Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Long time no RP, no?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

Custom Title : I still exist!
Activity Points : 42746

Long time no RP, no? Empty
PostSubject: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:15 pm

After reading back on some nostalgia and seeing how much shit I've written back in the days I said to myself - you know, right now I could do this so much much much better now.

So I am posting just to make this question if someone would be interested in it:

I want to re-boot the RDA - Royal Dreaming Academy. It's going to be a huge reboot with a massive amount of changes and fixes. Simple, efficient yet just simply time-consuming to write a lot of stuff for it. (It will be very easy to play - it just is heavy on mission stuff and quests - writing them is time consuming).

So would anyone wish to go for a reboot?

New RDA Features:
- Super-Simplified combat system. NO CALCULATIONS NEEDED at all.
- Role Play heavy - the game is fully about character development. That is the main flavor.
- Power gain - You can grind stats, loot and skills. LOADS of it.
- Again - combat is super simplified so it won't get in the way of the game. Intuitive and easy to operate. Just time-consuming to write, but really easy to operate for a player.
- An optional main-quest plot that can be pursued by the players with each one of you having their own, unique quest and many side-quest missions. These will allow you to utilize the stats and skills you've learned in the academy. This time, you will not have a plot force-fed to you.
- The game is heavy on planning your character development. If you dislike customizing your stats, skills, gear, items, party and familiars - this might not appeal to you. It is very heavy on preparation for quests. You will receive quest details and get a "game-month" of time to spend preparing for the quest in the academy. After you grind up your stats and prepare your gear - it is adventure time after which you shall be graded and receive further artifacts and customization options. Also - what you learn is entirely up to you. If you make a bad decision, you might feel it during the mission as it will be harder for you then. If you make good decisions, you will breeze with an A+. You will receive a lot of subtle information about the quest to decipher on your own so... you will have time to prepare.
- Easy, non-complicated PvP that gives full power to your decisions. Very strategic and you can do a lot by role playing out your moves, so stats and skills are not the only deciding factor.
- Again, the combat system is super-simple to use.

This would be a compilation of everything that worked in RDA, Master Gear and other RPs I did with all the problems being removed and fixed. The RP will be especially crafted to work specifically in forum environment. I made loads of research during the time to see how to create such games so this will be something you probably not seen by me ever. Although, I must know how many people would wish to participate in it, as it will be time-consuming on my part to make sure this all works upon release. As a further note - I will be posting the details here as they come, but the RP will not start fast. Apologies for that - it will take time to put in written words.

Ahem... so anyone wish to join in? Or would this be a pointless waste of time to create?
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138953

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 8:20 pm

All the nostalgia

And I'll get to use Oscar and Nike again

I'm in, of course. You can count on me always.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Alright, so we're going the two of us. Here are the character details:

Spoiler:

Appearance is not really set, you can just describe yourself during the RP.

Classes to choose from:
1) Destroyer - Destroyers are given 2 extra Destruction seals and their Destruction Abilities are more powerful.
2) Creator - Creators are given 2 extra Construction seals and their Construction Abilities are more powerful.
3) Alter - Alterators are given 2 extra Reconstruction seals and their Altering Abilities are more powerful.

About Amplifiers:

Amplifiers are simply magic stones that contain the seals of the hero. The stones can be located anywhere on the body and can have any element in them. Based on that stone you create your abilities. Position of the stone can be changed and during the course of the game you will get more such stones if you wish to.
Hands -> Offensive abilities are increased.
Legs -> Movement abilities are increased.
Torso -> Defensive abilities are increased.
Head -> Support abilities are increased.

Each character starts with 1 seal for each of the three types and receives 5 extra seals to distribute how he wishes.

Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 pm

I'll give it a whirl.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 am

Name: Nike
Class: Destroyer
Element and Position of Amplifier: Sunlight, slotted into her breastplate armor, just above the navel height.
Seals:
- Destruction 5
- Construction 2
- Reconstruction 3

Name: Oscar
Class: Creator
Element and Position of Amplifier: Moonlight, slotted into a zorro-like metal band, between his eyes.
Seals:
- Destruction 2
- Construction 5
- Reconstruction 3
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Alright then, just a short explanation about Seals.

Seals are technically stats for our abilities. Destruction is used to give damage into moves, Construction is used whenever you want to materialize something out of thin air, while Reconstruction is used to give speed/range to stuff existing.

Thing of it like this:
Destruction = Damage
Construction = Hit Points
Reconstruction = Speed/Range

Additionally you can only affect your Amplifiers Element with the seals. In other words, if let's say you have "Fire" as your crystal. You can manipulate flames and make them "explode in a blaze", "vanish suddenly" or "just put fire damage into whatever weapon/punch you are performing" using destruction. Construction lets you just "spawn fire" out of nowhere. Reconstruction allows you to "spawn fire from a distance", "make fire travel from place to place" or "make fire bend and shape to your will".

During the course of the RP you will get more seals to increase your stats. Additionally you will get more crystals to manipulate more elements.
These are just stats to tell power levels. If you see an enemy with 3 crystals while you have 2, you know he is around 50% stronger than you. If you see someone with 20 crystals, you better run unless you yourself have 20 or more.

You can perform as many actions as you have seals for them during your post.

Also, Nike and Oscar are fine and launching.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71292

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 6:49 pm

Well I can't say I didn't deserve the three pages I have to read up on.

I'll put in an outline, just need a bit more information. Can you explain the classes a bit more? Alter, more so.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 8:17 pm

Sorry about how fast it went, Kevin. >> I'll slow down after I check all the altars so Nike and Oscar can go with your character on a mission together.
Back to top Go down
ThomasWindar
Game Master (RP GM)
ThomasWindar

Male

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Simply speaking, the classes work like bonuses. When you use let's say 2 Destruction seals as a Destroyer, they count as more than 2 D-Seals from others. Think of it as a "0.5 of a seal" added to all destruction seals. Similarly for all other classes. Alter and Creator also get a 0.5 Seal bonus to their main seal. It is just for the sake of stat keeping though.

As for how an Alter would work, think of it as someone who is just faster than others. Once again, it is easier to consider the seals like this:
Destruction = Damage
Construction = Hit Points
Reconstruction = Speed/Range

In terms of RP effects, read it as this:
Destruction = Add impact to hits OR make stuff explode OR make the element you control vanish
Construction = Create your element out of nothing
Reconstruction = Shape your element into items of your choice OR cast spells at a range OR make your element move from place to place

Sometimes you can achieve the same result using more than one seal. For example, you can use Construction and Reconstruction seals to make a giant boulder appear above someone's head to crush them. You can also create a block of stone in your hand and throw it at someone, using Reconstruction seals to speed the projectile up and hit at bigger force.

Just as a note - the skill part of the RP is set in the ability to use the seals (or should I say, explain the reasoning behind their use). You can however prepare skills for yourself if you find it easier to use.

For example, let's say I use "Earth" as my Amplifier. I can just create a skill in my notepad like this:

"Earth Spike - Creates a Spike made of Earth above a desired target and drops it. - 2 Construction Seals to create Earth out of nowhere, 2 Reconstruction seals to make it appear at a small range and shape it into a spike"

That way you have a skill you can just use. You can use as many attacks as you can pay with your seals, so if you have 4 C and R seals, you can cast two such Earth Spikes during one turn. More so, I can use my Destruction seals and make the summoned spikes both have +1 D seal for extra damage.

Creating skills is not required, but if you find operating on skills easier than on seals, I can also make up some skills for you. You can negotiate such skills at any time you wish to have a big move pool. Also, you can always improvise with Seals at any time. That's how I make this flexible, since if you find the Seals too confusing, you can just go for skills instead until you fell comfortable to use seals.

By the way - The Celestial Beings offer spells so that I can give you effects that are impossible to make or would be too confusing with seals. Surge for example makes you move and run at hyper speed for a short time. Since Seals basically give no self-buffs, the spells can grant them to you this way. Not to mention armors. After all, magic is not always just the way to go, sometimes you might want to have an item that simply does the job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long time no RP, no?   Long time no RP, no? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Long time no RP, no?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Eternal Allied :: OOC Organization-
Jump to: