing destruction all over the place. It's because we skip over this that we have such titanic and overpowered characters. One thing I enjoyed recently was the introduction of Solune and Ryuuki. It's similar to the Beyonder of Marvel Comics. Instead of hosting a tournament to the death in Earth, The Beyonder took all the Heroes and Villains to a Battle Planet and had them wage war on one another there so that he may watch them and observe the battle of Good Vs Evil. Solune and Ryuuki instead hosted a Tournament, again away from Earth in their own created universe and stages, and had our RP characters wage battle there.

I say if we do battle on Earth NPC should also be there, and consequences should happen, I would like to bring up an incident in the Pentagon that happened in Books Angel RP. Or Easter Island. It's RPs like this that makes things memorable. The Death of Guy made everyone drive toward victory instead of casually RPing. That Drive is what I want for us to have. Have Villains Force the Heroes into horrible situations, force choices and even Attack the Hero mentally in a way that they will Always regret their action, or even coming across such a villain. Such as Spiderman and The Green Goblin.

Magnus for all that I know is a Mercenary, and as such doesn't have to hide his identity, however I'm pretty sure there would be people after him for his actions, such as Sparky.

Zeru is similar, he is a Jack of All Trades, and would take on any mission so long as it interests him. And he has a Rich sister who COULD be the backstory as to how we fund
the TAUwer and the resources behind it.

All in all Not maintaining a Secret Identity should come at a cost, the villains we defeat would know where to find our Heroes and their loved ones. Which they should have, unless of course those loved ones are dead. When we make our characters(if were making NEW Characters) we should go into detail in how they got their powers, how they live their lives currently before meeting up with one of the Main TAUwer members, (who I think will be Python, Allen, Magnus, Bookman, Guy, and Zeru so far.) or getting contacted to join TAUwer. We should also go over how the world IS in our RPs. If anyone has anything to add such as "My character has done ___ In Africa and ____ In Antarctica. And because of it ____ Happened." they should put it into the details of teh characters and we can attempt to add it into the mainstream story of how the world is. If too many things happened in America from different RPs then America should be in a state of high alert and the people should already know of our high powered characters. We can discuss how they react to this later...

Villain Advantage:
I do agree on this, I do say the Villains should have an ace up their sleeve which should come with careful planning beforehand, as when we start a mission, the Powerlevels should come into mind.

For Example if Zeru, Cross and Allen would go into a mission, and the Villain has the ability to attack Mentally, is Indestructible and can seal you in dimensional Walls, Zeru, and Allen would hold an advantage over the Dimensional ability but be grounded on the mental attacks. This is where Cross would become a key player as Tsukasa would be his out on the
Mental attacks. So the Villain would have to find a way to separate the Team and knock them out one after another IF he cannot handle the three together.

Cross being Half God would also be a problem and this is where I would go next...

Gods and Half Gods:
These characters have been shown to have their own domains or areas and rarely interact with normal demons, angels or even humans and mutants, atleast in DC and Marvel.
For one to come in contact with these beings they would have to have extensive research and a means to enter their domain without being destroyed by the creators. I don't think Half Gods should be running around much less interacting with normal characters,if so they deserve their own Arc and should remain there because of their monstrous powerlevels. Like I said before, I don't want characters who can blow the Earth up at a whim just like that. And With this I have been thinking of toning down my own main character, Zeru. Since he is based off DBZ and DMC. being able to destroy the Earth with an Eclipse Canon is a bit too easy and lacks creativity imo. I think I could come up with a better way, especially since it's been done on so many levels.

Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60573

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:49 am

just pm the villains I guess...so they're mysterious to everyone else
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 46401

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:38 am

I agree on the seperate arc for the more destructive characters. We don't want any Galactus or Living Tribunal wannabes running around in the normal arcs.

And the rest I'm fine with, PMing the villain characters I say should really be optional. Maybe we could have villains that are more well-known(veterans, so to speak), and then villains that are either new or are unknown to the public.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 am

also why would we use zeru and ignacious and stuff in this

why not just use different characters
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:56 am

Guy wrote:
also why would we use zeru and ignacious and stuff in this

why not just use different characters

Some people just can't let go of characters they've had for a long time. I'm all up for an entirely fresh RP if you want. I'm just saying if those characters are to be involved, the ability to blow the world into smithereens with a simple energy blast or a thought should be eliminated. These characters are Heroes in their own right. And wouldn't you feel comfortable with Guy someone you don't have to work ground up being involved?
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 am

I'm going to present the same arguments I did in the chatbox here so that others can see it for having new characters instead of using the old ones.

A) The world is pretty fucked up after the Angel RPs. Significant Geographical Landmarks cease to exist anymore (Easter Island), and the Pentagon (from what I understand) got fucked in it's rectum. There's a lot of fucked up shit right now.

B) Going back in Power is a little awkward and hard to explain logically.

C) there's no mystery. If I use Guy, we know his backstory, we know his powers, we know his personality.

D) They're not really like Comic Book Heroes either way, way closer to anime heroes.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:13 pm

I'm entirely with Guy on this one. >> The way I understood it from the start, we were gonna make new characters, not try to fit our already existing characters into roles that marvel characters had. Above all else, there's no good way of keeping continuity and going back from the power levels they achieved.

Much as I like Book, Leo, Migotliv and the rest, I'm all for a fresh start and designing brand new characters. It's a LOT easier to stay under the power limit with someone working their way up from zero. It lets us be more creative with their ways for obtaining powers (Spider Man keeps haunting me here).

....... and as for Gods and Demi-Gods. If we're serious about keeping power level in check, we need a RPs where nobody can make them. Same for angels and demons. >> Vampires and mutants are fair game though (X-Men sets up the precedent, even Jane Grey for standards of psychic power).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's mahvel baby Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's mahvel baby   It's mahvel baby I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's mahvel baby
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: