Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)

Go down 
+7
Allen
Delta
Cybeast Worshipper
Necrolance
Xellious Noon
Agent of Chaos
Toast
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 46401

Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:14 am

Ok then he's one character. Two split power sets, one body, one person. Think Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Hyde. Except without the major split personalities. He's still the same person, but he can, depending on the situation, change between one power set and the other. One's best with a team and in sparring, the other's best for solo fights.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138948

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:35 am

Power set is one thing, the potential to fight two-on-one is another. If I was using Alvin Ignis they'd still be one character, even though a permanent fusion of two beings with visible consequences. <.< Now if they can split and fight independently that's where they deserve separate slots you know. This is for organization purposes after all.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

Permanent Name : Toast
Custom Title : Twenty One Toasters
Activity Points : 64310

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Alright. So I've been thinking, and I think it'd be cool if each round of the competition had a different theme. For examples, Preliminaries are Team Battles. Semi-Finals are 3 people all trying to kill each other at once. Finals are duels. Then the title-match is an all-out free-for-all with changing rules. Something like that.

This would raise some interesting possibilities, I think, and make the matches a bit more fun... and chaotic.
Back to top Go down
http://monsieurtoast.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:20 pm

A title match AFTER the final? XD I wonder. And about Quarter-finals instead of preliminaries. It depends on how many people we'll get - 12 is a good number to shoot for if we'll have a round with 3 fighters, 1 winner. I like that setup myself.

Then, unless the host decides the matchups (that's one option) we can use the forum dice feature to determine who fights whom... or we can Draw Lots. <.< That's an option that'd be good to be roleplayed IC but also works fine OOC.

I suppose an example might be useful for this one.
Spoiler:

That's probably the gist of it. Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:28 pm

That's actually a pretty good system.

And yeah, I was aiming for a Title Match after the Finals - sort of like "A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES" thing after it all 'ends', BUT it may work better with Prelims, Quarter, Semi, and then Finals like you suggested. I don't take part in very many tournament-esque games/RP's, so... xD

But yeah. I think that could work.

As it stands we have:

Preliminaries: Team Battles
Quarter Finals: 3-Man Free-for-Alls
Semi-Finals: Straight-Up Duels
Finals: ...I'll think of something *hit*

Any comments? Complaints? Suggestions? *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:31 pm

.......... actually, something hit me. Since we spoke of a revival round.

The preliminaries round themselves should be 1on1 duels. 6 of them. <.< But then the Quarterfinals are THREE 2on2 battles. Winners are matched into pairs and losers matched into pairs, with their strong incentive to beat the winners and progress instead of them. This gives a chance to players eliminated in the first round to come back and try one more time. THEN the Semifinals can be a 3 players, 1 winner fight.... or even a 6 fighters all-out brawl so there's no 1on1 stage left for the Finals. <.< If it's a 6 members brawl, you can still pull something crazy for the Final Round. XD
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 pm

A 6-man brawl is indeed an intriguing proposition... but may grow a bit *too* chaotic, and the whole round could be held up by one guy. I think two 3-man brawls would be the better route to take.
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47484

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:14 pm

3 Man brawls sounds good. And The Team matches in the preliminaries sound good. This helps keep things in order and no one can complain.

Another aspect we should keep in mind is: that with team battles you get to see your future rival in action, so it would be keen to keep a lot of your more powerful skills tucked away.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 8:20 pm

That's true. Though whether Team Battles should take place in the Prelims or Quarter-Finals is debatable. I'm kind of going for the latter, due to Book's suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60573

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:54 am

man if we were doing team matches i'd totally join in for a bro team
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:58 am

Guy wrote:
man if we were doing team matches i'd totally join in for a bro team

Now that I think about it, we've never done that. How about a Team tourney?

2 on 2?
Back to top Go down
Chatbox Kingu Python
Tokusatsu Soul
Chatbox Kingu Python

Male

Custom Title : The Greatest Psychic in the 21st Century
Activity Points : 50679

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 1:16 am

We could do that another time, its a good idea...a solely team tournament, that is. But not for a while...we're in a time of many large and loved RPs, so the spotlight is pretty hogged.

Guy, I think you should join the tournament anyways. Since you haven't gotten a chance to fight in a while. XD
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60573

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:19 pm

okay
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:44 pm

Alright. Currently, we have 14 combatants. 2 more would make it 16 which is a nice even bracket, and I guess we'll close with that. Dante said he may be using a second character, meaning there's only one spot left. If nobody else is going to be joining, then I guess that spot will have to be taken up by Solune.

Consider this a final roll-call of sorts. If anybody else is gonna join or wants to drop out, now's the time to say so.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71287

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 am

14 Combatants... very, very nice. I didn't expect to see so many people here.

Dr, I must talk to you to sort things out! Just the details on how we're gonna run this.
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:37 am

Throwing in another Character, Ignascious Kaito.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:42 am

I was talking with Dante yesterday, and he definitely does want to throw in another character. He just couldn't post back then, and he's having trouble choosing who to use. But with Ignascious and his 2nd hero, we're right at 16.

So why not start the topic and let him complete the formalities later? Seth, do the honours.
Back to top Go down
Rorek

Rorek

Male

Staff Title : Human Unit Not Killable
Custom Title : †Godslayer†
Activity Points : 35946

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:13 pm

Can I be the obligatory Metal Rorek bonus fight? *shot*
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:37 pm

xD

Actually, I think that might work somehow. Perhaps as a bonus round after the Quarter Finals. We'll see~
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:03 am

Due note that everything has been moved from the general hub bub of Custom Programs to the Tournament Section of this area.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Let it be known that Dante has withdrawn Lotus in favor of Terra.

Just a quick announcement~
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:02 am

Who else wanted to join in, just curious. We're still in the pre-lims so...
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:17 am

Not for much longer. 16 is a nice number, too.

If Necro doesn't post soon, he'll be booted, in which case another spot will be open. Though Zags will probably take it with another character, so...
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:26 am

Well if Del's okay with it, I'd slot in one of my guys... I've been getting some fighting spirit charged in me watching everyone fight each other.
Back to top Go down
Toast
Page of Blood
Page of Blood
Toast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Necro has withdrawn from the competition, and the void created by his absence has now been filled by Zags' title character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)   Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros ALLIED (OOC/Discussion Topic)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next