Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Codex of the Unwanted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138688

Codex of the Unwanted Empty
PostSubject: Codex of the Unwanted   Codex of the Unwanted I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 7:13 am

I've been sharing this with some of you on the CB already, now here's a big more than the background info.

INTRODUCTION

The year is 202X... Humanity is held hostage by a new kind of warfare that developed as a means to bring an end to the 'war on terror'. The United States of America used it to 'bring an end to wars', but in the eyes of the rest of the world they infringed upon their neighbours' independence. However, because of a combination of crafty politics, illegal economic practices and the usage of their secret weapon, all opposition was eliminated. The goal of world peace and the first global government where the USA deals the cards became a reality. And the President would rule the world from the White House for the rest of the century, if it weren't for one small oversight...

How the people responsible turned against their own country for their private benefits.

Under the official banner of worldwide peace, a different kind of war rages now. It is the war between the clueless majority called the Unaware, who live from day to day in blissful ignorance; the elite in power known only as the Unreal, who wish to stay invisible and anonymous and that way escape retaliation; and a third category of citizens, disorganized and isolated from information and even each other, the Unwanted are the last enemy to fall before the world can enjoy endless peace. Rumor has it that the Unwanted and the Unreal cooperated in the past, but they are now enemies and the Unreal need to destroy every last one of them to prevent their secrets from reaching the media and stirring the Unaware from their sleepy conformism.

Joining this RP you are one of the Unwanted. At first glance you appear to be a human, aside from a few unnatural body marks that are easily concealed under clothing. However, you have unnatural powers potentially lethal in application, as well as no recollection of your past beyond a given point, with occasional memory loss troubling you. Your (IC) memory is reset every few days, although there are matters you do not forget. You know your own name. You recognize the names and faces of certain familiar people, though can't recall details except when they're around. And you know the Codex, though some Unwanted memorize more of it, some less.

That's the essential intro information. But since I discussed things in the CB I'll reveal a bit more for those who weren't present then.

The Unreal rule the world and ordinary humans through mind control, that's why the memories of the Unwanted aren't safe in their heads. They will have certain ways to lose vital information, and then ways to recover them.

There is also an Unwanted Mastermind trying to unite them in opposition of the Unreal and end their rule. It's the creator of the Codex, too, but held imprisoned by the Unreal. Expect a prison break sometime later.

The Codex consists of Laws, which are rules the Unwanted have to follow. Each Law contains a Price for Breaking it, so those Unwanted who aren't ready to pay the Price generally don't challenge the Codex. Although it restrains them, the Codex also protects the Unwanted (because it comes from the Mastermind, ha). Its origin and true purpose are a mystery you will seek to discover during this RP.

THE CODEX
The 1st Law
Do not reveal who you truly are, what powers you have, or what Codex Laws you know, except to someone aware of the Siren. The Price for breaking this Law is the End of Freedom.
The 2nd Law
Spoiler:
The 3rd Law
Spoiler:
The 4th Law
Spoiler:
The 5th Law
Spoiler:
The 6th Law
Spoiler:
The 7th Law
Spoiler:
The 8th Law
Spoiler:

More Laws shall be edited in as you discover them.

THE UNWANTED POWERS

On joining this RP you select a general direction for your powers, which will develop over time. There are 8 available Classes and 4 specializations in each of them, but you spend points on these broad groups instead of specific powers that'll emerge as a result. The names of Classes are a fair indicator of usefulness though.

You start out with 5 points you can put into any Classes. Specializations don't cost points but you can only choose one per Rank (which corresponds to how many Laws of the Codex you know). Once chosen, a Specialization improves all your powers that belong to a specific Class. You can only get 2 out of the 4 possible specializations for any one Class. You can also only buy up to 6 Classes maximum, so those you don't invest in until the end will become locked for you.

Also, once you have created your character you no longer just sit back and spend points on skills you want to raise. Instead, you spend the points IC, by using powers and pushing their limits. Every stage of the RP you have certain powers mastered (that appear in your character's updated profile) and a few points set aside as 'potential', which will upgrade your current powers or unlock new ones as the situation demands your hero to break current limits. Again you can't choose the specific effect to gain upon upgrade, but your intentions and favoured powers do matter.

Each class also has an associated color. Your character's body markings, whether one or multiple, must manifest in the colors of classes you have invested in, and grow more numerous as you unlock new powers. The shape of your Markings is up to you - it should be one repeating symbol or pattern however, which stands for the 'Theme' of your character, that'll shape your powers to be truly unique to your hero's and unlike anyone else's (if not mechanically, at least when specifics come into play). The Theme should thus reflect your character in some important way, either be shaped by their personality or be somehow tied with their dreams/ambitions, or even their destiny.

CLASSES:
-Slayer (Strength, Weapons, Agility, Stealth) (Markings are Red)
-Destroyer (Force, Blast, Radius, Shock) (Markings are Purple)
-Sentinel (Armor, Barrier, Heal, Seal) (Markings are Yellow)
-Racer (Vroom, Cabin, Turn, Brake) (Markings are Green)
-Machinist (Construct, Dismantle, Upgrade, Gadget) (Markings are Grey)
-Partner (Size, Range, Time, Skill) (Markings are Blue)
-Auditor (Man, Metal, Nature, Fate) (Markings are Brown)
-Hacker (Avatar, Broadcast, Cyberspace, Program) (Markings are Cyan)

You start out with Rank 1 and your basic powers mastered, because it's assumed you've partially awakened and practiced them prior to the start of the RP. Rank 1 has 5 points to spend, rank 2 has... ToBeContinued.

CHARACTER TEMPLATE

Spoiler:

Last edited by Spiral-Specs on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71027

PostSubject: Re: Codex of the Unwanted   Codex of the Unwanted I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:46 pm

I'm game once you've nailed down the details.
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138688

PostSubject: Re: Codex of the Unwanted   Codex of the Unwanted I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 am

I knew I'd sooner catch you through the topic than in the CB. XD

At least I can count on you, Zags and OC for now, and maaaybe Guy... the Health and Energy stats did discourage some folks like I thought. <.<

But then, Zags gave me an idea so I'll be getting rid of those. It'll involve a class system overhaul so the details in place now are not set in stone. As soon as I work them out I'll edit the first post here.

EDIT: First post edited. Also in this post I will include an example character, at the level I'd like from you guys and with example powers already decided (remember these are up to my discretion) (Example powers aren't finalized, they may be edited for balancing reason).

Example filled Template (by you)

Spoiler:

Example approved Template (after deciding powers, among other stuff)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Codex of the Unwanted   Codex of the Unwanted I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Codex of the Unwanted
Page 1 of 1