Eternal Allied
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?

Go down 
+6
Chatbox Kingu Python
Ninetails
Necrolance
Delta
Agent of Chaos
Xellious Noon
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Location : Poland, being anti-average and spreading a high IQ aura around me
Permanent Name : Bookman
Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....
Activity Points : 138688

OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? Empty
PostSubject: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 pm

If you need a sample, click here. There's many styles and degrees to this, I picked a primarily "cutesy" one for the example. No matter.

What matters is that I'm pumped up and excited (Midnyte's ideas do that to people XD) to start a gijinka RP. All I need is an excuse a justification for changing everyone into gijinka Pokemon. Likewise, if there is a good deal of members interested I'll need a plotline that allows me to split the group into smaller teams and manage several RPs for them.

Right now I'm stuck between mostly the Final Fantasy Tactics method (the heroes' world was changed overnight from Ivalice the town to Ivalice the FF country), some invasion method (pseudo-trainers arrive to kidnap people, turn them into gijinka, use these to kidnap even more, etc.) and a "random hero summon" method (when a beginner summoner transports everyone to another world they need to save).

I like the last one because it'd allow me to apply "world switch transformation" - from that other world, gijinka can come to ours and instantly become humans, while when we go there we are instantly transformed into our signature gijinka. Humans as such don't exist there because everyone transforms. Makes it easier not to stand out too much. That, and once there we can start fighting monsters ruining the peace.

Watch the vid, read the description, and then tell me if you're interested or not; and if yes, what Pokemon would you choose? You can even pick a custom one (I'm dying to make one like that). Types, abilities, and attacks will carry over straight from the games (so if you pick Dialga then Roar of Time is a powerful attack, but you don't actually get to stop time whenever you want. XD That's how things stay balanced, I'd say).
Back to top Go down
Agent of Chaos

Agent of Chaos

Male

Permanent Name : ZeroMegaman
Custom Title : God of Destruction
Activity Points : 47224

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Zeru and Darkrai please.
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55530

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 pm

Is this gonna involve any sort of evolution? XD
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

Custom Title : Mr. Peace = Oh Lord, lend me patience to stand the randomness....

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:59 pm

......... good question.

If it does, then it'll be Digimon style evolution. As in, you change forms to get different type(s), new abilities to replace the old ones, and new attacks the past form doesn't have. The change is temporary though, and you have a time limit (usually) after which you change back.

Or else we can do without that and settle for the top evolution form (or not quite top; Vigoroth prefers to stay where it is, for example). I'm open for ideas, I guess it'll depend on what options the others consider more interesting.... I'd pick an evolving form, however - there are tactical reasons for choosing this way (think of Eevee in particular).
Back to top Go down
Delta
is awesome
Delta

Male

Staff Title : The Great Zagini
Activity Points : 55530

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:01 pm

...Dang, if we do it that way, I'll take Eevee XDD

If not, then probably Gallade.
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

Location : Out sailing the seas looking for rum with my jar of dirt.
Permanent Name : Necrolance
Custom Title : Why is the Rum gone?
Activity Points : 46141

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:50 pm

I'd be into it. If it's an evolution method, I'd want to be a Houndoom or Lucario. If digimon-style, then... I dunno.Maybe skarmory...
Spoiler:

That looks pretty badass.

Or a latios...
Spoiler:

Superhero much? XD

I found both on google, by the way.

I'd choose non-evolving pokemon if it was digimon-style because it would suck turning puny after a certain amount of time.

Also:

Spoiler:

I lol'd.
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122442

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:14 pm

I'll join :3 Is Ninetails an okay choice?

I'm just a bit confused with something, though. Are we humans who then become the Gijinka, or were we once human and then we became gijinka'd? I'm sorry I don't get it >_<
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Chatbox Kingu Python
Tokusatsu Soul
Chatbox Kingu Python

Male

Custom Title : The Greatest Psychic in the 21st Century
Activity Points : 50419

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:34 pm

Spoiler:

i wish to be the moltres *hit*

Seriously? I ain't seen a Hitmonchan yet, so I dunno.. I am interested though.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71027

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:00 am

I'm interested too...

I'd pick my favorite, Nidoking, but like... I'd be a Nidoran till I could do anything. XDD Better look at my alternatives...
Back to top Go down
Zembykins
The Mask of Barona
Zembykins

Female

Custom Title : Spry Striker
Activity Points : 54789

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:16 am

Oohh I was interested when you first mentioned it, and I am still interested. <3

I can't decide between Absol and Chimchou/Lanturn though. ;~;
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zembykins
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:33 am

What, no zembychu? Zembysol sounds alright but zembychou and zembyturn sound weird XD

But your choice. XD
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

Custom Title : Glitterbug
Activity Points : 41744

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 am

Quote :
I'm just a bit confused with something, though. Are we humans who then become the Gijinka, or were we once human and then we became gijinka'd? I'm sorry I don't get it >_<

Gijinka means human form, if that helps clear anything up.

And I think we'll be the first option? That was the impression I got anyways; but don't look at me, this is Dari's RP. XD

If you're looking for pictures but can't be stuffed watching the whole video, you can look here as well - same artist as the one in the vid, and it's got all of the ones they drew up to #493.

Go through the blog here - this is what got into me into Pokemon gijinka. They're re-doing their gallery at the moment so it's actually empty; you gotta go through their blog for all the entries that used to be in there. >.>

Alternatively, just dA search the pokemon and type in the word gijinka afterwards. There are some really great ones. XD

--------

Right now I'm thinking Misdreavus for me. =3
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

Staff Title : "Let's do this Jiraiya!"
Activity Points : 60313

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:28 am

If this many are joining I might as well

In which case I'd probably use Gengar, since he's one of my favorites, but might change...Dusknoir? Another type? who knows.
Back to top Go down
missmidnyte

missmidnyte

Female

Custom Title : Glitterbug
Activity Points : 41744

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:19 am

Oops I forgot to put these in!!

These are worth looking through - they're all guys btw. =P

This, this, this and this!

Sorry for taking over the thread, btw. It's just I used to be massively obsessed with them. XD;;;;

... and this is kinda kickstarting that again... >.>
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 am

why is miltank a man...
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:26 am

It's fine Chiro-chan. Thank you a lot for those - they're excellent for reference. OvO

Magnus, since you're having doubts let me say this.... (and this would hold whichever scenario we pick). Evolution isn't obligatory. You could pick Nidoking and stay in that form, although you wouldn't get the benefits that come from evolution, because of this. But yeah, you wouldn't turn back either - and even turned back you never go into a small, chibi form that's useless in battle like it was with digimon.

You can pick a weak bug or a strong stage 2 starter, or a legendary, but......
I'm wondering. Type, attacks and abilities carry over, but should stats carry over?
I thought 'no' so that everybody's roughly the same power (except those that do go through with evolution) and you go for your favourites rather than the toughest out there. Some of your choices would fit that already.

I forgot to ask of you to perhaps vote on which scenario you'd like more.... ^^;; Making it look like I'd still reserve the right to choose to myself.

But by now Chiro-chan's helped me decide.... and I don't have to make any pseudo-trainers if we go with 1st - and everybody can be just looking for a way to go back, or perhaps arguing with some that would rather stay like this. Sounds good with me.

..... how to gather everybody before the world shifts? In FFT, the heroes met over a "magic book" and then went to sleep to wake up in a different world... how about everyone belongs in the same Pokemon Club? To gather people from all over school and several different classes?
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:40 pm

As for the stats, I vote no on that. It'd make it too complicated, IMO. And as for how to gather everybody before the world shifts... That sounds good, book. Or maybe everyone is lives in seperate places and are brought together by the Arceus Gijinka. Also... Rampardos, Houndoom, Garchomp, Tyranitar and sorta Rotom... Those all look epic.

Also if I go with Latios would I be able to fly and go invisible like in the movie, book?

I know already, though, that if I went with Skarmory I'd have wings to fly. But since Latios doesn't, I gotta ask.
Back to top Go down
Guy
Mayuridachi Trio
Guy

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Latios has wings...but probably not go invisible. Unless Gengar can hide in Shadows.

I think some stats should carry over, some essence of stats. So that Alakazam doesn't have more attack than a Tyrannitar and that Shuckle doesn't outspeed Electrode, things like that. Follow some basic outline.
Back to top Go down
Cybeast Worshipper
Sexy Beast
Sexy Beast
Cybeast Worshipper

Male

Staff Title : <3
Custom Title : Wolf Jawed Guardian of the Iroquois.
Activity Points : 71027

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, basic stats that fit the pokemon like Guy said.

As for the meeting part... Pokemon club, maybe. I feel like it's too nerdy... maybe the release of SS and HG? XD People buy it, play it for the day... or put it away to play for the next day, and end up in the world.... or they turn it on in the middle of the night and get absorbed.... I dunno. Some ideas.

As for Pokemon ideas, hmm....

I'm looking at Cubone or Aerodactyl...
Back to top Go down
Necrolance

Necrolance

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I didn't notice the wings, Guy. And the invisible thing could be limited easily. But it's up to book. I'm probably going to go with either Garchomp or Skarmory anyway. Probably Skarmory.
Back to top Go down
Ninetails
大丈夫だ、問題ない
大丈夫だ、問題ない
Ninetails

Male

Staff Title : The Hank Hill Experience
Permanent Name : Ky
Custom Title : SOME. TIMES. SOME. TIMES.
Activity Points : 122442

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:57 pm

Well Latios's invisibility is actually just them reflecting light or something like that, so if you find away around that it's not as broken as you'd think.

And I like the idea of the HG and SS release XD
Back to top Go down
http://cheatyface.tumblr.com/
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:33 pm

Okay.... I'll go with the basic stats. Shuckle outspeeding Electrode is ridiculous. XD I don't know how to set any rules on this besides referencing their exact stats, but I'll leave that matter and solve it IC in practice when it becomes relevant. >.>

Latios can fly, but not turn invisible. Now, Kecleon COULD turn invisible - because he learns Camouflage and that's an attack. If the Pokemon could do something that's not reflected in their attacks/abilities, then due to balancing you can't use that ability/attack. In specific cases still ask me for permission to use a given ability.

HG and SS release sounds great. We'll go with that for sure.

And now... I'll just list here everyone's Pokemon forms we've agreed on so far.

Allen / Persian
Zeru / Darkrai
Ky / Ninetails
Midnyte / Misdreavus
Guy / Gengar
Magnus / Cubone or Aerodactyl?
Necro / Skarmory?

And I'll be choosing an evolving Pokemon (I gave up on the custom at last). I'll be Nincada+Ninjask+Shedinja.
Back to top Go down
Zembykins
The Mask of Barona
Zembykins

Female

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 pm

Bookman wrote:
And I'll be choosing an evolving Pokemon (I gave up on the custom at last). I'll be Nincada+Ninjask+Shedinja.
That was my third choice. XDD I love that evolution line; I have Ninjask in my team and I love him. 8D

But, I've decided to go with the Chimchou/Lanturn evolution line. Sorry Absol. ;___;
Back to top Go down
Xellious Noon
Veteran Roleplayer
Xellious Noon

Male

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:43 pm

They're a good choice. OvO

So right now the list is....

Allen / Persian
Zeru / Darkrai
Ky / Ninetails
Midnyte / Misdreavus
Guy / Gengar
Zemby / Chinchou+Lanturn
Bookman / Nincada+Ninjask+Shedinja
Magnus / Cubone or Aerodactyl?
Necro / Skarmory?

I'll probably start the IC tomorrow... >.> I'm swarmed at this hour. ^^;; Gives folks more time to make up their minds though.
Back to top Go down
Zembykins
The Mask of Barona
Zembykins

Female

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 8:44 pm

I thought Zags chose Eevee?

Or am I remembering this wrong...? *looks back*

EDIT: Ah, Eevee or Gallade he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?   OOC: Pokemon Gijinka? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OOC: Pokemon Gijinka?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum