Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone still wants to RP?

Go down 
+4
Chibi
Ninetails
ThomasWindar
Xellious Noon
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

Anyone still wants to RP? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:35 pm

I was curious if any members still check this subforum for RPs. For topics to join, or plot ideas, or even just out of plain boredom.

At least if you're reading this that means I'm not the last one standing. That's a bit encouraging. A tiny bit.

With the continued lack of new RPs and how much those still alive slowed down, I spent some time digging through the RP forum and reading old RPs instead. *obligatory sigh of nostalgia here* ... but to not bore you with any of that, let me jump straight to the point of this topic.

I want to start an RP where our characters are a group of mercenaries. Soldiers for hire, basically, or bounty hunters, since I haven't settled on specifics yet. Well, not all of them, except a few.

Like the fact the world will be a blend of magic and technology to allow for all kinds of characters and enemies, including the existence of MagiTech. On at least a Final Fantasy level.

And our group will have an airship all to themselves for a mobile base. Imagine, they travel the world, land/anchor near big cities, take on assignments, go out into dangerous areas full of monsters, whether it's forests, caves, dungeons, deserts, swamps, mountains or any other place, slay the enemies, avoid traps, solve mysteries and complete their given mission, then return to collect the reward and spend that money on supplies, repairs, new equipment or whatever they want. They hang around for a couple days, until the city offers nothing more, and then take off towards another town.

There could be a bigger overall plot but I'd prefer to start from simple adventures to not limit what folks would do. A narrow plot that bottlenecks people is specifically something I want to avoid. Consequently, I will improvise what I didn't plan, but that should be the better solution. At least I'll be able to flexibly respond to any of the members' suggestions.

I want to use Oscar and Nike again, as two members of the mercenaries. You might remember them from some of the past RPs, if so, I encourage you to bring back your old characters too, if you miss them like I did mine.

The mercenaries would be a close band of friends as well as a gang of proffessionals who take on jobs together. They'd have some shared history, but come from different backgrounds otherwise. They'd probably be in the age range from 18 to 25, too.

One character can also be the owner and captain of the airship they fly - this position I will hand out to the first one to ask for it, but if nobody is interested I will probably create an NPC who won't join the folks on missions and let that captain stay on the airship at all times.

I also thought that our characters could have both names and 'Aliases' because those are cool. I mean, names they use only amongst themselves and titles or other false names that they are famous for and addressed by the public (in this case Nike would be Blaze). This is an optional feature, but let me know if you like or dislike it.

I haven't chosen the power level of this RP yet. I'm leaning towards a small start and letting the characters grow in power over time, as they accumulate treasures and experience and obtain bigger and better weapons and armor for themselves. If you're okay with that, great, if not then tell me what you'd prefer and let's work out some compromise from then on.

With the power level decided I'll put up an outline and get to approving characters and their powers for the RP. Once I'm certain you won't break the RP wide open with an immortal vampire who tagged along to trick the party and steal all their treasure, or something else dangerously ridiculous, I'll post that you're accepted.

That's all I can think of for now. If I have 3-5 other members' interest then that should be enough.

Comments?
Questions?
Ideas?

Let me know. In terms of RPs, there ain't nothing else holding my attention right now. >.>
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 1:38 pm

Entering with Thomas the Mercenary.
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122707

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:12 pm

I've been trying to get some people together for an EA RP for awhile actually, but could never get enough people or come up with anything. And we all know what happened the past few times I tried starting RPs on my own (looool).

I'm glad to see this attempt to try and breathe life back into things, especially since all the RPs going now have been on-going and can't be joined/storyline of UB can't progress until they finish. If this ends up taking off, Book, count me in.
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:50 pm

So we have two people already. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Hmm, I wanted to wait some more, but if nobody else responded I might as well post this here. This will be the outline for the mercenary character you will be using, though it's just half of what I had in mind. But for now, fill out the first half please.

Outline

Spoiler:

A few words on what each of the entries means:
Spoiler:

Okay.... that should do it. And, my two characters' profiles for this RP, to give you guys further ideas.

Nike

Spoiler:

Oscar

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Chibi
Warrior of Light
Chibi

Female

Permanent Name : ChibiForte
Activity Points : 77028

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 5:12 am

oooooo! Can I join? 8D

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 am

Still thinking about a character because Bookman rejected my Barbarian - Fabio the Buttsplitter.

It is a sad day for the Barbarian class....
Back to top Go down
Sasha
-DIVER DRIVE-
Sasha

Female

Permanent Name : Sasha
Custom Title : I've got 141 and 2/3 percent chance of winning.
Activity Points : 51673

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 9:21 am

Spoiler:

I may make the pilot character as well. Maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.scatteredhorizon.com/index.php
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 20, 2013 7:42 pm

Wow it got lively now.

Isaiah and Sasha both accepted so far.

As for Fabio, I can't let him join with a clear conscience when already I can see Oscar himself would question what's he doing in a group with a gay barbarian. And what about others' characters having such doubts?

When making your character it's good to think about how you'll fit the others already on the team. You don't have to be the perfect teammate, it's okay to be a lone wolf somewhat and put your five minutes in the spotlight to good use when that turn comes. But if I can picture a scenario when a given character would disrupt the team, that's a bad sign. That's something to avoid.

I'll try and chat up with everyone still, whether on Skype or otherwise. To give you some things to think about, hmm...

What kind of missions / merc jobs would you be interested in doing? What kinds are you looking forward to?
What would you like to receive as rewards? Gold and treasures? Shiny new equipment? Accessories / artifacts to boost your powers and grant new abilities? Fame and recognition among people, as skilled mercenaries or otherwise? Or maybe something still more exotic?

Also, how do you feel about your character's growth in power? It's pretty much agreed by now that all our characters will start out still inexperienced and grow stronger, but have you thought what form that growth would take? Would they unlock some hidden powers, practice their fighting skills until they master them, buy or build upgrades to their weapon and armor, or some other way?

Also, what would you prefer: to follow a set vision for your character's growth in power and arrive by degrees where you had planned to be from the start? Or would you prefer to leave that unspecified, see how the RP develops, and take advantage of what new powers become available? In that second case more is left up to me, but I'll still leave opportunities for growth that are in line with your defined Battle Style that you described.

I'd ask more, but I guess this is enough for one post. Your answers and individual chats will help me decide on the overall power level for the RP, and then I'll jump to skills... or you can share your ideas for them already if you'd like and we'll work things out from there.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Bookman wrote:
Wow it got lively now.

Isaiah and Sasha both accepted so far.

As for Fabio, I can't let him join with a clear conscience when already I can see Oscar himself would question what's he doing in a group with a gay barbarian. And what about others' characters having such doubts?

When making your character it's good to think about how you'll fit the others already on the team. You don't have to be the perfect teammate, it's okay to be a lone wolf somewhat and put your five minutes in the spotlight to good use when that turn comes. But if I can picture a scenario when a given character would disrupt the team, that's a bad sign. That's something to avoid.
Which character so far is our "Front Line Meatshield"? Nike? I doubt Oscar is going to charge the enemy to focus fire on himself and Isaiah and Sasha don't look like Tanks to me. So, if Oscar would ask why Fabio is on the team - He is our Front Line fighter. The only one sturdy enough to charge the enemy while others clean up from a safe position. Unless as the GM you can claim that "You shall never be ambushed" and "You shall never openly fight with enemies with melee weapons" I would say we could use us a Fabio tank.

I don't see how having a Gay Barbarian disrupts anything in the team. I'd say he has potential to be a fun character since he breaks the stereotype while at the same time giving us a sturdy fighter. Perhaps you can give me an example other than "Oscar would feel bad about having him around." Especially that seeing how Merc jobs might require bulk, a bag of muscles is a good idea to have on your team.

Bookman wrote:

What kind of missions / merc jobs would you be interested in doing? What kinds are you looking forward to?
What would you like to receive as rewards? Gold and treasures? Shiny new equipment? Accessories / artifacts to boost your powers and grant new abilities? Fame and recognition among people, as skilled mercenaries or otherwise? Or maybe something still more exotic?
Some real merc missions could be a nice start. What differs mercs from heroes is definitely the fact that Mercs are "hired for money" for different selfish reasons. Aside from just adventuring, it would be a nice change of pace to sometimes just "be hired to guard a noble at a party" or "assassinate this guy cause I don't like him" or "I need you to help us defend this city for a week before the reinforcement armies arrive".

I'm open for every scenario, just as long as we don't just "go to X, loot place, return to NPC" every single time. Not saying we shouldn't go visit dungeons, just... have a healthy mix of "Go dungeon - Protect some cargo - Don't let the enemy storm the fortress - Go slay some monsters in a new dungeon - Defend a noble giving us a speech to the wild crowd - Protect a merchant while traveling through the monster forest - go Dungeon again".

As for rewards, I'd say Gold is always nice. Just as long as we can SHOP for nice stuff. I don't need to find a nice Axe if I can just get a pile of money and dump it at the Smithy and visit the local Enchanter to get myself a new "Buttripping Axe of Fire +2".

Of course, if we would on a rare occasion find a nice artifact item - that would be cool. I just vote for that stuff to be rare, so we can appreciate it once it is here.

Bookman wrote:

Also, how do you feel about your character's growth in power? It's pretty much agreed by now that all our characters will start out still inexperienced and grow stronger, but have you thought what form that growth would take? Would they unlock some hidden powers, practice their fighting skills until they master them, buy or build upgrades to their weapon and armor, or some other way?

Also, what would you prefer: to follow a set vision for your character's growth in power and arrive by degrees where you had planned to be from the start? Or would you prefer to leave that unspecified, see how the RP develops, and take advantage of what new powers become available? In that second case more is left up to me, but I'll still leave opportunities for growth that are in line with your defined Battle Style that you described.

I'd ask more, but I guess this is enough for one post. Your answers and individual chats will help me decide on the overall power level for the RP, and then I'll jump to skills... or you can share your ideas for them already if you'd like and we'll work things out from there.
I'd say we should go with a steady + meaningful growth mix.

Have us master the skills we have by upgrading them by small portions but sometimes getting an entirely new skill that we can use. That way the rise in power is consistent but sometimes we can spike with that new skill to get a nice feeling.

And I'd definitely vote for us having some skills to start with.

Fabio the Barbarian:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm

Hmm... I don't know what to do in this case.

You're right that the party needs a tank. And a barbarian has the potential to be a great tank. And a gay barbarian has the potential to be a really fun character, beyond just breaking the stereotype.

It's when I add these points together and get 'SX wants to roleplay the gay barbarian tanking for the team' that I'm not sure if it's okay. A lot of it depends on execution, of course.

Still... nobody else commented even after you posted Fabio's profile. So maybe they're not worried? If others don't mind having him in the party, then I was wrong about him disrupting things.

In other words, what I'm saying is if the others are okay with Fabio I'll approve him. If they're not okay, we're back to square one with what character you will be using, although you could still pick someone who'd be tanking, for example. I'll wait till they speak up, or I guess if they don't post either 'yay' or 'nay' then those members don't feel strongly enough either way to comment on him.

I have to thank you for replying to the questions I posed, too. So let me elaborate on those a bit more.
(Wow this is looong... I'll put it in spoilers, but honestly, everyone in the RP should read this)

Spoiler:

Alright, with all of that out of the way - since most members are in favour of a low power level, all the skills start tame. Here I'm posting Nike and Oscar's skills, so you can use them as examples to gauge yours too. Also, like I wrote earlier, the moves you improvise can do nearly anything but should be within the limits of your skills' power level, to keep things balanced.

You'll also notice I don't use anything like 'this skill does X damage'. I'm not counting HP, so it won't be as precise. Instead - every skill is followed with an 'Example' to show it used and give an idea of its power and purpose. It's the first time I try this, but I hope this way they'll be easy to understand for everyone - tell me how you feel about that.

Nike's Skills
Spoiler:

Oscar's Skills
Spoiler:

Now... here are some additional comments from me about the skills you see above (again a spoiler because this just grows so long @.@).

Spoiler:

And after all of these specific comments, one more paragraph in general, not spoilered, because it's something very important.

I won't give out precise EXP amounts as rewards, but rather every so often (after battles, or solving puzzles, completing missions, avoiding traps, negotiating successfully etc.) your characters will get a chance to upgrade one of their skills. Which one will it be?

One out of two or three skills that you have been using a lot in that time period. In short, the skills you use the most will be the ones that grow in power, and you'll also have a chance to pick the exact skill from a few. The skills that I'll keep track of will reset after every upgrade so you can change your style and aim to upgrade a different skill if you'd like to.

And what happens if you don't use skills much or at all? Then most likely you will have improvised a lot in that time period, and one of your improvised moves will evolve into a skill that you'll be free to pick up from that time.

Hopefully this will prove easy to learn and fun to use, in practice. Well then.... that's all from me for now. Any questions?

Catch me in the CB/on Skype/PM me, or otherwise, or just post your skill ideas in this topic, and let's start negotiating them. Once enough people have characters along with their skill lists approved, I'll post the first topic and the RP will get started.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 8:38 am

I'll join and put someone in in the next couple days.

Some sort of werewolf dude. Cause they're awesome.
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

Custom Title : Glitterbug
Activity Points : 42009

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 am

Interested, but I'm worried about my activity holding up the RP (as usual...)

If there's a way to work around that/for me to take maybe a more minor role, I'll put in a character in the next few days?
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Maybe we could create two RP topics around it, like two teams? One for the "we are active" team and one for the "we have a life" team that goes slower?

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25, 2013 6:48 pm

OvO Sure I'll find room for you. Welcome aboard, Kevin and Chiro-chan.

As for 'two teams', hmm... actually I had an idea how to conduct this RP to suit people with different schedules from basically the beginning, since the point Ky joined. So that keeping track of progress is easier, same for following the plot.

The idea I had was making a 'main plot' topic, where our characters go around town, socialize, look up and accept new missions, or spend time in their airship, that kind of stuff. With no battles in it, specifically, like exploring the world map and cities in Final Fantasy games worked.

Then, aside from the 'main plot' topic, I would make a separate topic for every mission/job that our mercenary group takes on. It'd be like those parts in games when the party ventures into forests/dungeons/caves/etc. Areas where you can expect battles and puzzles and so on. Also, these separate topics would allow for following the missions as their own, self-contained adventures, that join together into a larger narrative with the main topic's plot moving forward steadily.

Spoiler:

I believe that this approach has many benefits to it. For one, there is no strict division between 'fast group' and 'slow group' or anything like that. Instead, members who are interested in a certain quest have their characters join the party forming to go on a mission. We can adjust the numbers and group structure each time, to suit the kind of job that it'll be. This also opens up solo or duo missions for characters who are interested in those, for flavor reasons or simply to have an easier time not posting in a bigger crowd.

The mission topics would list off the members who are taking part in them, so it's easy to see who goes where even after we've finished that RP. Meanwhile, everyone is free to participate in the main plot, where if everybody leaves the topic pauses and a timeskip begins afresh when the group is back already (with links to the topics when missions begin, and links in said topics to the page where the group returns in the main plot). Someone staying behind could still chat and socialize, or explore the town, completely on their own speed.

At least it sounds like a good idea to me. Tell me what you think of it, or even better, if you have another idea then share it, it might help us make this RP even better overall.

.... now, since Chiro-chan asked about a minor role... that's plenty possible too. There's a couple options at least, and all making sense. It really depends on what kind of fun you're looking forward to in this RP. You could be the captain of the airship, or the party's obligatory white mage stationed there and patching up folks after they get some bruises and beatings, or maybe you could run a shop and sell items or even craft equipment for the others, or be a spy and secret informant wandering around the town and collecting info for the mercenaries, or finding them new jobs to take on? OvO The beauty of this early stage is that I can make room for you easily... so, what would you like best, Chiro-chan?
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 11:52 am

I'm happy to take a support role - perhaps a mix up of two roles you suggested?

Say, a healer/white mage based on the airship, but not confined to it - so I'd be treating non-party members on the side. This way I could potentially gather information/rumours from treating other patients, and I could join expeditions when I've got the time to RP (eg. holidays)?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 1:44 pm

That sounds like a great idea. ^_^

Since other people are taking their time with characters, I'll share another detail I've been thinking of in the meantime. I'll be brief this time though.

Hometowns.

Everyone of our mercenaries had lived someplace before they joined the group on board of an airship. But I didn't put in a history detail (or personality, for that matter) so nobody knows that about the others yet.

This is something I feel would be cool improvised. In short - at any point in the RP, when arriving at a new town/city/village etc., if you haven't yet chosen your hometown you can declare your character comes from that place. If you like the region and find it fits your vision of the character, go for it.

This provides its share of small benefits, including friends and family you can visit or get gifts from, or take on jobs from them. You may have a local reputation as people there still remember you. You may have good deals at the library to look up magic, or at the weaponsmith for cool deals, or something still different. And you'll be getting bonus information about the areas around your hometown, monsters that live there, in general stuff that can help with the jobs you'll be taking on.

So it's a pretty sweet deal, but the only downside is you choose your hometown once, and afterwards you can't switch it. All of the benefits are limited to the local area you choose them for.

I'm planning to have 6 significantly different regions of the world, and for each of those there will be a small town/village setting to choose (so you can pick That village, or Not That Village But One Just Like It), and a big city/capitol setting you can choose (obviously only one per region, so that would have to be your Hometown). I might throw in a couple more places to visit but I think that's not too many but provides enough variety.

If you have a specific culture or history in mind for your character, talk with me about it too, on Skype or otherwise, and I'll suggest a hometown for you to choose in advance before the group goes there, if you'd rather do it that way. You're trading possibilities met during the course of the RP in exchange for the one hometown you really envision suits your character.

>> I'll post the hometowns for Oscar and Nike later in this RP. I have yet to make up my mind, I know they'll be siblings, but perhaps they were separated at birth and only met later on, so different hometowns for them are not out of the question... except what would that mean in practice? Ha, lots to think about.

(*Looks up* ... dang. And I wanted to be brief - well it's shorter than I'd write otherwise XD)
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122707

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:17 am

So, aeons later due to work and school getting in my way, my character is finally done:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 am

Awesome, thanks Ky. He's accepted, of course.

Now come his skills list.

Spoiler:

Note for the others - you can pick any names for skills as you want. The descriptions and examples are a result of the chat where you get to negotiate for the kind of skills you'd like to have. My role as GM is primarily to keep sure everyone's powers are balanced across the team, but beyond that, you can have nearly anything. Even a reputation skill like Ky's Enki has. XD
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55795

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 4:10 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 5:42 am

Super scrappy because EA just ate my fricking post/profile (logged me out) - I can't redo it because I have to leave for work now but will edit in proper details at a later date. Don't wait on me if you're wanting to start!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:39 pm

Awww. Better luck posting next time, Chiro-chan. Don't worry about making us wait... several other members aren't ready yet, either, so I'll give everyone the time they need.

Trevor accepted, Emily (so far) accepted, I'll see about the changes you make.

Now for Trevor's skills.

Spoiler:

A word on magic since Emily is a healer. I haven't set all details in stone, but in this RP, everybody has the capacity to use magic, because living beings possess mana that's used for spells. You can have spells even if you're not a dedicated mage, though you'll be learning each one as a big event unles you get proper training in spellcasting. They tend to have pretty big effects actually (Blast Bomb and Bubble Blockade are examples so far) but have the downside of requiring you to spend a turn charging mana for them.

So in Emily's case, a healing spell will be very powerful, but she can have non-magical ways to heal too (after all everybody can buy/find/receive as gift/etc. potions) to complement the healing magic.

A character who has no spells at all and never learns magic can still use mana differently - usually to boost their other skills, pay for particularly powerful attacks that can't be used otherwise, to sustain transformations if you'll go that way... or finally to use certain mana-powered relics. But more on that later. For now I just wanted to let you know you don't have to pick up spells if you don't want to, you'll get something else instead if you leave them out.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 10:02 am

I decided to change my character. As nice a character Fabio is, we will go with another dips character.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 6:11 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 12:03 pm

After making like a 6th character and posting two here, there are constantly technical problems with the characters, non of them being compatible with the game.

So, I guess I have to quit the RP. Have fun without me.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:36 pm

*acknowledges SX's leaving*

Devon accepted. His skills are the following.

Spoiler:

With this many characters I can start the RP. I'll post the topic shortly after.

It'll start from a simple mission as a warm up. This doesn't require everybody's participation, so a handful of characters can pop in and take care of this then rejoin the others a little later, meaning those without a ready character can spend some more time preparing and hop on afterwards, while at the same time those who were first aren't kept waiting.

So the mission isn't obligatory, but it's an easy one with a small reward for completing it, too. So whether or not you join is entirely up to you.

Since I made a deal with Chibi I'll extend the invitation to everyone: if you have a character accepted but you don't have your skills yet, or you don't know what skills you'd want, you can leave that open and join the RP without them. During the first mission I'll look closely at how you fight, you can improvise any maneuvers that your weapon, physical condition and fighting style suggest are possible, and then after the mission I'll propose skills for your character based on how you performed. If you are worried that you might roleplay your character too strong or too weak, just use the power level of others' skills to help you get it right, and if you're still unsure just describe what you intend to do and leave the results and their scale up to me.

Any other questions, ask either OOC when the topic starts, in here, or just catch me in the CB/via PM/on Skype as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone still wants to RP?   Anyone still wants to RP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone still wants to RP?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: